ADVERTISEMENT

MTG claims she was accosted in a restaurant...wrong or karma?

IU_Hickory

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2017

I think it's definitely wrong for the woman and her son to accost MTG in a restaurant. I would never do that and don't excuse the behavior.

That said, it's hilarious that MTG is complaining about it given that she feels it is fine for her to do that to other people. And when she is confronted about her behavior, she just claims that she is standing up for what she believes, which is exactly what that woman and son were doing as well.

So which is it, is the behavior acceptable or is it wrong? MTG can't have it both ways where it is fine for her to do it but not fine for others to do it.

Personally, I think it should be left to peaceful protests outside of a reasonable/relevant location (like outside of where they work - not where they live or eat).

Last edited:
Reactions: Bowlmania
I totally agree with you. I don't want to see anyone accosted in a restaurant or generally going about their private business doing something like walking down the street.

That said, I think she's a horrible person. She's the personification of the MAGA Karen meme and has no business crafting federal legislation. Based on previous tweets, posts and interviews she's not all that smart and presumably thinks doing her job well involves being the loudest and most annoying person in the room.

You'd hope that someone dressing her down might eventually force her to do some self-reflection and realize how ineffective that type of interaction actually is. My guess is that she's as deep as a puddle after a light rain and won't see the irony the next time she tries to shout over someone or harass someone from across the aisle to tell them about her lord and savior, Donald J Trump.

I totally agree with you. I don't want to see anyone accosted in a restaurant or generally going about their private business doing something like walking down the street.

That said, I think she's a horrible person. She's the personification of the MAGA Karen meme and has no business crafting federal legislation. Based on previous tweets, posts and interviews she's not all that smart and presumably thinks doing her job well involves being the loudest and most annoying person in the room.

You'd hope that someone dressing her down might eventually force her to do some self-reflection and realize how ineffective that type of interaction actually is. My guess is that she's as deep as a puddle after a light rain and won't see the irony the next time she tries to shout over someone or harass someone from across the aisle to tell them about her lord and savior, Donald J Trump.
You’re such a hypocrite, You never say anything bad about the squad?

The best part of the story is when Greene is quoted referring to the person who confronted her as an "insane woman." Marjorie Taylor Greene is calling someone else crazy. Hilarious.

What's really scary is that Greene isn't some marginal member of Congress with no clout. She owns Kevin McCarthy. What a shitshow the party has become. Thanks, Trump.

To be fair, I'd never say anything bad about "The Squad."

I'm a big fan and will watch clips anytime I can:

attachment-police_Squad.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Bowlmania
It's wrong by either side.
It is wrong by either side, that's patently true, and this article on the incident from Fox mentions a man in NY who was recently convicted for leaving threatening messages on her vociemail, which is definitely wrong...

But a main difference in this incident and the RECORDED versions we have of MTG being a crazy Bitch, is the fact that they are on video. We know she accosted David Hogg like a mad troll, because we have video of her walking up to him and doing exactly that. Same with her behavior at the SOU, or other instances.

For this incident, we have only the word of a deranged proven liar. So is she exaggerating? The evidence would seem to indicate that, as MTG has become the Bitch who cried wolf,and most of what she says should be taken with a grain of salt.

But what I find comforting is that aside from this board which increasingly seems to be less and less representative of the public in general, people seem to be more clued in and less inclined to fall for the BS. For example, the link I provided is the repost of the original Fox account on the yahoo platform. And even though it's a Fox article with a Fox slant, the majority of respondents seem to be able to sift thru the double speak, and posts pointing out MTG's hypocrisy appear to gather the majority of support...

Out of 1113 posted comments...

She says, "People used to respect others even if they had different views. But not anymore. Our country is gone." Her behavior at the State of the Union address is a prime example of that!
181 likes/ 29 dislikes

"People used to respect others even if they had different views. But not anymore. Our country is gone." Says the person who has no respect for others with different political views than hers.
292 likes/ 88 dislikes

And speaking to the actual thread title...

"Practice what you preach, MTG....you have, on many occasions, attacked, with malice and vindictiveness, those whose political views are different than yours. While I'm sure you don't need to be reminded, how about your conduct at the State of the Union address? You have polarized this country and want a civil war because you don't agree with others. I guess this attack is just karma...you get what you deserve."
269 likes / 71 dislikes

Got an instance of the squad accosting anyone?

You don't like the squad because of their politics. I haven't seen anything from them to warrant a thread pointing out their behavior because they act like adults.

This isn't a thread about MTG's politics. It's about her behavior and her hypocrisy.

Last edited:
Got an instance of the squad accosting anyone?

You don't like the squad because of their politics. That's very different than the shit behavior we see from MTG on a regular basis and her hypocrisy when it comes to said behavior.
You just described yourself and your behavior!

I think it's definitely wrong for the woman and her son to accost MTG in a restaurant. I would never do that and don't excuse the behavior.

That said, it's hilarious that MTG is complaining about it given that she feels it is fine for her to do that to other people. And when she is confronted about her behavior, she just claims that she is standing up for what she believes, which is exactly what that woman and son were doing as well.

So which is it, is the behavior acceptable or is it wrong? MTG can't have it both ways where it is fine for her to do it but not fine for others to do it.

Personally, I think it should be left to peaceful protests outside of a reasonable/relevant location (like outside of where they work - not where they live or eat).
It's wrong and she's a hypocrite and crazy.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
People in general need to leave each other the hell alone. I've always believed you don't mess with people you don't know or risk screwing around with the wrong person. FAFO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT