ADVERTISEMENT

Most random celebrity you bumped into...

71805-bobby-knight-has-a-history-of-bad-behavior.jpg

564e6de83b0c2.image.jpg

markhenry01.png

Bill Russell and I were on an airplane from Seattle to Indy a few years back...
And I ran into Papa John one night at dinner in Lville

Several years ago, my family ran in to Muhammed Ali at the Essenhaus in Middlebury. We were walking out and he was walking in with a small group.
We spoke to him. He didn't say anything back, but he did pretend to Box with my young son. Pretty Cool.

Jenna Jameson, Ashley Simpson, John Rocker, Bob Horry, Denise Richards all at the same club in Vegas in one night in the mid 2000s. Denise Richards was stunningly hot.

Lucy Lui, Sarah Silverman, Amanda Peet in NYC.

Stevie Wonder in a Delta Airlines Sky Club in Detroit.

Sam Donaldson, Tim Russert in DC.

Mark Cuban in Bloomington

Tons of Indiana politicians in airplanes.

Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison at the airport. Reggie Wayne at the mall.

Tons of IU sports athletes and coaches over the years.

Orlando Magic coach

Those are the ones I can think of now.

Until last night mine was Walter Payton way back when at a 7-11. Went out to the track yesterday and ended up having drinks at Ruth's Chris (North) in Indy last night. Of all the randoms in the world I didn't expect to see there....Snoop Dogg. WTF? He was there for some charity event I guess.
If random is the primary criterion, I once pumped gas right next to Ruth Buzzy. Life changer.

Rode a chairlift with David Hasselhoff. He introduced himself as TV's Knight Rider.

Pete Wentz, Ashlee Simpson, and son Bronx at a local ice cream parlor. She was definitely coming on to me, which made Pete uncomfortable.
Too bad he didnt push you out of the chair.

Reactions: PtownHoosier
There is a reason they call Mellencamp - Little Bastard
I live in Venice, FL and went to Casey Key Fish House in Osprey and I am standing there with my IU hat on and a guy comes up and starts talking to me. It was Larry Crane who I had know from years earlier from working at Cascades Golf Course and drinking beer at Lower Cascades Softball fields. Larry played for many years at the fish house.

Trey Wingo in the Indy airport, I asked him about the Jerry Stackhouse ESPN commercial.

Troy Aikman a couple years ago at a House of Pancakes off Rush Street in Chicago . My wife and I were having breakfast when my wife says the guy at the table next to us looked like Troy Aikman. I said that's because it was Troy Aikman. He was doing the Bears game that day.

Ryne Sandburg a couple times around Peoria when he was managing the Cubs class A farm team when they were here.

Ray Liotta at the movie theater I worked at in high school. I tore his ticket. What an honor or something. He was dating or married to Mark Grace's ex wife who is a Peoria native.

My favorite was Jesse Jackson outside the Palmer House in Chicago at about midnight. It was the day before my bachelor party and we had gone to a rooftop for the Cubs game and had been way over served . This was in the spring of '08 shortly after the news about Jesse's affairs and child outside of marriage. He was coming out of the hotel as I was going in when I yelled at him "Jesse! How're your kids!?!". He scrambled into his limo and left, and somehow I wasn't disappeared.

Until last night mine was Walter Payton way back when at a 7-11. Went out to the track yesterday and ended up having drinks at Ruth's Chris (North) in Indy last night. Of all the randoms in the world I didn't expect to see there....Snoop Dogg. WTF? He was there for some charity event I guess.

Mine is probably Tony Perez. I was covering the 1976 World Series between the Reds and Yankees and thought I was finished interviewing players for the evening--until I ran into Tony Perez in the parking lot. He seemed to be in no hurry as I asked him questions even though his family was waiting for him in their car.
Despite never being a Reds fan, I have always respected him after that experience.

Reactions: outside shooter
Mine is probably Tony Perez. I was covering the 1976 World Series between the Reds and Yankees and thought I was finished interviewing players for the evening--until I ran into Tony Perez in the parking lot. He seemed to be in no hurry as I asked him questions even though his family was waiting for him in their car.
Despite never being a Reds fan, I have always respected him after that experience.
You are failing the Turing Test. Badly.

How edubbs of you...

Ive been pretty consistent in my replies...havent had any problem saying it.

Who is being passive....if it isnt obvious, that is a you problem
Wow, bet you're a delight to live with.

Your sig other: What's wrong, honey? Why so glum?

You: I wish you would just go away.

YSG: Okay, then, I'm going to hit a bucket of balls.

Wow, bet you're a delight to live with.

Your sig other: What's wrong, honey? Why so glum?

You: I wish you would just go away.

YSG: Okay, then, I'm going to hit a bucket of balls.
If you were my sig other? Yep...but you're not.

He seemed to be in no hurry as I asked him questions even though his family was waiting for him in their car.

And his family has always referred to you as that jackass freelancer.

VPM ran into Jared Fogel in an internet chatroom.
Actually I met Bob Knight on an Airplane. It was right when I got out of basic training with the Air Force. He gave me his autograph and everything. I told him I would be pulling for them during the season and that was the 87 title yr. When we lost to Lipscomb during Crean's first yr my wife and I saw Jared at Assembly Hall. We did not talk though.

Was up in Indy for the weekend with my girlfriend at the time, seeing a play and visiting the Eiteljorg. As we head into where we were staying, went up the escalator and about physically ran into Geraldine Ferraro when she was running for office.

Upper floor of the St. Louis Downtown Marriott for a frat convention. Me and the bros joking around near the elevator.

All of a sudden, out pops Ric Flair in a white robe said in a polite tone, "Guys, can you quite down, trying to get some sleep".

First thing out of my mouth is "Whoa......Ric Flair!!!"

He says, "Hey, just keep it down a little, thanks", and walks back to his room.

Come to find out there was a WCW event in town the next day.

Ric_Flair.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT