ADVERTISEMENT

Neutrality

I feel bad for your kids
Why?
I’m glad your kids have a caring parent.
I’ve been on this forum blasting non-existent parents. And their role in poverty.
The fact that you, as an involved parent, had to google 2nd grade math….well that doesn’t shine a favorable light on either the teacher or the teaching. You decide.

Why?
I’m glad your kids have a caring parent.
I’ve been on this forum blasting non-existent parents. And their role in poverty.
The fact that you, as an involved parent, had to google 2nd grade math….well that doesn’t shine a favorable light on either the teacher or the teaching. You decide.
Because you asked if I got a good grade, for one. The implication being that I'm doing his schoolwork. I feel bad for your kids if you don't help them understand their work. That's what parents are supposed to be there for.

It's also a complete fallacy that if a kid is having trouble with schoolwork that it's automatically on the teacher or the teaching.

I had to Google second grade math because I didn't learn the "number line" or "tape diagram" methods. If they were being taught the exact same way I was, then I wouldn't have to Google the method. But if I'm even going to just review their homework I need to know what they're supposed to be doing. I don't understand your problem with that.

And like I said before, kids have asked for help with homework forever, that doesn't automatically mean poor teaching. Some kids have trouble picking up concepts and it takes time and practice for things to click. Some kids (like mine) rush through their work or skip steps that ends up getting them to the wrong solution. Since this is a sports board at heart, if a WR runs the wrong route or LB fills the wrong gap, that's not automatically on the coach. Sometimes kids make mistakes. The solution is to keep coaching them when mistakes are made, not fire the whole staff after game 1 (as popular as that sentiment among IU fans).

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
Because you asked if I got a good grade, for one. The implication being that I'm doing his schoolwork. I feel bad for your kids if you don't help them understand their work. That's what parents are supposed to be there for.

It's also a complete fallacy that if a kid is having trouble with schoolwork that it's automatically on the teacher or the teaching.

I had to Google second grade math because I didn't learn the "number line" or "tape diagram" methods. If they were being taught the exact same way I was, then I wouldn't have to Google the method. But if I'm even going to just review their homework I need to know what they're supposed to be doing. I don't understand your problem with that.

And like I said before, kids have asked for help with homework forever, that doesn't automatically mean poor teaching. Some kids have trouble picking up concepts and it takes time and practice for things to click. Some kids (like mine) rush through their work or skip steps that ends up getting them to the wrong solution. Since this is a sports board at heart, if a WR runs the wrong route or LB fills the wrong gap, that's not automatically on the coach. Sometimes kids make mistakes. The solution is to keep coaching them when mistakes are made, not fire the whole staff after game 1 (as popular as that sentiment among IU fans).
You’re doing great. At the same time it is ok for parents to question teaching methods. Keep up the good work…good parenting gives kids a great advantage in life.
There is no need for you to feel sorry for my kids….they have white privilege after all

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT