ADVERTISEMENT

NIL dollars to the baseball program?...

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
It would be interesting to learn what the baseball program's share of the NIL dollars is. I saw that IU's NIL collective funding ranks right up there with some of the top schools in the B1G to include the Pac-12 schools that are joining the B1G in the upcoming sports season. Here's a link that shows the breakdown for the B1G for 2023-24, and it includes every school with the exception of Northwestern and Southern Cal which are private schools and they usually don't release figures.

It would be interesting to learn what the baseball program's share of the NIL dollars is. I saw that IU's NIL collective funding ranks right up there with some of the top schools in the B1G to include the Pac-12 schools that are joining the B1G in the upcoming sports season. Here's a link that shows the breakdown for the B1G for 2023-24, and it includes every school with the exception of Northwestern and Southern Cal which are private schools and they usually don't release figures.

I just don't trust these estimates. Everyone is guessing and they're doing it for clicks.

I just don't trust these estimates. Everyone is guessing and they're doing it for clicks.
IMO, given their methodology, I would say it just might be a little more than a guess and they might be somewhere in the ballpark. But as they pointed out, when it comes to the collectives, they are private and they don't have to give out their numbers.

Regardless, it would still be interesting to know where IU stands with regard to other conference schools in NIL dollars spent toward the baseball program, and it's something they will probably never reveal. PSU has decided to pump more NIL dollars into their program, and while we don't know the numbers, Nebraska has reportedly been one of the top schools in that area when it comes to baseball. Nebraska already had a solid program when they came over from the Big 8/12, and it was kind of surprising they won the conference tourney championship for the first time since they came into the conference back in 2011.

I will tell you that IU probably invest NIL heavily in basketball and football as those drive the revenue. I’d bet Soccer and Womens basketball is the next priority with baseball being at that spot within the hierarchy of programs. I couldn’t imagine it would be a sizeable investment in baseball.

SEC teams will dominate the baseball NIL landscape. It was widely known that Skenes and White at LSU last year were making around 1MM each last year. That’s just 2 players, I doubt that IU is spending 2MM for the whole baseball program.

I will tell you that IU probably invest NIL heavily in basketball and football as those drive the revenue. I’d bet Soccer and Womens basketball is the next priority with baseball being at that spot within the hierarchy of programs. I couldn’t imagine it would be a sizeable investment in baseball.

SEC teams will dominate the baseball NIL landscape. It was widely known that Skenes and White at LSU last year were making around 1MM each last year. That’s just 2 players, I doubt that IU is spending 2MM for the whole baseball program.
And that's why I'm afraid our top returning talent isn't going to be returning, even if they're not draft eligible.

Reactions: Bucket Getter

I’d be shocked if it’s over $500k. Heck the football team probably isn’t getting a lot more than $2M.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT