ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Miller says only about 10k at the game

I can feel this movement gaining steam!

I had the IU Clown College vs. 6th Grade Blue team on in the background while I played board games with the kiddos......

Glanced at the TV when they were up 30 some late in the 2nd half and saw the clown about go into a clap orgasm when the 6th grade team called a timeout....trying to pump up the crowd. The muted response from the 7K or so left in the audience was telling.......and after this team gets it's ass handed to them by Duke, I believe this "movement" you speak of will gain insurmountable steam.

It's happening......

Were there boo birds at the Hall last night when our "leader" was introduced? Or just a polite golf clapping type of response?

I'm not buying in. Because God (who currently thinks he is Bob Knight) hates us, IU will beat Duke. Crean and Glass hug it out at mid court, Money commits seppuku, with Bloom as his attendant.

game-over-man-game-over.jpg

I'm not buying in. Because God (who currently thinks he is Bob Knight) hates us, IU will beat Duke. Crean and Glass hug it out at mid court, Money commits seppuku, with Bloom as his attendant.

game-over-man-game-over.jpg

The Duke game will be the final straw......I feel it in my bones.

Duke isn't very good. I won't be surprised if we win.

They don't have to be very good to win this one.

One of the good things about not watching IU hoops is that I'll be spared the braying jackass that is Dook Vitale.

No, they're not a typical Duke team in that they don't seem to have much outside shooting, but they have talent and a good coach and they'll try and execute a cohesive gameplan. Oh yeah, the game is also at Cameron. We were lost in Maui, and I'm not confident how our "young frontline" will hold up at Cameron. I think K will pound it inside and try to put Bryant on the bench with fouls. Too bad we don't have Stanford Robinson, we'll need someone to guard Plumlee then.

Reactions: IUecho87
What scares me is that we'll shoot 65% from 3 and win.

Maybe worse would be if we shoot 65% from 3 and lose...

The game will be competitive, but in the end IU will lose and it won't be in question.

The game will be competitive, but in the end IU will lose and it won't be in question.
Except for Plumlee and coaching, we match up well with them. Duke is having backcourt questions. Basically, until their frosh PG gets it, they don't have one.

They've currently got the most efficient offense in the country, and calling our defense dog***t is too polite. They're KenPom 10 point favorites (with an 81% chance of victory) for a reason.

Indiana could have a hot shooting night and win, but I really don't see it.

Except for Plumlee and coaching, we match up well with them. Duke is having backcourt questions. Basically, until their frosh PG gets it, they don't have one.

This will be the night that frosh PG has a career game......our defense will be his christmas gift.

I really don't think it will be close. If this team had that much trouble on a neutral court in Maui.....their first true away game is gonna be a massacre. Cameron will eat these guys alive.

#thegreatergood

So basically you're saying there's a 20% chance that Freddy gives the Clapper another huge extension after the game?

They've currently got the most efficient offense in the country, and calling our defense dog***t is too polite. They're KenPom 10 point favorites (with an 81% chance of victory) for a reason.

Indiana could have a hot shooting night and win, but I really don't see it.

Kenpom stats don't stabilize until mid January. It has projected stats that were input in the beginning of the season (just to have something) and are not totally connected. It takes awhile. Not arguing or criticizing, just sayin'.

Plus, from watching them, I don't think Duke is the most efficient offense, just as I don't believe our defense is in the 90's. Our projected preseason defense with no stats was in the 50's, which looks like it was too high. That was our starting point for efficiency numbers, and until the system gets enough data, it's basically going to be inaccurate for a bit. It gets closer every week with more data, but untill it's going on this years data only, I wouldn't pay much attention to it. ...

It's put us in the 90's in defensive efficiency, which I believe is about 100 spots too high, and that's not an exaggeration or hyperbole. You can always tell the week everything stabilizes because the rankings will be drastically re ordered. Sagarin becomes connected sometime in late Dec. He also uses projected stats in early season. Kenpom has stated mid January for his.

Kenpom stats don't stabilize until mid January. It has projected stats that were input in the beginning of the season (just to have something) and are not totally connected. It takes awhile. Not arguing or criticizing, just sayin'.

Plus, from watching them, I don't think Duke is the most efficient offense, just as I don't believe our defense is in the 90's. Our projected preseason defense with no stats was in the 50's, which looks like it was too high. That was our starting point for efficiency numbers, and until the system gets enough data, it's basically going to be inaccurate for a bit. It gets closer every week with more data, but untill it's going on this years data only, I wouldn't pay much attention to it. ...

It's put us in the 90's in defensive efficiency, which I believe is about 100 spots too high, and that's not an exaggeration or hyperbole. You can always tell the week everything stabilizes because the rankings will be drastically re ordered. Sagarin becomes connected sometime in late Dec. He also uses projected stats in early season. Kenpom has stated mid January for his.
I don't disagree - as you said, it's common knowledge that KenPom's totally funky for the first couple months. But I still think we have enough evidence (considering a wider margin of error) that there's a decent chance IU gets boat-raced tomorrow night. Anything can happen in one game, but considering Duke's ability to draw fouls in Cameron, IU's (lack of) post depth, and the disparity in coaching ability, it's hard to realistically feel good about the team's chances.

(On another note, you mention the defense, but our offense hasn't been as efficient as the numbers show so far, either. While they've put up points in bunches against the weak part of the schedule, It's been ugly, at times.)

Last edited:
What do you think Coach K said to his assistants after watching game film on IU?

He must be astonished at what he sees.

Reactions: IUecho87
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT