ADVERTISEMENT

ncaa tournament

bwd2338

Redshirt
Dec 5, 2010
Since it's a slow day with iowa or northwestern getting a automatic bid will Indiana be left out thoughts

Since it's a slow day with iowa or northwestern getting a automatic bid will Indiana be left out thoughts

We're fine. I just ran through the conference bids and even with Big 10 getting 5 (and our conference is 7th in RPI out of 32 so NCAA will have no problem justifying that) and every possible team getting in (RPI Top 50) that could from all of college baseball I only got to 68 teams. This was including potential bid thief's where conference tourneys have not finished up and several teams with much worse resumes than us so we will be in quite comfortably.

Reactions: ptrich and Townsend
There's been some unexpected tournament winners today. You still think we're safe?

We're still safe.

Other teams like Maryland might be sweating a bit (If Big Ten only gets 4 for some reason they would most likely be odd one out given we beat them 2 out of 3 and are 8 spots better in RPI) with all the upsets but not us. As I said I only found 68 worthy teams to begin with (and that included all the bid thiefs you are talking about) and we certainly have a better resume than a bunch I included.

We're still safe.

Other teams like Maryland might be sweating a bit (If Big Ten only gets 4 for some reason they would most likely be odd one out given we beat them 2 out of 3 and are 8 spots better in RPI) with all the upsets but not us. As I said I only found 68 worthy teams to begin with (and that included all the bid thiefs you are talking about) and we certainly have a better resume than a bunch I included.

Thanks.

We're still safe.

Thanks.
who are the regional host didn't that come out tonight

We're still safe.

Thanks.
regional hosts

First off Baseball America just put their last projection out and like I suspected Maryland is first team out and sweating a bit and we are very comfortably in as the 3 in Lexington (we are not even among last 4 in according to the projection).

As for regional hosts they are out. Louisville and Lexington hosting as expected as are all the top 16 in RPI (save for Virginia who was replace by no. 17 Houston). Projection I am referencing above sends Virginia to Lexington as our 2 seed which would be about as tough as it gets and I actually think would have a great chance to win regional over UK.

Last edited:
Confident. But will be really interesting to see how this shakes out. BIG shouldn't get more than 4. Iowa. Neb. In. IU, Michigan, minny, Maryland.... probably 2 of the 4 get in. Guessing us and mich. Would be shocked if we get 5 spots after what happened on the bubble today.

Confident. But will be really interesting to see how this shakes out. BIG shouldn't get more than 4. Iowa. Neb. In. IU, Michigan, minny, Maryland.... probably 2 of the 4 get in. Guessing us and mich. Would be shocked if we get 5 spots after what happened on the bubble today.

The only 2 possible scenarios for Big Ten is 5 teams get in including Maryland or 4 get in with Maryland out. Minny has zero chance given their horrible RPI.

IU is comfortably in given their head to head series win over Michigan and Maryland and highest RPI in conference, Michigan comfortably in given their record and RPI, Nebraska comfortably in given regular season title and Maryland on bubble.

The only 2 possible scenarios for Big Ten is 5 teams get in including Maryland or 4 get in with Maryland out. Minny has zero chance given their horrible RPI.

IU is comfortably in given their head to head series win over Michigan and Maryland and highest RPI in conference, Michigan comfortably in given their record and RPI, Nebraska comfortably in given regular season title and Maryland on bubble.
Maryland out would be karma for them. A bunch of cocky, loud mouthed a-holes.

Reactions: jmbennett and RBB89
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT