ADVERTISEMENT

My buddy and I won a scrambles tournament this afternoon.

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
It was a church-sponsored tournament at the city golf course. Two of our playing partners couldn't make it to the event, so they allowed a long-time friend and me to play without them.

Because it was just a 77-year-old associate pastor and me, we were allowed to hit two shots each on every shot. In other words, it was like getting a mulligan on every shot including putts.

We had a shotgun start and wound up playing a par 3 hole first. I hit a tee shot with my 7-iron that wound up approximately six inches behind the hole. In other words, it must have lipped out of the hole to wind up that close to it. That said, I won the closest to the pin with that shot.

The associate pastor and I finished with a -13 score of 59 and won by two strokes. My playing partner also won the longest drive on a par 4 hole when he hit it about 275 yards. That's not bad for a man his age.

We had a great time playing golf with each other. Ironically, we were the only ones who walked the entire 18 holes.

It was a church-sponsored tournament at the city golf course. Two of our playing partners couldn't make it to the event, so they allowed a long-time friend and me to play without them.

Because it was just a 77-year-old associate pastor and me, we were allowed to hit two shots each on every shot. In other words, it was like getting a mulligan on every shot including putts.

We had a shotgun start and wound up playing a par 3 hole first. I hit a tee shot with my 7-iron that wound up approximately six inches behind the hole. In other words, it must have lipped out of the hole to wind up that close to it. That said, I won the closest to the pin with that shot.

The associate pastor and I finished with a -13 score of 59 and won by two strokes. My playing partner also won the longest drive on a par 4 hole when he hit it about 275 yards. That's not bad for a man his age.

We had a great time playing golf with each other. Ironically, we were the only ones who walked the entire 18 holes.
Hitting two shots each is much easier than 4 hitting 1 each.

a 77 yr old who hits it 275 this time of yr, and walks 18 effectively playing 2 balls, is beyond impressive.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT