ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Block.

Tried watching, but I can't root for Koepka, just seems like a douche. The only time I found myself liking him at all was when someone asked him about being a Dad and he actually seemed to light up and appear enthusiastic.

Tried watching, but I can't root for Koepka, just seems like a douche. The only time I found myself liking him at all was when someone asked him about being a Dad and he actually seemed to light up and appear enthusiastic.
The best thing about Koepka was the beef with DeChambeau and vice versa.

Reactions: kkott
The best thing about Koepka was the beef with DeChambeau and vice versa.
It's good to have rivalries, but for me that really flipped my opinion of both. Originally I didn't really like BD, but I think he's off-putting just because he's smart, super into his craft and a bit of a nerd. Koepka seemed like a "good dude". But then he's just kept going down the road past being a "dude" to that other 4 letter D word. BD to me has seemed less annoying over time. I also don't blame them, but I hate the LIV thing. I want to turn on the tube and see the best in the world every Sunday and it's definitely siphoned off talent and star power, and pitted guys against their fellow pros. Just too bad the PGA couldn't have gotten it figured out beforehand. Ultimately I think LIV will fail just because of the monstrous overhead and payouts and their ratings I would assume stink. I'm watching less golf overall (and I would guess so is the rest of the world) so it seems to me to be the worst time to be diluting the product.

It's good to have rivalries, but for me that really flipped my opinion of both. Originally I didn't really like BD, but I think he's off-putting just because he's smart, super into his craft and a bit of a nerd. Koepka seemed like a "good dude". But then he's just kept going down the road past being a "dude" to that other 4 letter D word. BD to me has seemed less annoying over time. I also don't blame them, but I hate the LIV thing. I want to turn on the tube and see the best in the world every Sunday and it's definitely siphoned off talent and star power, and pitted guys against their fellow pros. Just too bad the PGA couldn't have gotten it figured out beforehand. Ultimately I think LIV will fail just because of the monstrous overhead and payouts and their ratings I would assume stink. I'm watching less golf overall (and I would guess so is the rest of the world) so it seems to me to be the worst time to be diluting the product.
It was a money grab. Thats all there is to it. People say “well, they’re trying to reform the PGA tour”. No, they made up their minds as soon as they got done counting the zeros on the check.

It sucks for guys like Westwood and Poulter because they never won any majors. Their entire legacy was basically the Ryder cup and now they’ve lost that. They essentially sold it for whatever the Saudis paid them.

I don’t really even hold it against them. I’m not sure what I would have done.

But they decided they wanted to be really really really rich instead of just really really rich, knowing the risks involved, and so far it hasn’t gone well.

It was a money grab. Thats all there is to it. People say “well, they’re trying to reform the PGA tour”. No, they made up their minds as soon as they got done counting the zeros on the check.

It sucks for guys like Westwood and Poulter because they never won any majors. Their entire legacy was basically the Ryder cup and now they’ve lost that. They essentially sold it for whatever the Saudis paid them.

I don’t really even hold it against them. I’m not sure what I would have done.

But they decided they wanted to be really really really rich instead of just really really rich, knowing the risks involved, and so far it hasn’t gone well.
why hasn't it gone well?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT