ADVERTISEMENT

Musco LED Lights / Black Out

daddyhoosier

Junior
Aug 31, 2019
iufb.net
Since we are having a black out night game I was thinking about the new MUSCO LED stadium lights. I remember digging around on this last year. I'm looking at the Bid Form and it calls for pre-programmable light show capability. But I've seen several people saying that the lights we actually got won't do that. I've been looking around for a source for this claim and I can't find anything. I'm not saying they are wrong I'd just like to know how they know. Does anybody know?
I'm not familiar with this process. I'm assuming MUSCO won the bid, so maybe later in the process IU said no colors, no light show, just white lights? Can they at least have someone sit there and manually blink them on and off when we score a touchdown? I'm assuming we're stuck with whatever we have for the next 25 years lol...

Reactions: midwolfe
Since we are having a black out night game I was thinking about the new MUSCO LED stadium lights. I remember digging around on this last year. I'm looking at the Bid Form and it calls for pre-programmable light show capability. But I've seen several people saying that the lights we actually got won't do that. I've been looking around for a source for this claim and I can't find anything. I'm not saying they are wrong I'd just like to know how they know. Does anybody know?
I'm not familiar with this process. I'm assuming MUSCO won the bid, so maybe later in the process IU said no colors, no light show, just white lights? Can they at least have someone sit there and manually blink them on and off when we score a touchdown? I'm assuming we're stuck with whatever we have for the next 25 years lol...

Did IU officially announce a “black out night” to season ticket holders? The team is wearing black. I get that, but where is the communication to the fans in attendance to wear their black gear? Are they actually promoting this? Not that the fans at IU could pull off something so complex but has it least been promoted?

It’s kinda like the old adage “if you have to ask the price…” only in reverse when it comes to IU football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT