ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Durr

After watching PU a few wks ago, can’t recall which game, I told my sons and my IU hoops text group
“against these guys, Durr better be ready to go. We will need 20 minutes and 5 fouls vs their bigs.”
Glad to see he responded so well with 24 minutes and didn’t foul out. 4 points were gravy. Great off the bench by him, TG and certainly RP.

After watching PU a few wks ago, can’t recall which game, I told my sons and my IU hoops text group
“against these guys, Durr better be ready to go. We will need 20 minutes and 5 fouls vs their bigs.”
Glad to see he responded so well with 24 minutes and didn’t foul out. 4 points were gravy. Great off the bench by him, TG and certainly RP.
Those shots where jumpers too. That’s the kind of stuff woody wants.

In the second half I was hoping the coaches would match up Durr with Edey and TJD with Williams. Durr is a better matchup with Edey on the defensive end and on the offensive end. Edey was just sagging off both of them, but Durr is actually a threat to hit a 15-18 foot jumper. When TJD caught the ball in the high post, Edey just clogged the lane on defense. But TJD is considerably better than Williams on both ends of the court, and I think we could have used him even with foul trouble against Williams. Otherwise, we need to figure out some actions to get Edey defending the pick and roll (or dribble hand offs) when TJD is in.

In the second half I was hoping the coaches would match up Durr with Edey and TJD with Williams. Durr is a better matchup with Edey on the defensive end and on the offensive end. Edey was just sagging off both of them, but Durr is actually a threat to hit a 15-18 foot jumper. When TJD caught the ball in the high post, Edey just clogged the lane on defense. But TJD is considerably better than Williams on both ends of the court, and I think we could have used him even with foul trouble against Williams. Otherwise, we need to figure out some actions to get Edey defending the pick and roll (or dribble hand offs) when TJD is in.
Durr played both very well. Kept them out further from the paint. Edey is not comfortable dribbling that far out. Williams was flat neutralized. Good sign for us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT