ADVERTISEMENT

Monumental Failure

to all you naysayers, who do you think we should have hired? i'll hang up and listen.
Agree, look, we have a personable, clean, NBA lifer and probably the best coach in the B10 in the last 20 years on his speed dial. Now need assistants and players. Both can recruit and coach. Finally something good happened

• Haha
Reactions: Riveting
WTH does the national media have to do with whether Woodson is successful?

Are you a 14 year old boy by chance? You remind me of a hormonal pubescent.
I wonder if it’s the same national media that praised the Sampson, Crean and Miller hires? Although Sampson did/does deserve praise for his ability as a coach.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Not 1 person in national media has praised this hire. Sad but this will be another failure

The national media also claimed Archie was a home run hire. You know why? They aren’t the brightest bulbs. Woodson is a better hire than Archie and most of the national media will miss that. He’s also the best coach IU has hired since Knight (Sampson would have been, but he can’t follow rules). He wasn’t one of my top choices, but he should be successful and stabilize the program.

Last edited:
The national media also claimed Archie was a home run hire. You know why? They aren’t the brightest bulbs. Woodson is a better hire than Archie and most of the national media will miss that. He’s also the best couch IU has hired since Knight (Sampson would have been, but he can’t follow rules). He wasn’t one of my top choices, but he should be successful and stabilize the program.

Yeah, it's funny to see how much stock some people put into the opinions of pundits.

I think sports reporters can be useful in terms of collection and dissemination of facts. And, depending on who it is, I even respect some of their analysis. You can genuinely learn a lot about football by listening to guys like Tony Romo and Troy Aikman.

But, when it comes to opinions like the ones discussed here, a certain body part that everybody has comes to mind. The fact is: nobody has any idea how well Mike Woodson is going to fare in this new endeavor.

The national media also claimed Archie was a home run hire. You know why? They aren’t the brightest bulbs. Woodson is a better hire than Archie and most of the national media will miss that. He’s also the best couch IU has hired since Knight (Sampson would have been, but he can’t follow rules). He wasn’t one of my top choices, but he should be successful and stabilize the program.
I’m sure lots of people here did, too, based almost entirely on what they read either in the media or on his one E8 appearance. Oh, and what Glass told them (and most people now recognize Glass didn’t know much about the athletics part of his job). Still amazing IU hired an AD who knew almost nothing about A.

Reactions: snarlcakes
Not 1 person in national media has praised this hire. Sad but this will be another failure
I heard an interesting take on that. Kent Sterling said they didn’t praise it is because most of those media guys have no “easy button” connection with Woody. They actually will have to do their hack jobs for real.

Reactions: Krafty97grad
No, better yet, should’ve kept Knight. Of course, we all know that now, having learned our lesson. I hope Woodson, given his 63 years of age, possesses the necessary energy level required of the job...the enthusiasm to capture the attention of a high school star.
Yep, his coaching staff is going to be the key. At 63, he is going to be more of a CEO & face of the program. He needs three hungry and outgoing assistants who will do all of the legwork in recruiting. Woody will just need to be the finisher.

I'm certain Woody isn't going to need a lot of help with Xs & Os. After coaching in the pros for 30 years, I'm sure that he can break down film and find opponents tendencies & weaknesses.

I wonder what his offensive and defensive sets are going to look like? That's one of the real unknowns, without him having a history of coaching in the NCAA.

Reactions: abraxis
Yep, his coaching staff is going to be the key. At 63, he is going to be more of a CEO & face of the program. He needs three hungry and outgoing assistants who will do all of the legwork in recruiting. Woody will just need to be the finisher.

I'm certain Woody isn't going to need a lot of help with Xs & Os. After coaching in the pros for 30 years, I'm sure that he can break down film and find opponents tendencies & weaknesses.

I wonder what his offensive and defensive sets are going to look like? That's one of the real unknowns, without him having a history of coaching in the NCAA.
He’s not exactly going to run this from an assisted living facility. Youth is great, but I’m not sure the age thing is as big a deal as some are making it. Miller was young and incompetent. Crean was in the middle and incompetent. Woody knows hoops better than those guys combined.

Reactions: snarlcakes
Sorry.... but it's got the best of me.... and I have the guts to say it.... if no one else does.

"DIVERSITY" Hire..... that's all I am going to say.... and I will not reply to any further comments on it.

If I get banned.... I get banned....... if I do.... call it Cancel Culture!!!!!!!
Dolson is placing his career on the line with this hire. Ethnicity is not a factor in this situation

I’m not a fan of the hire, at all. I hope Woodson and Dolson force me to eat crow however

Diversity did not play a role and its idiotic to make that accusation

The national media also claimed Archie was a home run hire. You know why? They aren’t the brightest bulbs. Woodson is a better hire than Archie and most of the national media will miss that. He’s also the best coach IU has hired since Knight (Sampson would have been, but he can’t follow rules). He wasn’t one of my top choices, but he should be successful and stabilize the program.
Saying he is the best coach since Knight is like giving a tallest midget award...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT