ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota at Indiana

IU? I'm Fine

All-Big Ten
Jul 23, 2006
Minnesota might be able to surprise people...but won't. They are losing a lot. RPI is about 129. The good news about Minnesota is that...uhm...they can play a team close and are playing better lately. Can rebound some. Could be Pitino's last year...maybe.

Minnesota 68; Indiana 76

Minnesota might be able to surprise people...but won't. They are losing a lot. RPI is about 129. The good news about Minnesota is that...uhm...they can play a team close and are playing better lately. Can rebound some. Could be Pitino's last year...maybe.

Minnesota 68; Indiana 76
I dont see it being his last year even if they lose the rest of their games. I mean it's Minnesota. They had a good year last year and the wheels kind of fell off this year because of suspensions. Now if they find that little Ricky did something wrong then yes it will be. I predict about a 10-15 point game and if Indiana shoots a halfway decent percentage from the field then it could be a 20 plus blowout win.

Yeah the weren't a particularly deep team to start and have lost three starters, two were critical for them (Coffey and the Rapist).

IU wins by 8+

Big picture - It's the stretch run and IU needs to set itself up for the B1G tourney.

Good news is they won't be playing on day one barring a complete collapse. But they are currently in the 8 v 9 game meaning if they win they play the #1 seed the next day and that is probably the hot team going into the tourney. Getting to the 6 or 7 seed is preferable. They can do that but they can't drop a home game to Minny or Illinois, and they need to win some on the road.

IU wins by 8+

Big picture - It's the stretch run and IU needs to set itself up for the B1G tourney.

Good news is they won't be playing on day one barring a complete collapse. But they are currently in the 8 v 9 game meaning if they win they play the #1 seed the next day and that is probably the hot team going into the tourney. Getting to the 6 or 7 seed is preferable. They can do that but they can't drop a home game to Minny or Illinois, and they need to win some on the road.

I think Indiana is better off being in the top of the bracket. I think it's better to only to have to play 1 of the top 3 before the final than 2. They've played Purdue and MSU though, albeit at home, but I think they are in both of those games. I think without a 1 day rest after a rivalry game heading on the road to a team that just had 4 days to prepare, they can play with OSU as well. My thinking is take your best shot at upsetting on of those teams, and hopefully have enough left for the next game.

Reactions: HoosierAlice
If Coffey plays, does RJ cover him and DeVonte get Mason? Great matchups as will the Murphy/Morgan one be.

I dont see it being his last year even if they lose the rest of their games. I mean it's Minnesota. They had a good year last year and the wheels kind of fell off this year because of suspensions. Now if they find that little Ricky did something wrong then yes it will be. I predict about a 10-15 point game and if Indiana shoots a halfway decent percentage from the field then it could be a 20 plus blowout win.
Little Dick > Little Ricky

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT