ADVERTISEMENT

Morton to PU

I pity Jimbo at this point. He's like the old guy high school coaches let be a waterboy because he was the school mascot long ago and he has absolutely nothing else to live for in his old age.

He knows deep down what he's saying is dumb. He will continue to spout off the exact same things though no matter what you say to him. Just let him have his moment. The current landscape of sports is rough on him.
PU has never accomplished anything ever, including the present, and people like you feel the need to take dumps on the message boards of others that have. As Mr. T would say, I pity you. Seriously, go take dumps on the tradition of Notre Dame, Michigan, and Penn St.: it will be just as pathetic.

Whose message board are you on, what are you doing, and can you walk away? Seriously, ask yourself these questions. You will see how pathetic what you are doing is.

Last edited:
PU has never accomplished anything ever, including the present, and people like you feel the need to take dumps on the message boards of others that have. As Mr. T would say, I pity you. Seriously, go take dumps on the tradition of Notre Dame, Michigan, and Penn St.: it will be just as pathetic.

Whose message board are you on, what are you doing, and can you walk away? Seriously, ask yourself these questions. You will see how pathetic what you are doing is.
Purdue is the winningest team with the most championships in the history of the Big 10. Saying they’ve “never accomplished anything ever” is, along with the poor grammar, an incredibly stupid statement from you. Why do you let Purdue live so deeply and freely in your otherwise empty brain?

Purdue is the winningest team with the most championships in the history of the Big 10. Saying they’ve “never accomplished anything ever” is, along with the poor grammar, an incredibly stupid statement from you. Why do you let Purdue live so deeply and freely in your otherwise empty brain?
Big Ten Titles are good, but to be great you need to win National Titles.
Thank you for pointing out the total ineptness of Purdue to capitalize when they are "good".
You solidified my observation that PU is always good but never great.

Reactions: Courtsensethree

giphy.gif

I pity Jimbo at this point. He's like the old guy high school coaches let be a waterboy because he was the school mascot long ago and he has absolutely nothing else to live for in his old age.

He knows deep down what he's saying is dumb. He will continue to spout off the exact same things though no matter what you say to him. Just let him have his moment. The current landscape of sports is rough on him.

All you do is provide weak personal attacks and really provide absolutely no substance. So why are you on the IU board again?

Reactions: ufo33
You know that they moved the early NCAAs to MSG, yet you never acknowledge why they did it. It is because they wanted the publicity and prestige of MSG.

You also fail to explain how as a recognized conference the champ of the conference didn't get an invite but NYU did and how NYU got the invite to a conference that did not play.

You should also be aware that Meyer cited going to the NIT was an economic one for many schools. The NIT paid a lot better than the NCAA. for private schools, heavily based in the East, that made a big difference. Ofcourse, the NIT paid more because they had bigger media and played on a bigger stage.

The key point is that the more important tournament gathered the greater prestige. If an NC is all about perception, which it was in those days, then the NIT was the more prestiious. Again, the NCAA followed the venue to the NIT, not the other way around. That tells you something.

/QUOTE]

The NYMC champ was not an automatic invite.
The years they were not invited they were not deemed good enough to warrant making the tourney. Just an opinion, like yours are. Once again,in the 1940 and 1953 tourneys, IU proved it was the national champion, on the court, by WINNING.

The years they were not invited they were not deemed good enough to warrant making the tourney. Just an opinion, like yours are. Once again,in the 1940 and 1953 tourneys, IU proved it was the national champion, on the court, by WINNING.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: brianiu
The years they were not invited they were not deemed good enough to warrant making the tourney. Just an opinion, like yours are. Once again,in the 1940 and 1953 tourneys, IU proved it was the national champion, on the court, by WINNING.
[/QUOTE]

Correction: IU was the NCAA Champion. Again, as has been cited and explained many times in this discussion, the NIT WAS THEN the premier tournament. If the winner of the premier tournament is the national champ, as it is today, then the NIT winner takes that position.

You cannot logically pick and choose Tournament A was best in Year 1, so they are champ; but in Year 2 it was Tournament B so they are champ; but in Year 3 it was A so they are champ, etc. As was pointed out, we are talking about an era, not a single year. The NCAA moved venues because they wanted what the NIT already had. There is a old adage: actions speak louder than words. The actions of the NCAA demonstrate that.

Correction: IU was the NCAA Champion. Again, as has been cited and explained many times in this discussion, the NIT WAS THEN the premier tournament. If the winner of the premier tournament is the national champ, as it is today, then the NIT winner takes that position.

You cannot logically pick and choose Tournament A was best in Year 1, so they are champ; but in Year 2 it was Tournament B so they are champ; but in Year 3 it was A so they are champ, etc. As was pointed out, we are talking about an era, not a single year. The NCAA moved venues because they wanted what the NIT already had. There is a old adage: actions speak louder than words. The actions of the NCAA demonstrate that.

You are wrong. Best way to do it is to look year by year. At a time when teams could choose which tournament they wanted to play in and some conferences and programs had a preference for one tournament or the other, this is the most logical way look at it. Indiana was the true national champion in 1940 as they won a tournament featuring the NIT champ and runner up, as well as top ranked USC and national power Kansas. In 53 they were again national champs, heading into the NCAA tournament, which also featured the 2 and 3 ranked teams in the nation. I broke down both tournaments more thoroughly in a post you ignored because it contained facts you have no way of disputing.

I know it hurts but IU has FIVE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS!!! Maybe one day Purdue can win one ON THE COURT!!!’ Until then, you’ll have to live with that retroactive title awarded 15 or 20 years after the fact

Really, I guess the College Basketball Hall of Fame disagrees with you because they inducted Keady in 2013. The inductees are selected by the members of the National Association of Basketball Coaches, but I guess you think they don't know much either.
It’s just their version of a mercy f$#k or a gold watch.

I was always convinced that PU’s chokes in the tourney were often due to Gene. You could see he was about to pee his pants from fear related stress on the sidelines and he infected his teams with that fear in critical situations. You can say whatever you want but I am convinced of this.

Take it easy Jimbo. Nobody wants to "take a dump" on tradition. Be proud of yours just like I'm proud of mine. You should value those banners. Me, I like to count the P's and the I's on the Old Oaken Bucket.

This is a good summation of the difference between IU and Purdue. IU wants to be the best in the country. Purdue wants to beat IU.

Why are Purdue fans on an IU basketball blog desperately searching for validity for their championless basketball program?

Why are Purdue fans on an IU basketball blog desperately searching for validity for their championless basketball program?
It’s a thread about a Purdue recruit. Seems pretty simple to me. I got on here to gain some perspective from the IU fans that post here. I really don’t need any validation, but thanks for offering.

:cool:

It’s a thread about a Purdue recruit. Seems pretty simple to me. I got on here to gain some perspective from the IU fans that post here. I really don’t need any validation, but thanks for offering.

:cool:
I'm going to start a PU sucks chant:

PU sucks!
PU sucks!
PU sucks!
PU sucks!

Wow, that was super cool, man!

Last edited:
I'm going to start a PU sucks chant:

PU sucks!
PU sucks!
PU sucks!
PU sucks!

Wow, that was super cool, man!
That chant wouldn't bother me at all. I hate the "IU sucks" chant but from a feelings perspective I couldn't think of anything less hurtful if someone was honestly trying to get under my skin. I actually think you guys have good reason to call that chant out as dumb but not because it's below the belt. With that being said, if it is bothering you bad enough then the people who do yell it are getting the reaction they want so maybe it's brilliant.

That chant wouldn't bother me at all. I hate the "IU sucks" chant but from a feelings perspective I couldn't think of anything less hurtful if someone was honestly trying to get under my skin. I actually think you guys have good reason to call that chant out as dumb but not because it's below the belt. With that being said, if it is bothering you bad enough then the people who do yell it are getting the reaction they want so maybe it's brilliant.
Let's get another one going since you enjoy it:

PU sucks!
PU sucks!
PU sucks!
PU sucks!

I'm so clever and cool.

Last edited:
You guys have 5 ncaa championships, but zero ethan mortonships
You are wrong. Best way to do it is to look year by year. At a time when teams could choose which tournament they wanted to play in and some conferences and programs had a preference for one tournament or the other, this is the most logical way look at it. Indiana was the true national champion in 1940 as they won a tournament featuring the NIT champ and runner up, as well as top ranked USC and national power Kansas. In 53 they were again national champs, heading into the NCAA tournament, which also featured the 2 and 3 ranked teams in the nation. I broke down both tournaments more thoroughly in a post you ignored because it contained facts you have no way of disputing.

I know it hurts but IU has FIVE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS!!! Maybe one day Purdue can win one ON THE COURT!!!’ Until then, you’ll have to live with that retroactive title awarded 15 or 20 years after the fact

Let's get another one going since you enjoy it:

PU sucks!
PU sucks!
PU sucks!
PU sucks!

I'm so clever and cool.
I do find it funny that both times you tried this joke that you had to go back and edit it after a short period of time. I can only imagine how sad the originals were.

I think we're done here. Best luck in life jimbo

I do find it funny that both times you tried this joke that you had to go back and edit it after a short period of time. I can only imagine how sad the originals were.

I think we're done here. Best luck in life jimbo
Maybe as sad as being a PU fan that only posts on IU message boards or naming your court after a coach that never reached the Final Four. Good luck in your job search.

No it's classless Purdue.
Please go back to the G&B gutter.

how many posts do you have on this thread alone?
Quite a bit. Most of the time I respond when I'm quoted.

Quick off topic question. I was going to ask why you started an extra account to like all your stuff but noticed courtsensethree is 3 years older than courtsensetwo. How did that happen? Not an insult. Actually curious if there's a story to that

Quite a bit. Most of the time I respond when I'm quoted.

Quick off topic question. I was going to ask why you started an extra account to like all your stuff but noticed courtsensethree is 3 years older than courtsensetwo. How did that happen? Not an insult. Actually curious if there's a story to that

Rather obvious what that is. I have a lot...a lot of very close followers on your boards. This one is extra obsessed, but not the first to create profiles based on me. Maybe you?

Rather obvious what that is. I have a lot...a lot of very close followers on your boards. This one is extra obsessed, but not the first to create profiles based on me. Maybe you?
Well I would've been 9 when that account was made so you can rule me out. You didn't answer my question of why that account was started before yours btw.

You cannot logically pick and choose Tournament A was best in Year 1, so they are champ; but in Year 2 it was Tournament B so they are champ; but in Year 3 it was A so they are champ, etc. As was pointed out, we are talking about an era, not a single year. The NCAA moved venues because they wanted what the NIT already had. There is a old adage: actions speak louder than words. The actions of the NCAA demonstrate that.[/QUOTE]

Of course you can opine that one tournament was of higher quality than the other, you and others have based your entire self esteem on that very judgement as it helps you minimize IU's success. Can't have it both ways Ace.

Big Ten Titles are good, but to be great you need to win National Titles.

Y'all don't compete for national titles anymore, either.

At what point is there an expiration date on past accomplishments? Ever? Can IU fans continue to thump their chests about their 1940 title forever? Do new IU fans get baptized into that same tradition? Are they better than fans of lesser programs because of what Branch McCracken did over half a century ago?

Honestly, I really hope that IU fans' answer to that question is yes. That means that you can rest on your rallying cry of "five banners" forever, with no real need to ever add a sixth. That's one of the reasons I like Purdue's future more than IU's right now, or at least the next 15 years or so. To validate ourselves, we need to go out and win. And we have been. To validate yourselves, you just have to pop in a 1987 season retrospective VHS. And from some of the responses on here, it sounds like you have been, too.

Y'all don't compete for national titles anymore, either.

At what point is there an expiration date on past accomplishments? Ever? Can IU fans continue to thump their chests about their 1940 title forever? Do new IU fans get baptized into that same tradition? Are they better than fans of lesser programs because of what Branch McCracken did over half a century ago?

Honestly, I really hope that IU fans' answer to that question is yes. That means that you can rest on your rallying cry of "five banners" forever, with no real need to ever add a sixth. That's one of the reasons I like Purdue's future more than IU's right now, or at least the next 15 years or so. To validate ourselves, we need to go out and win. And we have been. To validate yourselves, you just have to pop in a 1987 season retrospective VHS. And from some of the responses on here, it sounds like you have been, too.

You pu'ers rely on far smaller accomplishments when it comes to football chest thumping.

Well I would've been 9 when that account was made so you can rule me out. You didn't answer my question of why that account was started before yours btw.
Courtsensetwo has posted here and at GBI under a number of aliases, including Love4beer. Our mods busted him on it when he replied to himself in a thread, and the IP addresses were identical. He posts under multiple handles here, too. He was one of the infamous loopers during the knight era. He’s good entertainment.

I don’t believe that is correct.

None of it is true, welcome to another of my many many "followers" from GBI. Although UC may be Csense3, not that it matters. I have used exactly three usernames since the AOL days in the early nineties.

None of it is true, welcome to another of my many many "followers" from GBI. Although UC may be Csense3, not that it matters. I have used exactly three usernames since the AOL days in the early nineties.
Love4beer Sucks! I knew you couldn’t resist the dog whistle. Works every time for all of your many handles. Your looper buddies gave you up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT