ADVERTISEMENT

Monumental Failure

45 years ago...before literally most, if not all, of them were alive.
Word gets around quickly if a coach is a good hire. If Woodson does well it doesn’t matter his age. I doubt most kids know who most coaches are unless they’re coaching winning teams.

Sorry.... but it's got the best of me.... and I have the guts to say it.... if no one else does.

"DIVERSITY" Hire..... that's all I am going to say.... and I will not reply to any further comments on it.

If I get banned.... I get banned....... if I do.... call it Cancel Culture!!!!!!!
OMG. You’re a complete idiot!

Sorry.... but it's got the best of me.... and I have the guts to say it.... if no one else does.

"DIVERSITY" Hire..... that's all I am going to say.... and I will not reply to any further comments on it.

If I get banned.... I get banned....... if I do.... call it Cancel Culture!!!!!!!

sigh

"cancel culture" is the lamest excuse. You sound like that twat Don Jr.

So, every POC who is hired is a product of affirmative action, is it?

A horribly cynical thing to say. I'm so sick of people assuming the worst and believing the most outlandish horseshit in this country. Such a drag. This malignant cynicism is going to kill our beloved country.

The first big test is the transfer portal. How many of the current guys leave the portal and come back. That will tell you what the kids think of the hire.

Great point, especially since many are justifying this hire by saying his NBA experience will be good for recruiting

I hope Woody brings in Knight occasionally to consult with and to observe practice now and then. If Knight is still lucid enough. Woody has a good relationship with one of the greatest coaches in college history and I'd expect him to take advantage of that.
Brings in Knight???? Did you not see him in his visit to Assembly Hall? Dude tried to fight Dick V. Didn’t look like he knew where he was. I think old age has sorrily taken its toll on B. Knight.

giphy.gif

Really bad hire by IU. Hiring a 63 year old career nba guy that has not recruited 1 day in his life and has zero connections with any AAU or high school coaches. Bad all around hire.
A disaster hire would’ve been the hot new coach or a Drew. If you think AAU and high school coaches in Indiana don’t know who Woodson is you are mistaken. Woodson is in no way shape or form a bad hire.

Brings in Knight???? Did you not see him in his visit to Assembly Hall? Dude tried to fight Dick V. Didn’t look like he knew where he was. I think old age has sorrily taken its toll on B. Knight.
I said when he was lucid. That happens with people in his condition.

Reactions: 76-1
A disaster hire would’ve been the hot new coach or a Drew. If you think AAU and high school coaches in Indiana don’t know who Woodson is you are mistaken. Woodson is in no way shape or form a bad hire.
I agree, he plus Matta for input, it's a F'n slam dunk, smash the backboard. Get good assistants and it it will only get better

Reactions: Sassy61
Totally disastrous hire.

Shoulda kept Archie
You have no clue what will happen, no ones does. From the sunshine pumpers to the chronically malcontent.

But to be disappointed that we hired Mike Woodson? You don't get Indiana basketball.

It may turn out to be a bad choice but as an IU fan I'm really happy for Mike Woodson. No way I could ever be disappointed.

Be assured he'll give it his best and appreciate he's going to try.

Lol this fanbase is unbelievable sometimes.

Hires an IU guy (former NBA head coach) who has coached the likes of Carmelo Anthony and others, hiring Thad Matta on as an assistant yet people still aren't happy.

Newsflash fellas, there ARE NO guarantees when hiring a coach. Archie had to go because he sucked. IU needed new blood and I'm glad they hired one of their own.

All in all I'm very happy for Woody and I know he'll coach/recruit his heart out to to bring Indiana back.

Dumb

Should’ve kept Crean at this point.
No, better yet, should’ve kept Knight. Of course, we all know that now, having learned our lesson. I hope Woodson, given his 63 years of age, possesses the necessary energy level required of the job...the enthusiasm to capture the attention of a high school star.

I agree, he plus Matta for input, it's a F'n slam dunk, smash the backboard. Get good assistants and it it will only get better

That's fan boy talk.

Woodson has a ton of work to do and a ton of skeptics to try and silence.

And a Herculean task ahead....

Reactions: JohnCoctostan
It's not like IU hired a coach from Southern Illinois. Like it's been said hire a couple good assistants to round out the staff. The fact that Woodson coached and played in the league is a positive. Indy high school coaches are happy with the hire.

I’ll write it here too, since critics have little basis for their negativity. Take a couple hours and listen the the Hoosier Hysterics podcast with Mike Woodson from a couple months ago. You will likely be quite optimistic afterwards.
They would have you optimistic if we hired pee wee Herman as coach

Not 1 person in national media has praised this hire. Sad but this will be another failure
They are all wanna be coaches, most failed coaches too. They all liked Archie, who cares what they think.

only thing that matters is results. Archie’s sucked donkeydong, this is much better than another second of him, I assure you.

Reactions: kmathum
Totally disastrous hire.

Shoulda kept Archie
Depends on his assistants. He is 63 and a stabilizing figure from a successful past. But. He knows nothing about 15 to 18 year old kids. That may not be bad. May force him to surround himself with young connected recruiters and coaches. IU needs someone who can stop the bleeding. He knows the game. Also has built great relationships with NBA players. He will fail if he tries to recruit and run personal himself. If he gets the best of the best up and coming young recruiters and coaches. Man that could be a great mix. His budget should be on paying great young coaches to join his staff. That's his first priority.

Reactions: FormerRevMatt
This malignant cynicism is going to kill our beloved country.
I said I wasn't going to reply to anyone on my post... but I can't let this one go.

No.... the Democrats are doing a pretty good job of it so far. That's not Cynicism... it's facts that you can see at our southern border and the dementia of the man city in the White House. He's not acting on my behalf.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT