ADVERTISEMENT

My Plans To Go to The Game 'Sploded When MTIOTFette Announced a Trip

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
home from college. Then, this morning about 10, she announced she was headed back - sorority meeting and attending the Western Spring Game for charity activities.

So I moved the couch for my bride and took off for the game anyway at the last second.

Traffic was typical from Gnaw Bone to Bloomington. Too much and too slow.
The Palmyra route is re-elevated to No. 1 status.
Sometimes a coach just has to make a move.

Lots of new trees planted in the north parking lots/tailgate area.

New structure going up at the corner of Dunn/Bypass. Tower and a wall. "Sample Gate-ish". Gonna be great looking.

If I got my numbers right:

No. 1 Offense team starters for the first drive were:

Harris - WR
Cobbs - WR
Redding - RB
Sudfeld - QB
Gardner - OL
Reed - OL
'Feeney - OL
Camiel - OL
Spriggs - OL
Cooper TE
I missed the other WR because they had already rotated before I got there.

Defense:

Mangeri - DL
Dougherty - DL
Latham - DL
Rayner - DL
Scales - LB
Newton - LB
Gooch - LB
Bach - Corner
Unnamed No. 12 - Corner (no 12 on the roster)
Dutra - Safety
Allen - Safety

The "QB touch" rule made it easier for the defense to stop a drive.

1st possession - Sudfeld was "sacked" by coverage/Hollywoood led a missed FG drive

2nd - Sudfeld led a TD drive. Mitchell Page got caught at the 5, Harris dropped one. Nice TE TD. Cameron took the second drive for the 2's. He took a "cover sack" too. No movement.

3rd - Sudfeld took a "cover sack". Hollywood overthrew a WR.

4th - TE Cooper caught a nice underneath route pass, but Latham tipped and INT'd one, and my heart stopped when Sudfeld lowered his shoulder to try and tackle a running mountain. Cameron came in, threw a nice "out", then threw one a little wide of the WR and then had one dropped.

5th - Harris caught a bubble screen and made a nice run to insde the 5. Cobb caught a TD, but they ruled him OB. This was "haltime". The 2's started the 2nd with a nice 50+ run by Brookins. Hollywood threw a rocket into triple coverage for a TD by Graham. (Wilson talked to him after this throw.)

6th - Redding had a nice run. But Sudfeld took a "sack" to make it 3rd and 13. Hollywood had a pass dropped, then Cameron came in. Took a shot to the helmet - +15. Got sacked for -14.

7th - Hollywoood took a drive with the 1's. Redding had a 25+ yard run, Cameron took this one for the 2's. Brookings had another nice run. Nice out throw/catch by Cameron/Booker. Bryce Smith came in for a couple of plays. Brookins had another nice run.

8th - Hollywoood and Cameron split duty on a drive with the 1's. Harris had a nice 1st down catch.Hollywoood coulda scored on a run, but they blew it dead.A nice catch by Paige was negated by a big hit from Kiante Walton, who caused/recovered a fumble. Cameron started the 2:00 drill/last drive by the 2's. Threw a couploe of poor passes. A phantom flag gave Hollywood a shot. He threw a ball 50 yards to the outside hand of the WR, who couldn't one hand it. Then hit Paige on a nice crossing pattern down to the 3, then hit the back corner TD.

Overall, I thought the lines played well, the defense plugged the middle for the most part, the receivers still struggled a bit to get open/separation and the tqackling was MUCH MUCH better.

Saw a bunch of recruits. Saw Tyler Green.

Corsaro got dinged once and Dutra too.
Didn't look serious.

Crowd was good.

Wilson was "jovial" (for him).

The Oklahoma Drill will make guys fight.

Now its a long wait til August Camp and the Saluki's.

Woot!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News