ADVERTISEMENT

Moreno off the board

What big programs didn’t “cheat” pre-NIL? They all paid players to different extents. It’s just how it worked like it or not.

Now that we’re in the NIL era, former players are being more open about it.

Reactions: RunninRichie
True, But every program’s fans say everyone cheated but their team. It’s interesting.
Agree.

Imo pre-NIL IU didn’t do near as much player paying as the other big time bball programs — after all we self-reported texts/calls, and our recruiting wasn’t great. But I doubt we were squeaky clean.

I don’t really see other programs as cheaters. Cash payment were part of the game.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Agree.

Imo pre-NIL IU didn’t do near as much player paying as the other big time bball programs — after all we self-reported texts/calls, and our recruiting wasn’t great. But I doubt we were squeaky clean.

I don’t really see other programs as cheaters. Cash payment were part of the game.

You can’t totally keep corruption out of anything that involves money.

Agree.

said it many times....If we were actively 'cheating' in the 10-20 yrs leading up to NIL like many of the other big time programs, then we were not getting good ROI. We really sucked at the cheating part.

• Haha
Reactions: BigMobe and kkott
said it many times....If we were actively 'cheating' in the 10-20 yrs leading up to NIL like many of the other big time programs, then we were not getting good ROI. We really sucked at the cheating part.
We had plenty of overall talent, a lot of the time, from 2000 to 2020...

It wasn't the right kind of talent, and it wasn't consistently coached well.

Our problems as a program are as simple as we haven't had consistently good overall coaching, since the mid 90s. If anything, its been consistently bad.

There are a number of coaching names that could have happened for IU, that would have completely changed the trajectory of our program. We missed or passed on all of them, and we either made horrible choices, or got unlucky with the choices we made.

IU has been playing the game at varying levels...they were when RMK was here even. We've just not had the right coach in place.

We had plenty of overall talent, a lot of the time, from 2000 to 2020...

It wasn't the right kind of talent, and it wasn't consistently coached well.

Our problems as a program are as simple as we haven't had consistently good overall coaching, since the mid 90s. If anything, its been consistently bad.

There are a number of coaching names that could have happened for IU, that would have completely changed the trajectory of our program. We missed or passed on all of them, and we either made horrible choices, or got unlucky with the choices we made.

IU has been playing the game at varying levels...they were when RMK was here even. We've just not had the right coach in place.
valid points, and I really cannot respond without mentioning the Masshole...so I'll just pass and move on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT