ADVERTISEMENT

Mt Vernon IN School Board Covid

Lmao. Of all the random shit I had a truck accident case many years ago in Howell County. As an aside I LOVE going to small towns and checking them out.

That's ozark country. Covid is bad down there
Yep . . . and yep . . .

. . . the place I want to see is Van Buren, and Big Spring.

That's where GrannySope's family comes from.

GrannySope's younger brother, my uncle - I'll call him Buddy for lack of a better name - went to West Plains and asked about whether there was any family nearby. He was sent about 5 miles out of town . . . drove up while an older guy - in his 90s - was bushhogging a ditch. Guy got off the tractor and came over to my uncle and asked "ken I hep you?". Buddy thought he was seeing his father . . . guy looked just like his dear-old deceased dad. When Buddy told him of the reason for his visit, the old guy said "Yer little ___'s boy? Well, I'll be damned . . . ."
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's really something. That is one remote spot Sope!

Just passing this on, though I haven't verified it all, myself:

This doc is a family GP that has only treated 15 Covid patients. 15.

He has been fired by two different community hospitals. He has an active malpractice suit filed against him for a complete misdiagnosis.

He also has an active restraining order against him by his current wife.

He is not licensed to treat immunology, epidemiology, virology, or infectious disease.

All of this was easily found online on public sites.
I have a daughter in the MVCSC. The guy is a wackadoo. That was a little 2 minute commercial for his vitamin treatments and nothing more.

Don't get vaccinated if you so choose. Don't wear a mask if you so choose. But don't do it on the advice of that dude.

So anyone who disagrees with todays govt. is an anti-vaxxer or pro-trump. LOL. give em an inch and Gestapo Joe wants a mile.

I have worn masks and got vax'd. The govt. needs to stop with vaccine and mask mandates and the desires of Dems to create a caste system. 80-90 pct of the old people have their shots. I support the young generations who are the future of the country. Only 5 more years and I can retire and leave this eff'd up country to live in peace that is if the US govt. doesn't ruin my life like they have done to so many others or bomb us with their new war.

Seems that pot and makers mark were working fine for the initial year before a vaccine was available. Seems to still be working since the vax is struggling with the delta.

Cortisone shots in knees? I wonder why the govt. won't sign off on allowing to insurance companies to pay for PRP and stem cell shots. I looked into this but have to pay from own pocket thanks to the govt. moratorium on these treatments for my back. Treatment is non degenerative whereas I am pretty sure that streroid and cortizone shots degenerate the tissue to make it feel better. Was so close to paying when after six months of dedicated PT for my back, it got under control. I could only lay on the floor or stand. No sitting because the nerve pain down the leg was terrible. The good news though is the govt. stayed out of these treatments. So as competition ramps up the prices should become competitive and reasonable much like Eye laser. Of course when the govt. and health insurance become involved prices will sky rocket back up.
You know, I always feel fortunate and thankful to God that I live in the USA, and would never want to live anywhere else.

I have to come to this board and read a certain segment of the population's posts to realize what a f***ed up, miserable place this country is. :rolleyes:

Yes. It's a weird american obsession with the word prevent. It's the absolute of "well it doesn't prevent" insert transmission, concussions, whatever and people dig in as though reduce isn't part of their vocab

Agreed. Have you ever heard of a SWAT team member refusing to wear a bullet proof vest because it does not prevent gunshot wounds to the leg? I have not.

Antibody mediated viral enhancement does not occur with these vaccines.
It was looked for in phase I studies. Zip.
It was looked for in phase II studies. Zip.
It was looked for in phase III studies. Zip.
It was looked for in post EUA approval studies. Zip.

He is focusing on alleged "outbreaks" in the vaccinated population. Those are outbreaks of infection, not outbreaks of serious disease. A majority of positive test results may indeed be from unvaccinated people, but a small minority of those hospitalized with severe infection. Those vaccinated, even if they tested positive, were less likely to develop symptoms, less likely to need hospitalization, and then (if they needed hospitalization) recovered more quickly. Finally, none died. Vaccinated people do not die of severe COVID-19, almost without exception.

Outside Shooter.......you appear to be a very well versed and studied person in the field of medicine or at a minimum, well studied on this pandemic. I may be misenterpreting what you are referencing in stating :

quote: "Those vaccinated, even if they tested positive, were less likely to develop symptoms, less likely to need hospitalization, and then (if they needed hospitalization) recovered more quickly. Finally, none died. Vaccinated people do not die of severe COVID-19, almost without exception." If I take that literally, you may want to reconsider stating that again. Here is an article on reinfections in North Carolina and a person advocating for taking the vaccine. I have copied the part on reinfection here for you. Thanks.

"As of the last report from the state Department of Health and Human Services, about 7,300 breakthrough COVID cases have been detected statewide. That's about 8 percent of the total number of cases. Of those, 388 people required hospitalization and 66 died."
He crazily tries to draw parallels to the mumps vaccine and infections that can be spread by live vaccines, implying that COVID can be spread that way. BALD FACED LIES.

We have an outbeak in the middle of the summer because of UNVACCINATED PLAGUE RATS. Simple as that.

He LIES on the benefit of vaccination to those having COVID, studies published LAST WEEK.

{edit: insult removed]

I have no doubt that he is a doctor. That does not make him an expert on research involving this disease.

I’m really not worried about mine. The stats don’t lie, even if the media is trying to make it seem like every child with covid is in ICU. My wife, who’s a teacher, is vaxed so she doesn’t have to quarantine anymore.
All three of my kids (ages 16 / 13 / 8 at the time of infection) got the virus and moved through it like it was the cold. Recently the now 9 year old was diagnosed with a respiratory infection (tested negative for Covid) and that was far worse than when she had Covid. Hopefully none of your children contract the virus, but if they do, the odds are very much in their favor of a speedy and healthy recovery. Hopefully you won't find out.

"As of the last report from the state Department of Health and Human Services, about 7,300 breakthrough COVID cases have been detected statewide. That's about 8 percent of the total number of cases. Of those, 388 people required hospitalization and 66 died."
I can't find any link to their methodology in gathering these numbers. Were they fully vaccinated, or just had one shot? Were they >1 week after the shot? Was it verified by vaccnation records, or self-reported? Some next-of-kin might think that if their loved one was so stupid as to not get vaccinated and then died, they might save some embrassment, lie, claim that they weren't so dumb, had gotten vaccinated, and it was a breakthrough case.

A 0.9% fatality rate is astronomically high for a vaccinated population and I am not ware of any other studies that came anywhere close to that. The Provincetown Massachusetts outbreak was IIRC about 400 people sick, 4 hospitalized, all 4 released in 3 days, and zero dead. I think that something similar has repeated, many times over, in other places.

Last edited:
I can't find any link to their methodology in gathering these numbers. Were they fully vaccinated, or just had one shot? Were they >1 week after the shot?

A 0.9% fatality rate is astronomically high for a vaccinated population and I am not ware of any other studies that came anywhere close to that. The Provincetown Massachusetts outbreak was IIRC about 400 people sick, 4 hospitalized, all 4 released in 3 days, and zero dead. I think that something similar has repeated, many times over, in other places.
I don't know dude. I linked the article and I also cut / pasted the section pertaining to the breakthrough cases / hospitalizations / deaths. Feel free to research it. Honestly, I found that portion to be random in the context of the article and eye opening as the statement of 8% positive cases statewide being breakthroughs. That number to me, more than anything, jumped out.

A few google searches I did came up with no other reports of those numbers, other than the one you linked. Seems sketchy based on that, but I can't explain it.
Me either. But it's there. And there is no way in hell tech / google would not allow any sort of reporting to be withheld from the public. Hmm......?

This was posted yesterday. Here is a little excerpt from this trusted media source.

"In general, it's very, very rare to get Covid after being vaccinated,” said Dr. Eric Ascher, a family medicine physician at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City. “If someone does have that experience, it's going to be a very mild case, if the person even has symptoms at all."

And some wonder why people like myself would be skeptical or hesitant in trusting professionals and our media. Honestly, the more time I spend researching and seeing what gets endorsed by our "trusted media", the more concerned I become. This article was published yesterday and this quote was pulled from that article. It's misleading.

Hey @outside shooter , from this same article, here is what they say about dying. So we have now found it in two spots. Again, I would encourage you to not state that people who have been vaccinated cannot or have not died from it.

Overall, the data showed that approximately 1 in 900 vaccinated people had breakthrough infections, odds that would be comparable to dying in a motorcycle crash, according to data from the National Safety Council.

Approximately 1 in 83,000 vaccinated people died from Covid, which was even less likely than dying from hornet, wasp or bee stings.

I do like how they make the reference to dying from hornet, wasp or bee stings or motorcycle accident for effect. Interesting how it's ok to associate that analogy for reinfections but not for unvaccinated or natually immune folks. Interesting to me anyway.

1 in 900 vaccinated people have breakthrough cases and the WRAL article stated there have been 7,300 in NC at the time of the report. This means that the general population of 167,000,000 fully vaccinated US residents would be 185,555 breakthrough cases with NC having 3.9% of the breakthrough cases.

Edit: So the breakthrough rate as it stands today based off these numbers for those fully vaccinated is approximately .001% or 1/10th of 1%.

Current numbers indicate that 167,000,000 have been fully vaccinated in the US. Recognizing and emphasizing the word "approximate" in the NBCnews article, this equates to "approximately" 2,021 deaths. Linking the article from WRAL, it appears NC accounts for 4.4% of the breakthrough deaths.

Edit: The death rate in breakthrough cases as it stands today based off these numbers for those fully vaccinated is 1.09%

Last edited:
Harmless is a matter of opinion. Many suggest there are harder to measure psychological effects, specially on children. Because you choose to ignore them doesn’t mean they may not be real.

My 3 year old can understand the concept of wearing a mask to protect the people around him. We explained it that way, he wears it when needed and is proud of himself for doing so. Obviously he doesn't like wearing it, none of us do, but a little bit of parenting goes a long way here. You complain constantly about masks and how they're awful of course your kids are going to feel that way too.

Found another report on that particular outbreak

"Nearly 92% of cases and 94% of deaths reported since May 6 have been in people who were not fully vaccinated," said Catie Armstrong, press assistant for the state Department of Health and Human Services. "This is consistent with data from other states showing that current increases are being driven almost entirely by infections in people who are not vaccinated."

In North Carolina, state data shows almost 7,300 potential breakthrough cases since the start of the pandemic, including 383 hospitalizations and 66 deaths as of July 22, according to Armstrong. "Those numbers are preliminary, she said, and could change".

also...

And as of July 19, when more than 161 million people had been fully vaccinated nationally, 49 states and territories have reported 5,914 breakthrough infections that resulted in hospitalization and 1,141 that resulted in death, according to the CDC.

That's 0.003% of vaccinated individuals who contracted COVID-19 and were hospitalized. And of those, 27% of the cases that resulted in hospitalization and 26% of the reported deaths were asymptomatic or not related to COVID-19, according to the CDC.

Reactions: aajohn2000
Found another report on that particular outbreak

"Nearly 92% of cases and 94% of deaths reported since May 6 have been in people who were not fully vaccinated," said Catie Armstrong, press assistant for the state Department of Health and Human Services. "This is consistent with data from other states showing that current increases are being driven almost entirely by infections in people who are not vaccinated."

In North Carolina, state data shows almost 7,300 potential breakthrough cases since the start of the pandemic, including 383 hospitalizations and 66 deaths as of July 22, according to Armstrong. "Those numbers are preliminary, she said, and could change".

also...

And as of July 19, when more than 161 million people had been fully vaccinated nationally, 49 states and territories have reported 5,914 breakthrough infections that resulted in hospitalization and 1,141 that resulted in death, according to the CDC.

That's 0.003% of vaccinated individuals who contracted COVID-19 and were hospitalized. And of those, 27% of the cases that resulted in hospitalization and 26% of the reported deaths were asymptomatic or not related to COVID-19, according to the CDC.
Thanks for sharing. Interesting what we can find and I also find it interesting how easy it is to find some things and how challenging it is for others. Appreciate you sharing.

Last edited:
I can't find any link to their methodology in gathering these numbers. Were they fully vaccinated, or just had one shot? Were they >1 week after the shot? Was it verified by vaccnation records, or self-reported? Some next-of-kin might think that if their loved one was so stupid as to not get vaccinated and then died, they might save some embrassment, lie, claim that they weren't so dumb, had gotten vaccinated, and it was a breakthrough case.

You continue to be wrong every step of the way.😂😂😂

My 3 year old can understand the concept of wearing a mask to protect the people around him. We explained it that way, he wears it when needed and is proud of himself for doing so. Obviously he doesn't like wearing it, none of us do, but a little bit of parenting goes a long way here. You complain constantly about masks and how they're awful of course your kids are going to feel that way too.
I’ve never complained about it once around my child. My good parenting revolves around listening to all sides of an argument & not claiming absolutes that aren’t accurate.🙂

I’ve never complained about it once around my child. My good parenting revolves around listening to all sides of an argument & not claiming absolutes that aren’t accurate.🙂

What absolute did I claim? You made a "many suggest" post and I disagreed and shared my personal perspective. If you have some evidence of the psychological harm that a mask is doing feel free to share.

What absolute did I claim? You made a "many suggest" post and I disagreed and shared my personal perspective. If you have some evidence of the psychological harm that a mask is doing feel free to share.
Use the Google. My response was to a claim from Stiffshit that masks were harmless. I am not even goin to claim whether the effects are long lasting or outweigh wearing masks, but the level of certainty that many here portray in their posts to forward the politicization of masks is ridiculous.

Just passing this on, though I haven't verified it all, myself:

This doc is a family GP that has only treated 15 Covid patients. 15.

He has been fired by two different community hospitals. He has an active malpractice suit filed against him for a complete misdiagnosis.

He also has an active restraining order against him by his current wife.

He is not licensed to treat immunology, epidemiology, virology, or infectious disease.

All of this was easily found online on public sites.
Is this the guy all the anti-mask Trump humpers are listening to? If all that’s true, sounds about right.

Here is a rebuttal to the doctor on just about everything he said:

we have two sides both claiming to be irrefutable experts on something no one is an expert on yet.

the only thing we know for sure is that neither the Dems or Pubs can be trusted on one thing that comes out of either of their mouths on the subject, which makes it all that much harder to deal with, and the fact that neither side can now be trusted even when stumbling on to some truth mixed in with their lies and lack of full disclosure.

on a side note, have those who funded, ok'd, or knew of and didn't stop, gain of function criminally negligent insanity all been put in prison yet?

and have all the other criminally negligent labs pulling this same insane sht as we speak been shut down yet? (i think Ohio State has one doing this beyond insane sht now).

we can do both those while we still deal with covid as best we can, with what little we know to date for certain long term, other than anyone over 50 probably should get vaxed.

Here is a rebuttal to the doctor on just about everything he said:

summary, for those who need it:

• He argues that masks don’t work because viruses are small enough to pass through them. Viruses do not travel as individual viral particles- they are inside the aerosols and droplets. That’s what the masks block.
  • He then states that all respiratory viruses wait for the “immune system to get sick in the winter” which is baseless.
  • He hypes vitamin D as the cure-all, but there’s still no evidence for the value of vitamin D as therapy or prevention in COVID-19. Having adequate vitamin D levels is critical for optimization of one’s health, absolutely, but there is no evidence that they are protective from COVID-19, though clinical trials have been run.
  • Stock then makes a meaningless and unfalsifiable scary-sounding remark, with no support at all, saying that the vaccines make your immune system become “deranged.”
  • He says the virus can’t ever go away because it has animal reservoirs (zoonotic virus). This is not the whole truth. Certainly, barring a universal coronavirus vaccine that can be given to animals and ideally one that is itself transmissible, SARS-CoV-2 is not a viable candidate for global eradication because it has animal reservoirs that could keep mutating and spark reintroduction into the population. This does not mean that vaccination based upon essential features of the virus (the spike protein always used for entry, as an example) cannot alleviate the public health burden of COVID-19.
  • Stock then describes breakthrough cases of infection during the summer and claims that this is proof the vaccine doesn’t work, ignoring that SARS-Cov2 infections that don’t progress to coronavirus disease 2019 are not much of a concern, so long as transmission by these asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic carriers is controlled.
  • Stock then raises the matter of antibody-dependent enhancement, except he calls it “antibody-mediated viral enhancement.” This is flat-out disinformation.
  • Stock then claims no vaccine ever stops infection, as though this is some smoking gun. Vaccines are not a force field around you. Duh. No vaccine needs to stop infection for it to have massive public health benefits or stop transmission. Nobody claims them to work that way.
  • Stock then ties mumps vaccines to COVID vaccines, while misstating the causes of the cited mumps outbreak. Flat out disinformation, again.
  • Stock then claims a drug cocktail helped 15 COVID patients recover. 15? Don’t his fanboys say that 99 point something percent are bound to recover?
  • Stock falsely asserts that patients who recover from COVID-19 have no benefit from vaccination at all. A widely discussed study released last week shows the opposite.

• He argues that masks don’t work because viruses are small enough to pass through them. Viruses do not travel as individual viral particles- they are inside the aerosols and droplets. That’s what the masks block.
  • He then states that all respiratory viruses wait for the “immune system to get sick in the winter” which is baseless.
  • He hypes vitamin D as the cure-all, but there’s still no evidence for the value of vitamin D as therapy or prevention in COVID-19. Having adequate vitamin D levels is critical for optimization of one’s health, absolutely, but there is no evidence that they are protective from COVID-19, though clinical trials have been run.
  • Stock then makes a meaningless and unfalsifiable scary-sounding remark, with no support at all, saying that the vaccines make your immune system become “deranged.”
  • He says the virus can’t ever go away because it has animal reservoirs (zoonotic virus). This is not the whole truth. Certainly, barring a universal coronavirus vaccine that can be given to animals and ideally one that is itself transmissible, SARS-CoV-2 is not a viable candidate for global eradication because it has animal reservoirs that could keep mutating and spark reintroduction into the population. This does not mean that vaccination based upon essential features of the virus (the spike protein always used for entry, as an example) cannot alleviate the public health burden of COVID-19.
  • Stock then describes breakthrough cases of infection during the summer and claims that this is proof the vaccine doesn’t work, ignoring that SARS-Cov2 infections that don’t progress to coronavirus disease 2019 are not much of a concern, so long as transmission by these asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic carriers is controlled.
  • Stock then raises the matter of antibody-dependent enhancement, except he calls it “antibody-mediated viral enhancement.” This is flat-out disinformation.
  • Stock then claims no vaccine ever stops infection, as though this is some smoking gun. Vaccines are not a force field around you. Duh. No vaccine needs to stop infection for it to have massive public health benefits or stop transmission. Nobody claims them to work that way.
  • Stock then ties mumps vaccines to COVID vaccines, while misstating the causes of the cited mumps outbreak. Flat out disinformation, again.
  • Stock then claims a drug cocktail helped 15 COVID patients recover. 15? Don’t his fanboys say that 99 point something percent are bound to recover?
  • Stock falsely asserts that patients who recover from COVID-19 have no benefit from vaccination at all. A widely discussed study released last week shows the opposite.
Thanks for the summary/rebuttal.

One pet peeve is when someone drops an article or an hour long video or podcast and simply says 'watch this'.

No, give us an executive summary of the link and why YOU really believe the link YOU posted is worth our time to check out.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Use the Google. My response was to a claim from Stiffshit that masks were harmless. I am not even goin to claim whether the effects are long lasting or outweigh wearing masks, but the level of certainty that many here portray in their posts to forward the politicization of masks is ridiculous.
The next time you have surgery tell the surgeon that you're opposed to the "politicization of masks" so you'd prefer he not wear one while cutting on you...

• Haha
Reactions: jet812

For some reason, this guy has become a real messiah to the anti-vax crowd...I just saw where the various fact checks of his speech are trending on Twitter, while I was reading an entry about Kaleb Glenn attending Hoosier Hysteria...

So I'm not up to speed with everything that's been posted previously in the thread. But the number of people reaching out to debunk his nonsense really grabbed my attention. There is basically an entire page set up of people debunking his wacky theories. So apologies if any of this has already been posted or is providing duplicate info...

I have done everything that you fear driven people have asked. And each time I am asked to just do this next thing. am frankly tired of jumping everytime the next big scare comes along. Call me all the names you want. I don't care.

This is you guys. Fear, calm, fear, calm and you all are willing to jump on the train to give up more of the life we had before this. COVID was a bad virus but it was not worth what we gave up. And forgive me if I notice things like this:

When things like this:

And this:

And this:

Are just fine because when they do it they are a "sophisticated vaccinated crowd".

But walking through Walmart with a mask or walking the 80 steps from the front door of a restaurant to your table with a mask is going to save the world. Your rulers have trained you all well.

Edit to add: And I don't give a rat's ass who the people are that posted those videos. I did zero research on any of them. The videos are what I am trying to show.
I haven't feared a damned thing, I just took precautions. And furthermore, my life WAS back to normal until about a week ago. But because suckcocking righties won't get the vaccine or wear a mask or listen to people trained in science, the delta variant has taken hold and now we're headed back to where we were.

So maybe YOU did what you were asked to do, but your suckcocking brethren need a little more coaxing from people like you, because they sure as ish don't listen to the doctors and trained professionals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT