ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Miller stepping down at Memphis...

MTBRider

Junior
Jun 20, 2003
Just saw Evan Daniels post on Twitter. Maybe the Mason Miller option isn't so far fetched after all?

Reactions: BigMobe
Just saw Evan Daniels post on Twitter. Maybe the Mason Miller option isn't so far fetched after all?
Watched some video on this kid. What's not to like?

Three point shooter, mid-range jumper, athletic around the basket, dunks with authority, and even plays some defense.

Hope CAM is interested in this young man.

why haven't we offered yet? waiting on Kaufman to decide or didn't think we had a chance since dad was on the Memphis staff?

So the dad is Mike Miller and the player is his son Mason.
We think he is going to Memphis because his dad is on the staff.
Now his dad is leaving so we think the son may de-commit.
Do I have the above correct?
1. Why is dad leaving?
2. Were we ever in the running for him?
3. Do we have a scholarship available?

1. Why is dad leaving?
Have you been under a rock? Yes we have plenty of scholarships. His Dad wants an NBA office job and/or is leaving for other unknown reasons. (Coming sanctions..etc). He has stated multiple times he does not want to coach his son. Mike is close to Tom Ostrom(supposedly). There is interest on both sides.

1. Why is dad leaving?
1. Don't know. His publicly stated reason is to spend time with his family.
2. Yes. From all accounts he is very high on IU.
3. Yes.

I would also point out that Mason isn't "de-committing" from Memphis. He never committed. That was a school that many thought he might end up at because of his dad but his dad basically said he'd rather Mason went elsewhere. With Mike Miller at Memphis IU had a good shot at landing Mason. With him no longer there I think the chances are even better.

Have you been under a rock? Yes we have plenty of scholarships. His Dad wants an NBA office job and/or is leaving for other unknown reasons. (Coming sanctions..etc). He has stated multiple times he does not want to coach his son. Mike is close to Tom Ostrom(supposedly). There is interest on both sides.
Now now. Be nice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT