ADVERTISEMENT

Current scholarship count

It looks like the first team meeting is tonight. So, I imagine we should know more soon. I’m not exactly sure how the bill of rights works, but it is curious the way it’s written makes it seem Cignetti can’t revoke a scholarship because of performance. So, anyone who didn’t jump to the portal would seem to have secured their spot. However, it seems if a player simply wants to retire or quit football they could give up their football scholarship and still receive full assistance until they finish their degree which shouldn’t count towards the 85 limit. So, maybe some players will be encouraged to either transfer or retire from football.

It looks like the first team meeting is tonight. So, I imagine we should know more soon. I’m not exactly sure how the bill of rights works, but it is curious the way it’s written makes it seem Cignetti can’t revoke a scholarship because of performance. So, anyone who didn’t jump to the portal would seem to have secured their spot. However, it seems if a player simply wants to retire or quit football they could give up their football scholarship and still receive full assistance until they finish their degree which shouldn’t count towards the 85 limit. So, maybe some players will be encouraged to either transfer or retire from football.
Curious how you found out tonight’s the first team meeting. That’s the kind of insider stuff we need around here.

Curious how you found out tonight’s the first team meeting. That’s the kind of insider stuff we need around here.
It went vey well. At least from our perspective. Gonna GSD, every day, between now and spring...and then onward. It's pretty easy to see this team is going to have a new personality, and quick.

I do not think there is going to be any tolerance for being good. This is all about being great. Shooting for the stars.

It went vey well. At least from our perspective. Gonna GSD, every day, between now and spring...and then onward. It's pretty easy to see this team is going to have a new personality, and quick.

I do not think there is going to be any tolerance for being good. This is all about being great. Shooting for the stars.
Thanks for the insight. Looking forward to seeing the new direction this team is taking.

Were parents invited? Or is this info from your son? Either way, that’s a damn good report!

Were parents invited? Or is this info from your son? Either way, that’s a damn good report!
No family. Once the recruiting is over…These guys don’t care about us. Nothing personal, they just have a lot of work and we are mostly just a distraction.

All good here, just go win. Get our guys better. Get the ones that can play more to the league.

So is there more than 85 players on scholarship as of today?? How many players are on the team today??
I’m sure there are more but it literally doesn’t matter until camp starts and through the season. Once the season is over that number doesn’t matter again until camp. So yes, some kids are still under scholarship this semester who will not be a part of the ‘24 season.

I've had this question from the start of NIL so thought I would post it here.

Can IU game the system by moving a scholarship player to a preferred walk on status, and that player ends up with say 40 grand of NIL funds to make them whole with a few bucks extra for the risk in the transaction?

No family. Once the recruiting is over…These guys don’t care about us. Nothing personal, they just have a lot of work and we are mostly just a distraction.

All good here, just go win. Get our guys better. Get the ones that can play more to the league.
They focus on the scholarship athlete. That's good business. Believe you think so too.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I've had this question from the start of NIL so thought I would post it here.

Can IU game the system by moving a scholarship player to a preferred walk on status, and that player ends up with say 40 grand of NIL funds to make them whole with a few bucks extra for the risk in the transaction?
Just a guess, but I can't imagine anyone at the NCAA would be smart enough to figure it out.

By my count (basically my "guess work") we currently have either 80 or 81 "Full Ride" Scholarship players on that roster (Full Ride vs year to year scholarships awarded to Walk-Ons...)

So we should still have a minimum of 4 to give (theoretically)...

Now I fully expect to be off by one or two so don't take my count as gospel...

*These numbers are for entertainment purposes only and any lost bets are solely the responsibility of the betee.. 😉*

Reactions: red hornet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT