ADVERTISEMENT

mRNA vaccine technology applied to pancreatic cancer: preliminary data is VERY encouraging

I need to be a mod. Not counting other mods, I would ban all but about 8 posters:
1.Brad
2. Marvin
3. Lars
4. MCM
5. IUcrazy
6. Sope
7. Lucy
8. Either COH or MTIOTF, but not both.
(I’m sure I left out a couple, but not many.)

Hell, make me a mod, and I would promise to never post.
I’ll pay up later.

Coh or floor but not both 🤣
I’m above you. Yep.
And Jussie Smollett
Well. I mean. I can kinda, ya know, just maybe see that one.

An interesting thread rendered useless in 8 words. Well done.

giphy.gif

• Love
Reactions: stollcpa and larsIU
You're not going to be able to tell with such a small study.

But let's say you have the following choices to treat your pancreatic cancer:

1) Say "no vaccine for me!" and (we know) you'll have a 5-year survival rate of 10% (it's actually lower, by most estimations, but I am being generous). With 466,003 new cases per year in the USA, that's 419,403 deaths in 5 years by any cause (most often: by cancer returning with a vengence).

2) Say "yes, vaccine for me!" and you get (perhaps) a 5-year survival rate of 50%. That's 233,001 people that lived when they would have otherwise died.

Now, if you know that (say) 1,000 of those 233,001 survivors will have a heart attack in that 5 years after treatment, when (say) only 800 of them would be expected to have a heart attack, based on their age and health history. Would you take it? Of course you would, if you are smart, if it indeed has stats like that for (say) 5,000 patients instead of 16.

giphy.gif

It’s ok. I’m barely top three in my own house. I take my W’s where I can.
Yes but why are you counting this as a “W.” You were included in a group.

@Bulk VanderHuge can you repost your post as a sentence. Or change the order or remove numbers or something? Lars is counting this for more than it is

• Haha
Reactions: larsIU
OS posts story about science. Encouraging stuff. Obviously not settled, etc.
Gets roasted b/c COVID vaccine appears to, maybe, possibly, don't know yet, caused some heart conditions.
OS notes, well ok but you don't die of CANCER!
Get roasted all the same.

Sometimes people are just posting science. Laughing at it b/c you disagreed with OS on COVID is.....not making board better.
The repercussion of a free society being feed bullshit perpetuated by the terminally terrified and stifling the WORLD for their political wants.
I invite you to share a fox hole. You game?

Reactions: Lucy01
The repercussion of a free society being feed bullshit perpetuated by the terminally terrified and stifling the WORLD for their political wants.
I invite you to share a fox hole. You game?
As long as you have a bottle. I am like 3rd gheyest though. McM thinks otherwise.

You’re warned

• Sad
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Geesh, sorry I ever brought up good news. Lots of you would sling shit if someone on the "other side" claimed that the sun was shining.

Sorry, I just felt like dropping a little flame and watching the moths.

It is very good news. IIRC Pancreatic cancer is the worst (or one of them) based on survival rate and ability to treat.

Reactions: larsIU
How did you find this out? Genetic testing or just via anecdotal experience?
few months ago her mom texted that she'd been asleep for like ten straight hours and i texted back "Growing!!!" well she had a real bad stomach ache that wouldn't subside. so we called the doc who told us to take her to the hospital. turns out she had pancreatitis. fluid in her stomach etc. we spent ten days at the hospital. children's so only disney channels lol. i slept on that miserable couch for ten straight nights and my back is still f'd from it. if you want perspective hang around down at the children's hospital. kid's with cancer etc. parents spending months there. awful. anyway she was young to have pancreatitis so they scheduled testing. last week we got the results that she has whtever gene it is that gives her an increased risk for pancreatic cancer, and a few other things. the only silver lining is you get notice of how you need to live, compared to many of us who are without notice and just abuse ourselves assuming/hoping for the best

I need to be a mod. Not counting other mods, I would ban all but about 8 posters:
1.Brad
2. Marvin
3. Lars
4. MCM
5. IUcrazy
6. Sope
7. Lucy
8. Either COH or MTIOTF, but not both.
(I’m sure I left out a couple, but not many.)

Hell, make me a mod, and I would promise to never post.
How can you not have Baller? Who's going to be the financial advisor?

few months ago her mom texted that she'd been asleep for like ten straight hours and i texted back "Growing!!!" well she had a real bad stomach ache that wouldn't subside. so we called the doc who told us to take her to the hospital. turns out she had pancreatitis. fluid in her stomach etc. we spent ten days at the hospital. children's so only disney channels lol. i slept on that miserable couch for ten straight nights and my back is still f'd from it. if you want perspective hang around down at the children's hospital. kid's with cancer etc. parents spending months there. awful. anyway she was young to have pancreatitis so they scheduled testing. last week we got the results that she has whtever gene it is that gives her an increased risk for pancreatic cancer, and a few other things. the only silver lining is you get notice of how you need to live, compared to many of us who are without notice and just abuse ourselves assuming/hoping for the best
All that from your daughter sleeping 10 hours? I've got a 25 yr old that can do 20 hrs easy, while her mother and I raise her kid. But on the serious side (not the what I said was a lie).
Those kids and their parents should never have to go through that crap. We donate to St jude and the Shriner's for the kids every year. I have often thought, as a mason, that I will participate in the hospitals once I retire. I do need to finish my 32th level though.

All that from your daughter sleeping 10 hours? I've got a 25 yr old that can do 20 hrs easy, while her mother and I raise her kid. But on the serious side (not the what I said was a lie).
Those kids and their parents should never have to go through that crap. We donate to St jude and the Shriner's for the kids every year. I have often thought, as a mason, that I will participate in the hospitals once I retire. I do need to finish my 32th level though.
So you're one of the Illuminati, eh?

Reactions: mcmurtry66
So you're one of the Illuminati, eh?
I can not confirm nor deny. But the boarder is totally closed, and we have it totally under control.
Inflation is a minor piece of imagination made up by the white racist that are the next existential threat to the human race.
HUnter Buydims is the most gifted mind of any of joe buydims kids.
Diana didn't die in a car crash.
Just sayin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT