ADVERTISEMENT

NBA second round, Pacers with 3 picks... thoughts?

outside shooter

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2001
It would seem with their deep roster that they may trade away a couple for future picks. Two of last years picks didn't see much action (Walker & Tshiebwe), in fact they hardly saw the court. Sheppard showed some promise though.

Right now they have the 6th, 19th, and 20th picks of round 2. They had no 1st rounder last night, as it went in the Siakam trade (well worthwhile).

I am thinking they go big, with resigning Obi Toppin being uncertain, they need a PF or a PF/C to eventually give backup minutes.

Interestingly, Filipowski has slid and is still on the board. 6'11" and offensively skilled but not a rim protector and probably a PF-only. I wouldn't mind him, defender Adem Bona, or undersized leaper Jonathan Mogbo. The Pacers don't need PGs at all or I'd take a flyer on Shead, but a few wings available are Furphy and McCullar from Kansas, Christie from Minnesota, Reeves from Kensucky, and my personal favorite Nikola Djurisić from Serbia, 6'7" sweet shooter with hops and only 20. Long term potential.

ESPN's best available: https://www.espn.com/nba/draft/bestavailable

Thoughts on where they should go?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News