ADVERTISEMENT

Mizzu Talks Breakdown

iubhounds

All-American
Feb 15, 2002
I'll say right up front, I don't know anything and I don't know anyone close to the program in any capacity.

TheLoboLair is tweeting that talks between Mizzou and Crean have broken down. NC State is now making a push to get Crean.

I'm just passing info. I know ... bomb me with HTF is @thelobolair ???

Reactions: tswafford1
I'll say right up front, I don't know anything and I don't know anyone close to the program in any capacity.

TheLoboLair is tweeting that talks between Mizzou and Crean have broken down. NC State is now making a push to get Crean.

I'm just passing info. I know ... bomb me with HTF is @thelobolair ???
Then it looks like Crean is going to Mizzou then!

Then it looks like Crean is going to Mizzou then!

We can only hope. I looked down through this guys account on Twitter and a few say that he is pretty accurate with his news. He also owns the UNM Lobos forum

Wrong tweets are easily deleted.

We shall see. There are many saying on the Mizzou board that Ed Cooley is now the next HC. I would think if CTC is going to be replaced that he will leave on his own or fired within the next few days BUT IU's replacement will not be hired/announced until near the Final 4 week.

We shall see. There are many saying on the Mizzou board that Ed Cooley is now the next HC. I would think if CTC is going to be replaced that he will leave on his own or fired within the next few days BUT IU's replacement will not be hired/announced until near the Final 4 week.
On the FREE tigerboard, one fool is saying Ed Cooley. That ain't happening.

I have no inside info, but I just don't see how it makes sense for Glass and IU to retain Crean. Where is the upside? If Crean goes, the fan base is, for the most part, happy unless he gets some scrub as coach. As for performance, how hard would it be for Crean's replacement to improve on it? Get beyond the sweet 16 once in 9 years? Make the NCAA tournament every year? Be better in the Big 10 than 6 other teams over a four year period?

On the other hand, keep Crean, watch how toxic next year will be, and then Glass can get his resume ready.

Glass would have to be a moron if he wants to keep Crean. We will see.

I have no inside info, but I just don't see how it makes sense for Glass and IU to retain Crean. Where is the upside? If Crean goes, the fan base is, for the most part, happy unless he gets some scrub as coach. As for performance, how hard would it be for Crean's replacement to improve on it? Get beyond the sweet 16 once in 9 years? Make the NCAA tournament every year? Be better in the Big 10 than 6 other teams over a four year period?

On the other hand, keep Crean, watch how toxic next year will be, and then Glass can get his resume ready.

Glass would have to be a moron if he wants to keep Crean. We will see.
I agree and an equally strange question is how does Tom want to stay. He won't get an extension, has an angry fan base, and a less than stellar recruiting class coming in but here we sit.

I agree and an equally strange question is how does Tom want to stay. He won't get an extension, has an angry fan base, and a less than stellar recruiting class coming in but here we sit.
How do you know he won't get an extension?All they have to do is reduce the amount of the buyout and give him a two year extension,that gives him the ability to still recruit.

Last edited:
Wouldn't surprise me. This is Fred we're talking about. He's both clueless and spineless. If we don't hear something by early Monday get very worried.
Clueless and spineless? Based on what? Because he doesn't run everything by you? Can we cool it with the hyperbole? Nothing has even been announced.

Fred Glass didn't even hire Crean, but apparently because he gave him an extension when things were looking up, he's become basically incapable of functioning in his daily life, according to this board.

Reactions: echs86 and cmsnow84
If he didn't get one after last year why would he now?
Agree. If FG felt Crean needed to prove something more after last year I can't imagine he can offer an extension now. I don't even think Crean would ask this year but both know the implications of him recruiting against programs that will say he is not likely to be at IU much longer.

Reactions: iubhounds
If he didn't get one after last year why would he now?
Because last year his head wasn't on the chopping block.
Just because you give an extension doesn't mean you are rewarding him.
You can offer him a smaller salary and buyout in lieu of firing him.
If he under performs next year you can fire him then with a smaller buyout.
Costs you one year but less money and as we all know everything is about the money.

Last edited:
Clueless and spineless? Based on what? Because he doesn't run everything by you? Can we cool it with the hyperbole? Nothing has even been announced.

Fred Glass didn't even hire Crean, but apparently because he gave him an extension when things were looking up, he's become basically incapable of functioning in his daily life, according to this board.

Things were only looking up for people who don't understand basketball...so people like Fred Glass and yourself. Anybody who understands basic basketball could see the flaws back then.

Just because YOU can't see it, doesn't mean others can't. Fred Glass is a screw up.

is the athletics dept. losing money overall?

are there any scandals that currently exist such as Baylor sexual assault claims?

Merely because an unpopular coach at IU still has his job does not mean that the AD is performing horribly.

Reactions: elliott311
is the athletics dept. losing money overall?

are there any scandals that currently exist such as Baylor sexual assault claims?

Merely because an unpopular coach at IU still has his job does not mean that the AD is performing horribly.

Maybe not horribly but weird that his flag ship sport doesn't make the tourney regularly. Not a good look. Agree?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT