ADVERTISEMENT

Never really followed IU football like I do the basketball progam

GeorgeStrait IU

All-American
Apr 10, 2005
but if it werent for the unfortunate death of Terry Hoeppner, where would this football program be had he still been healthy and stayed on? Thoughts? TIA

Reactions: vesuvius13
The biggest problems on the team are two offensive coaches and I hope both are gone after this season. If we had a good OC and OL coach this season would be much better.
It's true if we had better coaches things would be improved. But I go back to the health of Pennix. This year he was not the same player he was last yr before he got injured. This young man is suffering physically in my view. His diminished play, and now his absence is what this team lacks.

but if it werent for the unfortunate death of Terry Hoeppner, where would this football program be had he still been healthy and stayed on? Thoughts? TIA
I’ve often pondered this. The Big 10 was down at the time, and Hep had the trajectory pointed up for sure. I imagine the Insight Bowl would’ve only been the beginning.

Ha. 4 desperate goal line stops to prevent hurricane ravaged Nichols State from winning in Bloomington in front of maybe 20,000 people was definitely the lowest point in my memory.
We’re there. How bad does our blowout loss to Penn St look now after they lose to Illinois? We’re not even competitive.

It’s an absolute dumpster fire right now. Potentially the lowest point in the program’s history.
Absolutely not. Indiana football is a losing tradition like none other and losing badly to OSU is simply "normal".

Reactions: BayernFan
Absolutely not. Indiana football is a losing tradition like none other and losing badly to OSU is simply "normal".
Not being down 44-7 at half at home. Not being shut out by an average PSU team. Not being crushed by Iowa. These are Bill Lynch lows all over.

if we would have kept wilson as head coach and allen as dc we would have been miles ahead right now. in fact, i think we would have won last nights game. i would have loved to see what wilson could have done with the qbs on this roster.

if we would have kept wilson as head coach and allen as dc we would have been miles ahead right now. in fact, i think we would have won last nights game. i would have loved to see what wilson could have done with the qbs on this roster.
We would not have these QB,s if Wilson was still the HC. Wilson’s last 2 classes were in the 70s or 80s and the trend was falling off a cliff and he could not get any higher rated QB’s to even look our way.

Which is all well and good unless you consider the fact that Allen was gone until Wilson was given the axe. Those two were not going to be coaching here together the next season no matter what, let alone four years later. You seem to be forgetting how Allen became the HC in the first place. Glass fired Wilson because he was losing Allen, and he didn't want to lose Allen.

Reactions: iueyedoc99
Which is all well and good unless you consider the fact that Allen was gone until Wilson was given the axe. Those two were not going to be coaching here together the next season no matter what, let alone four years later. You seem to be forgetting how Allen became the HC in the first place. Glass fired Wilson because he was losing Allen, and he didn't want to lose Allen.
This is the second time I've seen this claim (Allen gone until Wilson given the axe) made in the last couple days. I remember there was some unnecessary worry about him going to Auburn. There wasn't a chance Allen was leaving IU after one year as DC. In fact, his son, Thomas, committed to IU on June 1, 2016, a half year before Tom became the head coach. CTA wasn't going anywhere.

Reactions: kmathum
This is the second time I've seen this claim (Allen gone until Wilson given the axe) made in the last couple days. I remember there was some unnecessary worry about him going to Auburn. There wasn't a chance Allen was leaving IU after one year as DC. In fact, his son, Thomas, committed to IU on June 1, 2016, a half year before Tom became the head coach. CTA wasn't going anywhere.
Nope. I know from the inside. He had already informed Glass. That is what prompted the firing of Wilson. Tom Allen did not want to be on Kevin Wilson's coaching staff any longer. His son would have decommitted. Whether you believe me or not is irrelevant to me, but I know what I know.

Strongly disagree with this assessment. Aren't you being a little melodramatic? Or is this an intentionally incendiary take to get a rise out of people?

The clown is a purdue fan... "For p u" He's back for round two...

Just point and laugh...

Anyone who works as hard as he does to troll an opponent has serious issues and should seek help...

Strongly disagree with this assessment. Aren't you being a little melodramatic? Or is this an intentionally incendiary take to get a rise out of people?

The clown is a purdue fan... "For p u" He's back for round two...

Just point and laugh...

Anyone who works as hard as he does to troll an opponent has serious issues and should seek help...
I couldn’t name 3 players on Purdue’s roster. Don’t know one coach besides Brohm. Been a die hard IU fan for decades and alum as well.

Lowest point in history was an overreaction. But we are back to Bill Lynch days.

1) No way KW would have made it this long. 2) Even if he did no way Tom would have stuck around this long 3) Even if they did, we would likely not have the same QB room BUT would have won enough in the interim to have some studs by now for sure!

Honestly, KW is probably the best we could/can hope for at IU minus the, ahem, “character issues”. I actually miss him greatly. His PCs always made more sense than any other coach I have followed. Probably my favorite KW line all time - “the new (OL) guys are better because they haven’t been around IU long enough to get soft”!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT