ADVERTISEMENT

MTG calls for defunding Law Enforcement

IU_Hickory

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2017
This is in regards to the Justice Department (includes FBI, US Marshalls, etc).

What do our resident conservatives have to say when it is now someone from their party saying to defund law enforcement?

When a tiny fraction of democrats commented on reducing funding for the police, it got used as an attack on liberals for months. Now lets see how it plays out with the shoe on the other foot.

What do our resident conservatives have to say when it is now someone from their party saying to defund law enforcement?

When a tiny fraction of democrats commented on reducing funding for the police, it got used as an attack on liberals for months. Now lets see how it plays out with the shoe on the other foot.
I didn't read the article, but if she is talking about cutting funds to the FBI or the CIA I am for it. Those departments have run amok. They need to be brought in line.

I didn't read the article, but if she is talking about cutting funds to the FBI or the CIA I am for it. Those departments have run amok. They need to be brought in line.
I don't think CIA is under DOJ young man. Although it does raise the question, Federal Law enforcement has a role, but has it grown too large? I was listening to a podcast with Bill Barr recently and the scope of things he believes DOJ should be involved in is incredibly small.

yeah, that would be real smart, we having a major war going on in Europe, let's do away with the CIA because some hick preacher thinks they're running amok, probably because his thrice married immoral piece of crap evangelical hero Donny Trump told him so. Van, can you give us an intellectual thought as to why we need to do away with the FBI and the CIA, and something else do you wear your trousers as high as Trump? He looked like a bloated clown on the golf course yesterday

I don't think CIA is under DOJ young man. Although it does raise the question, Federal Law enforcement has a role, but has it grown too large? I was listening to a podcast with Bill Barr recently and the scope of things he believes DOJ should be involved in is incredibly small.
In my mind the real issue is a lack of oversight. There is a reason why our Founders put a ton of checks and balances in our system. People can be trusted but only so much.

I disagree with her on defunding. I do think there needs to be a bi-partisan oversight committee of the DOJ, equally represented by both parties. We need the DOJ to be trusted again.

If you read the article, it’s at least possible that she was lampooning the “defund” movement.

But her point (that he claims there is an investigation to avoid disclosure obligations ) is just another chit on the ever-growing pile against politicization and weaponization of investigative agencies. All these vote whores do anymore is investigate the other side. No wonder “drain the swamp” becomes a battle cry. Nero killed fiddle sales for decades. These bastages have a government to run, not a political opponent to skewer.

There is a BIG difference between reducing the budge of the FBI (national law enforcement w/o 911 responsibilities and local law enforcement who have IMMEDIATE first resoonder-911 responsibilities.

There is a BIG difference between reducing the budge of the FBI (national law enforcement w/o 911 responsibilities and local law enforcement who have IMMEDIATE first resoonder-911 responsibilities.

Yea, they just generally go after the bigger fish. No biggie

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57

I hate it when my side does this.

You're spreading her .... (stalling for cringe factor) ... BS for her. It's meant to garner attention only, that's its only purpose. The best we, the elite, smart, latte drinking liberals can do is ignore her and never spread her BS for her.

We learned nothing from Trump.

She says that stupid shit for two reasons; to make us appear angry and to build a repetitive message for the Lulled. . Repetition is very important when manipulating the Lulled. Can't train a parrot by only saying it once.

When Trump was running it was us, the liberal dumbasses, that spread 50% of his BS propaganda for him, if not more and we did it for free.

Don't take offense, I get it, she's a reprehensible human and easy to hate but it's counter productive to propagate it further.

You're spreading her .... (stalling for cringe factor) ... BS for her. It's meant to garner attention only, that's its only purpose. The best we, the elite, smart, latte drinking liberals can do is ignore her and never spread her BS for her.

She says that stupid shit for two reasons; to make us appear angry and to build a repetitive message for the Lulled. . Repetition is very important when manipulating the Lulled. Can't train a parrot by only saying it once.

When Trump was running it was us, the liberal dumbasses, that spread 50% of his BS propaganda for him, if not more and we did it for free.

Don't take offense, I get it, she's a reprehensible human and easy to hate but it's counter productive to propagate it further.
"The Lulled". I like that. Accurately describes the sheep on both sides of this lovely pillow fight.

She says stupid shit because she’s stupid

There’s an old saying that goes, “never argue with stupid. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience”.

Unlike MTG, Republicans appearing on the Sunday news shows today are supporting the FBI in general as being part of our law enforcement,

By doing so, they remain consistent in both supporting local and federal law enforcement.

Having said that, some of them do remind us the former president and potential candidate for the presidency in the future is subject to political attacks by the rival Biden administration.

Reactions: mcmurtry66

She isn't talking about police but a corrupt system in the federal gov't so quit calling it defunding police as it is misleading. I am not in favor of defund the federal justice system but to reform it so it isn't so political.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crayfish57
She isn't talking about police but a corrupt system in the federal gov't so quit calling it defunding police as it is misleading.
Still law enforcement and it is fact.

You guys wanted to bury all liberals based on a few fringe progressives talking about defending police, which is a bigger stretch than my post

She isn't talking about police but a corrupt system in the federal gov't so quit calling it defunding police as it is misleading.
Four thousand documents regarding the Murder of JFK, ordered released by Congress in 2017. The CIA refused.

Time to clean house and tell the American people the truth.

Guantanamo has been expanded for a reason.

Although I would prefer public hanging

• Haha
Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Four thousand documents regarding the Murder of JFK, ordered released by Congress in 2017. The CIA refused.

Time to clean house and tell the American people the truth.

Once in a blue moon you get one right.

National embarrassment /= national security.

He needs better lawyers.

Copyright laws are not “embodied in the constitution” - even when it is properly capitalized.

Not a fan of pompous legislators or pompous lawyers who write poorly.
Think he's referring to this:

Think he's referring to this:

Obviously. I don't know what MTIOTF is getting at here.

Obviously. I don't know what MTIOTF is getting at here.
Reams of statutes and unprofessional lawyers.

The lawyers were grandstanding, rude and insulting, acting unprofessionally, and made an overbroad claim that “copyrights” to songs are “embodied” in the Constitution, which they misspelled/failed to capitalize.

Rights to songs come in bundles, almost all of which are statutory. Lots of things have some tenuous mention in the Constitution. Without the statutes, it’s meaningless.

The lawyers made themselves no better than the social-media-ized politicians. When the lawyers act like the rest of the assholes, they deserve to be called out - they have a calling higher than rolling in the mud.

True. Although we've all seen worse.
There was a lawyer who I eventually came to enjoy and work well with, who had a very bad habit of sending an initial demand letter directly to a defendant and calling them everything but a human being. All of his initial demand letters made the claim that that particular company was the worst company that ever existed, who had acted worse than any prior defendant in any lawsuit anywhere at any time, followed by a ridiculous 7 or 8 figure settlement demand. If you wrote back and simply told him you were their legal representative, that he should please send all future correspondence to you, and that the company was prepared to defend the lawsuit, he would write to you telling you how offended he was that you had the gall to deny any of his allegations. I finally got fed up with it and called him seconds after getting an email from him laying out my immoral practices. I said “Sam, is that you?“ “Yes. How can I help you?” I said “do you have the letter dated x you sent to ABC Company?” ”Yes.” “2 questions and we’ll be done. First, why are you entitled to send that letter to my client, but I‘m not entitled to even write you back without being abused, and second, do you think your letter to my client made them more or less likely to engage in the settlement discussions you demanded?” He sputtered a little and said “well, I’m entitled to believe my client.“ And I said “and I’m entitled to believe my client too. I’ll make you a deal. Until discovery shows that one of us is wrong, let’s both believe our clients and work accordingly.“ The light finally went on, and we got along fine after that.

I was lucky enough to practice cases early in my career in very small towns and counties, where lawyers had to deal with each other constantly and did not engage in the stupid abuse that big city lawyers use because they were rarely face-to-face with their opposing counsel. It’s gotten worse after Covid because everybody wants Zoom depositions and zoom hearings, and are even less likely to have to get in the same room with their competition. Our society has enough problems with regular citizenry treating each other the way people have treated each other online the last five years, and lawyers need to help lead us back to civilized interaction. The pompous pricks who wrote the letter discussed above just make the problem worse by fanning the flames. They can assert rights on behalf of their client without being sanctimonious jerks.

#metoo
#notalllawyers
Not me. I litigate against assholes in nearly every case. I decided long ago to go the other way and so I kill them with kindness.

It makes me sleep better at night—you are what you do. If you’re an asshole litigator, you become a bit of an asshole (same thing goes for posting on a message board, by the way). Plus, as I have to remind my partner frequently (who has a sarcastic instinct), why give the opposing lawyer more incentive to work hard on this case and try to prove us wrong? Makes no sense.

• Love
Reactions: larsIU
Not me. I litigate against assholes in nearly every case. I decided long ago to go the other way and so I kill them with kindness.

It makes me sleep better at night—you are what you do. If you’re an asshole litigator, you become a bit of an asshole (same thing goes for posting on a message board, by the way). Plus, as I have to remind my partner frequently (who has a sarcastic instinct), why give the opposing lawyer more incentive to work hard on this case and try to prove us wrong? Makes no sense.
I'm probably a little biased as I generally came into contact solely with personal injury attorneys. Kinda like TCU, by the end I felt bad for a lot of them. Sounded like an awful way to earn a living. Some of them, though, can f*ck right off.

Nowadays it's all contracts that I deal with so it's a different group. Morose. Yes. Animated. Rarely.

I'm probably a little biased as I generally came into contact solely with personal injury attorneys. Kinda like TCU, by the end I felt bad for a lot of them. Sounded like an awful way to earn a living. Some of them, though, can f*ck right off.

Nowadays it's all contracts that I deal with so it's a different group. Morose. Yes. Animated. Rarely.
Those you showed mercy appreciated it I’m sure. And yes. An absolutely awful way to earn a living.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT