ADVERTISEMENT

mRNA vaccine technology applied to pancreatic cancer: preliminary data is VERY encouraging

outside shooter

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2001
One of the exciting things about mRNA vaccines is its relative simplicity and potential applications to other diseases, even outside of the realm of infectious diseases. Such as priming your immune system to better attack and eliminate tumors.

BioNTech, the co-inventor of the "Pfizer vaccine", just reported some very exciting data on pancreatic cancer, one of the very hardest-to-successfully-treat cancers that exists.

This blog report gives an accessible summary of the results and links to the study. Caveat: ONLY 16 patients, and 50% protection from disease re-occurance, where <10% is the norm. Obviously not a cure-all, but that difference, even with only 16 patients, is suggestive of a robust effect, for a disease that basically lacks effective treatments at the moment.

One of the exciting things about mRNA vaccines is its relative simplicity and potential applications to other diseases, even outside of the realm of infectious diseases. Such as priming your immune system to better attack and eliminate tumors.

BioNTech, the co-inventor of the "Pfizer vaccine", just reported some very exciting data on pancreatic cancer, one of the very hardest-to-successfully-treat cancers that exists.

This blog report gives an accessible summary of the results and links to the study. Caveat: ONLY 16 patients, and 50% protection from disease re-occurance, where <10% is the norm. Obviously not a cure-all, but that difference, even with only 16 patients, is suggestive of a robust effect, for a disease that basically lacks effective treatments at the moment.

That would be wonderful. My daughter has a genetic increased risk for pancreatic cancer

• Wow
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
How many heart attacks will it cause tho?
You're not going to be able to tell with such a small study.

But let's say you have the following choices to treat your pancreatic cancer:

1) Say "no vaccine for me!" and (we know) you'll have a 5-year survival rate of 10% (it's actually lower, by most estimations, but I am being generous). With 466,003 new cases per year in the USA, that's 419,403 deaths in 5 years by any cause (most often: by cancer returning with a vengence).

2) Say "yes, vaccine for me!" and you get (perhaps) a 5-year survival rate of 50%. That's 233,001 people that lived when they would have otherwise died.

Now, if you know that (say) 1,000 of those 233,001 survivors will have a heart attack in that 5 years after treatment, when (say) only 800 of them would be expected to have a heart attack, based on their age and health history. Would you take it? Of course you would, if you are smart, if it indeed has stats like that for (say) 5,000 patients instead of 16.

OS posts story about science. Encouraging stuff. Obviously not settled, etc.
Gets roasted b/c COVID vaccine appears to, maybe, possibly, don't know yet, caused some heart conditions.
OS notes, well ok but you don't die of CANCER!
Get roasted all the same.

Sometimes people are just posting science. Laughing at it b/c you disagreed with OS on COVID is.....not making board better.

How many heart attacks will it cause tho?
Pretty dumb statement... even for the king of stick up his ass. Could anyone possibly insert one further. I say no...

What if, here me out, it only causes heart attacks in women, LGBTQ, black people, Chinese and Latinos ... then you're all in, right?

Pretty dumb statement... even for the king of stick up his ass. No one could possibly insert one further.

What if, here me out, it only causes heart attacks in women, LGBTQ, black people, Chinese and Latinos ... then you're all in, right?
DUMB

• Love
Reactions: DANC and Lucy01
Pretty dumb statement... even for the king of stick up his ass. Could anyone possibly insert one further. I say no...

Where the hell do you get off with this question/accusation? @UncleMark @TheOriginalHappyGoat

By way , it would properly spelled hear not here .

• Love
Reactions: Lucy01 and DANC

You left out Boomers. He hates Boomers.

Why are you tagging me for this bullshit? As long as you think Cray should be allowed to throw whatever insults he wants while liberal posters get threadlocked for even posting the wrong emoji, you can kiss off.
Good, let them all alone.

He wanted to be the good guy with a gun. Now he's afraid to use it.
I need to be a mod. Not counting other mods, I would ban all but about 8 posters:
1.Brad
2. Marvin
3. Lars
4. MCM
5. IUcrazy
6. Sope
7. Lucy
8. Either COH or MTIOTF, but not both.
(I’m sure I left out a couple, but not many.)

Hell, make me a mod, and I would promise to never post.

• Haha
Reactions: larsIU
I need to be a mod. Not counting other mods, I would ban all but about 8 posters:
1.Brad
2. Marvin
3. Lars
4. MCM
5. IUcrazy
6. Sope
7. Lucy

Coh or floor but not both 🤣

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
1.Brad
2. Marvin
3. Lars
4. MCM
5. IUcrazy
6. Sope
7. Lucy

I think I’m honored. . . . or offended . . . . Hell, maybe both

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT