ADVERTISEMENT

My Ryder Cup picks for Team USA.

C-$

Hall of Famer
Nov 1, 2002
Carmel, Indiana
D.J., Jordan, Phil, & Jimmy are locks. Koepka is pretty much a lock. So we'll start with those five. My team:

D.J. (4 wins, 3 losses, 0 halves)
Jordan (2 wins, 1 loss, 1 halve)
Phil (16 wins, 19 losses, 6 halves)
Jimmy Walker (1 win, 1 loss, 3 halves)
Koepka (1st Ryder Cup)
Zach Johnson (6 wins, 6 losses, 2 halves)
J.B. Holmes (2 wins, 0 losses, 1 halve)
Patrick Reed (super-patriot; 3 wins, 0 losses, 1 halve in only Ryder Cup)
Bubba (3 wins, 8 losses; but prioritizes playing for his country)
Kuchar (4 wins, 5 losses, 2 halves; best showing at the Olympics for the Americans and has been good all year; also very likeable among his peers)
Brandt Snedeker (1 win, 2 losses, 0 halves)
Rickie (0 wins, 3 losses, 5 halves; but he really wants to be on the team... was the first one in Rio, is playing the Wyndham next week to help him with points... I want guys who care)

When I started this post, I thought I would have a couple surprises.

But I ended up taking the top 12 (current standings).

Other guys to consider:

Scott Piercy
Bill Haas
Daniel Berger (new blood; fiery personality)
Jim Furyk (easy guy to pull for but has had many opportunities... but playing well)
Steve Stricker (hope they keep him as asst. captain)

I still decided to post this.

I'd take Bill Haas over Ricky, at this point. Dick has just been bad, bad, bad for months. Then comes out and lays a giant turd in Rio? Yeah, he came back last couple days, once there was zero pressure....but he needs to show something a lot better over the next month.

Kuchar, Bubba are locks. Sneds is likely a solid choice.

No Furyk, ever.

I'd take Bill Haas over Ricky, at this point. Dick has just been bad, bad, bad for months. Then comes out and lays a giant turd in Rio? Yeah, he came back last couple days, once there was zero pressure....but he needs to show something a lot better over the next month.

Kuchar, Bubba are locks. Sneds is likely a solid choice.

No Furyk, ever.

Be careful ....Furyk might go and shoot a 57 on your A** :)

D.J., Jordan, Phil, & Jimmy are locks. Koepka is pretty much a lock. So we'll start with those five. My team:

Koepka (1st Ryder Cup)
Kuchar (4 wins, 5 losses, 2 halves; best showing at the Olympics for the Americans and has been good all year; also very likeable among his peers)
Rickie (0 wins, 3 losses, 5 halves; but he really wants to be on the team... was the first one in Rio, is playing the Wyndham next week to help him with points... I want guys who care)

Other guys to consider:

Scott Piercy
Bill Haas
Jim Furyk (easy guy to pull for but has had many opportunities... but playing well)

Ricky got to Rio early so that he could have more time to hook up with some hot foreign a$$ in Olympic village.

I like your list and agree there's no way Fowler is left off the team but I would like to see Berger or Piercy over him.

Dick Fowler couldn't finish in the top half of what's the weakest field he'll ever play in.

I have zero confidence he'll preform in a Ryder Cup situation. That choke job in Phoenix this spring did a number on him. If it wasn't for the magical back 9 at the Players last year, coming from way back, he would still be known as most over-ranked player on tour.

I like the guy, and hope he can find something positive over the next month, but he doesn't deserve to be on the team as it stands now.

No Fowler, no Sneds. Rickie has been a garbage player all year. Last year Europe played Poulter because of all his history and he played like crap. Rickie would be this years Poulter. Sneds is only a good putter. He's a terrible ball striker and never putts well in the Ryder Cup. For Furyk, see Sneds regarding putting. Never putts well. I would go young blood. Love Berger. Here's a guy out of left field that won't get in but would be great. Billy Horschel.

I was surprised Dufner is ranked so high.

Justin Thomas is playing well of late -- if he keeps it up I'd take a flyer on him

I want as few of the "repeats" who have made a habit of losing the Ryder Cup. No way I'd pick Furyk, and I hope Snedeker doesn't make it. Phil and Zack are enough of a veteran presence, beyond that, I want the new guys.

Not to thread jack, but DJ seems like a POS. I've got no respect for him...he's only had about three affairs with fellow players' wives. Not to mention he's had multiple drug/alcohol offenses. POS.

Not to thread jack, but DJ seems like a POS. I've got no respect for him...he's only had about three affairs with fellow players' wives. Not to mention he's had multiple drug/alcohol offenses. POS.

Hadn't heard that about affairs, but I've never thought it seemed like the other players like him and that's probably bad for a team atmosphere, but there's no chance he doesn't make it, unless he was injured or withdrew for some reason, he's on the team I think.

What's his handle? Surely he posts here.

Hadn't heard that about affairs, but I've never thought it seemed like the other players like him and that's probably bad for a team atmosphere, but there's no chance he doesn't make it, unless he was injured or withdrew for some reason, he's on the team I think.

Jesus Christ, people, he's already locked in points-wise.

Thought we covered this.

Reactions: cryano

Koepka (1st Ryder Cup)

Other guys to consider:

Scott Piercy
Bill Haas

TL;DR

Reactions: C-$

Koepka (1st Ryder Cup)

Other guys to consider:

Scott Piercy
Bill Haas

As long as Beef makes the Euros, I'll be happy. That guy will have a great gallery.

Reactions: C-$
1. DJ
2. Spieth
3. Phil
4. Walker
5. Koepka
6. Zach
7. JB
8. Reed
I'll assume the above will remain locks. I have more faith in 6 - 8 than I have in 1-5.

For 8-12, I want newer blood:
Haas
Berger
Horschel
Ryan Moore

It really doesn't matter, I don't expect them to win.
Can Jason Day be granted citizenship before the end of the month?

That's kinda what I figured. He's riding a high from all that success. Not once has he offered to buy a round.

Haha. My "grind" usually consists of 5 minutes max although the Euro picks took more than a few minutes. I'm making real jack playing NASCAR. Those professional gamblers are clueless in that arena.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT