ADVERTISEMENT

My increasingly difficult attempt to find positive information located this.

I'm not terribly impressed with the group...Michael Milken and Peter Theil?

Sounds like there are some smart people in that group, but I'm not sure that I see those two as the "save civilization" types. Maybe Thiel will emerge from his remote New Zealand doomsday compound to explain how he's altruistically looking out for his fellow man.

I'm not terribly impressed with the group...Michael Milken and Peter Theil?

I think you should reconsider Milken. Read more about his foundation and some of the amazing pro-humanity things it has accomplished. He's been an interesting champion of science and medicine.

Michael Milken is a liar and a fraud. He went to prison for securities fraud and is banned for life from the securities industry. While a student at Wharton he wrote a thesis about sub-investment grade bonds having a higher rate of return than the incremental default risk and that’s how the junk bond market evolved - based largely on his showmanship. Except it was all a lie. He never wrote a thesis about it. He just bullshitted. And at DLJ he brought in a lot of other bullshitters and they made hundreds of millions of dollars. And then the firm went bankrupt. And Milken went to prison.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Last edited:
I was thinking more that the scientists were the important folks and the billionaires were just the vehicle for getting their analyses into a position to be heard. However, since that one got such mixed reviews, I think I'll just start posting any articles that I find to be potentially positive in this thread. Here is today's offering:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...to-fight-covid-19/ar-BB13klAG?ocid=spartanntp

Reactions: T.M.P. and RedFan1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT