ADVERTISEMENT

My gut says we get Dawand Jones

I know he looks very athletic for his size, and has an impressive offer list and final 5. Is he a contender to start from day 1?

He’s a project wherever he goes. His footwork and technique is sloppy. Obviously he’s massive, with the right strength and conditioning and coaching staff, the kid turn into a monster.

He made a comment about Penn St not being as far as away as he thought so maybe distance is a factor and therefore SC may be out? I just don’t see a fit for him at Ohio St. I think he knows that playing time there isn’t going to happen anytime soon. Penn St was his last official so they are the freshest in his mind. Personally I believe it’s down to Penn St and us. In the end I too believe he selects the Hoosiers.

He’s a project wherever he goes. His footwork and technique is sloppy. Obviously he’s massive, with the right strength and conditioning and coaching staff, the kid turn into a monster.

He made a comment about Penn St not being as far as away as he thought so maybe distance is a factor and therefore SC may be out? I just don’t see a fit for him at Ohio St. I think he knows that playing time there isn’t going to happen anytime soon. Penn St was his last official so they are the freshest in his mind. Personally I believe it’s down to Penn St and us. In the end I too believe he selects the Hoosiers.
Hope I’m wrong, but my money is on OSU.

Hope I’m wrong, but my money is on OSU.

They have 3 kids on their roster from Indiana. Cathedral (Werner, and McLaurin who just graduated) and Ft. Wayne (Mack and Young) They have zero ties to BD. He’s not going to OSU. They’ve never had a kid from BD.

Reactions: vesuvius13
They have 3 kids on their roster from Indiana. Cathedral (Werner, and McLaurin who just graduated) and Ft. Wayne (Mack and Young) They have zero ties to BD. He’s not going to OSU. They’ve never had a kid from BD.
Like I said, hope I’m wrong, but having ties to BD has nothing to do with this decision.

Like I said, hope I’m wrong, but having ties to BD has nothing to do with this decision.

Not sure I’d say “nothing” - Allen’s ties may be helpful (may be what has IU in a strong final five) But I’d agree maybe not what tips final decision either.

Not sure I’d say “nothing” - Allen’s ties may be helpful (may be what has IU in a strong final five) But I’d agree maybe not what tips final decision either.
Do you really think Dawand Jones is going to make an important decision about his future based on Allen having coached at his H.S. ? What has IU in his final five is being the home state school, the first to offer, and the offer to walk on the Bball team. Who knows what happens, but OSU appears to have the upper hand at this point. Hope like heck that changes, but I’m not holding my breath.

I went over to OSU’s 24/7 board, they must know something we don’t because they have him in their class along with 2 other 4 stars and the kid from Rutgers as a grad transfer. To me this makes no sense on why he’d go. I understand he won’t see the field next year whenever he goes but will he ever at OSU?

I went over to OSU’s 24/7 board, they must know something we don’t because they have him in their class along with 2 other 4 stars and the kid from Rutgers as a grad transfer. To me this makes no sense on why he’d go. I understand he won’t see the field next year whenever he goes but will he ever at OSU?
At 6’8” 360 with good feet, yes, I’d say there is a real good chance he sees the field. Of course most of that will depend on him, his work ethic and commitment, but you don’t get the offers he has received unless there is great potential.

Reactions: St_Henry_Buckeye
Do you really think Dawand Jones is going to make an important decision about his future based on Allen having coached at his H.S. ? What has IU in his final five is being the home state school, the first to offer, and the offer to walk on the Bball team. Who knows what happens, but OSU appears to have the upper hand at this point. Hope like heck that changes, but I’m not holding my breath.
Did you read my post? I said it might have helped in the access to him, getting in the mix, but not the final decision. Never inferred that so not sure why you do.

Given his list all along, I've been tad skeptical IU wins out. Hope he does of course, but obviously we can't win them all. TBD for the final four spots left.

Did you read my post? I said it might have helped in the access to him, getting in the mix, but not the final decision. Never inferred that so not sure why you do.

Given his list all along, I've been tad skeptical IU wins out. Hope he does of course, but obviously we can't win them all. TBD for the final four spots left.

I really think Weaver will be the only name of visitors this weekend that we will see before 2/6. Obviously, there’s 3 days left but I see D Jones, TJ Jones, Kam Bell, Ira Henry, Ike, Jonathan Allen going elsewhere.

The one name that may surface is Latrell Jean. After that, I think we’re going to see some names come out of nowhere.

I really think Weaver will be the only name of visitors this weekend that we will see before 2/6. Obviously, there’s 3 days left but I see D Jones, TJ Jones, Kam Bell, Ira Henry, Ike, Jonathan Allen going elsewhere.

The one name that may surface is Latrell Jean. After that, I think we’re going to see some names come out of nowhere.
and I would assume Jean's name (re-)surfaces only if and when K. Williams says no to IU

Reactions: HermanB

Cecil Powell is suppose to commit today. We have a pretty good shot at him.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT