ADVERTISEMENT

New Uniforms coming???

55676.jpg

I think we should let Adidas get crazy and creative, but incorporate our traditional stuff (colors, trident, candy stripes) at least in some small way.

The issue with those lousy Fear of God bball jerseys was there were no hints/flashes/accents/interpretations of anything traditionally IU. Made for a lazy integration without creativity. Just my opinion.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I think we should let Adidas get crazy and creative, but incorporate our traditional stuff (colors, trident, candy stripes) at least in some small way.

The issue with those lousy Fear of God bball jerseys was there were no hints/flashes/accents/interpretations of anything traditionally IU. Made for a lazy integration without creativity. Just my opinion.
So silly.
The problem with letting Adidas run wild is that's exactly what will happen. Some artsy crafty guy with 7 degrees will be the lead in designing for my team. That's dumb. No thanks.

Candy stripe done wrong, may be almost as ugly as whatever those fatigues were they dressed the basketball team in, mentioned above.

I think it could look very cool though... done right. The basketball teams looks cool. Course for them it's just warmups, not uni.

Fun to talk about uniform combos and colors, but I don't care what they wear as long as they WIN.
GoHoosiers
That's where I'm at. If IU wore brown uniforms and steam rolled teams, the winning and celebrations around it would create a tradition and people would love the brown uni's. Until then, we keep debating this because we don't want to talk about the play on the field.

One of the things Bobby Bowden and his coaches told me, to turn a losing program around change the uniform so I could establish a new tradition - couldn't do that at the school I was at due to money issues. They were right though, as I went to a school after two seasons with different color of uniform and preceded to go to the state championship lol. It is common for coaches to change uniforms IE Wilson went with a red from Oklahoma instead of IU's crimson. We also saw Wyche decide to go with school colors cream and crimson.

One of the things Bobby Bowden and his coaches told me, to turn a losing program around change the uniform so I could establish a new tradition - couldn't do that at the school I was at due to money issues. They were right though, as I went to a school after two seasons with different color of uniform and preceded to go to the state championship lol. It is common for coaches to change uniforms IE Wilson went with a red from Oklahoma instead of IU's crimson. We also saw Wyche decide to go with school colors cream and crimson.
Cam Cameron did as well with the oval logo and black helmets. I associate those uniforms with ARE. One of the only good things associated with that era.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Bobby had some great 90’s style on the sidelines.

LESFGKCNEJGECCF.20140702094610.jpeg

If we truly are going with new uniforms then something along these lines is what I'd prefer to see (minus the cardinals helmet obviously):

*With all Crimson trim and the 2013/2020 style helmet (Crimson with the Interlock IU and Cream (white) face mask)...*

Now if he's just wanting to blow everything up and start from scratch he could just go with a version of the San Francisco 49er's uniform (while keeping our traditional helmet mentioned above...)

My personal favorite is the sharpness and simplicity of the "Rod Tidwell" uniform in the movie Jerry Maguire... Oversized numbers front & back (name optional, nobody can read them after the first 20 rows anyway, not even on tv but if they help with recruiting then keep them), secondary numbers on top of shoulder pads. White pants with three crimson trim stripes down the sides. Crimson stockings... Then...( and this is the key) do what it takes to make that uniform feared and respected in every stadium we play in...

Along the way, bring back the Bison big screen intro for the pregame crowd warm up and have someone design an air conditioned Bison suit (that closely resembles an actual Bison rather than a glorified clown suit) and our accoutrements will be nearly complete (don't have the time to go into the Red Steppers gear)😎...

*Leave the other schools colors to that ugly looking team up north with the toy train and the phony largest drum...*

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT