ADVERTISEMENT

Mental Health...

kkott

Hall of Famer
Oct 26, 2001
Man, do I feel fortunate I don't feel like I've had to struggle with mental health. I've had several instances recently where I see the calamity the human brain can be, and feel very fortunate to have my faculties mostly together. I know there are some on here who have struggled with mental health directly, or within their families or friends, and it literally can be a killer. If you are whole, or mostly whole, count your blessings! That's what I'm trying to do with this post!

5c51f84e52414726634d8724

Man, do I feel fortunate I don't feel like I've had to struggle with mental health. I've had several instances recently where I see the calamity the human brain can be, and feel very fortunate to have my faculties mostly together. I know there are some on here who have struggled with mental health directly, or within their families or friends, and it literally can be a killer. If you are whole, or mostly whole, count your blessings! That's what I'm trying to do with this post!

5c51f84e52414726634d8724

So true buddy, whatever our individual struggles are, and we all have them, you never have to look to far to find someone else whose struggles dwarf your own.

I complained I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet.......or something.
well, and to AOTF it: I complained I had a little pecker, until I met a man...

and, then to 2022 it: but he identifies as a woman and we call her Alice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spartans9312

5c51f84e52414726634d8724
Your heart is huge.

5c51f84e52414726634d8724
Most of my sorrow in life has had to do with my children. If they aren't doing well it just crushes me. My youngest grandson had to have brain surgery at six months old because he was born with hemamegalecephay (sp?) We didn't know if he would live or die. He is partially paralyzed on his left side so he will have to work a lot harder to walk and do things someday.

• Sad
Reactions: 76-1
Shit, I just reached out to an old therapist of mine. He’s now charging $225 per session and is out of network with most insurance. Plus he’s primarily meeting via telemedicine. Shit these people are in serious demand and get to go to work in their pajamas.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Shit, I just reached out to an old therapist of mine. He’s now charging $225 per session and is out of network with most insurance. Plus he’s primarily meeting via telemedicine. Shit these people are in serious demand and get to go to work in their pajamas.

You're in luck! I'm branching out from the cabinet business. I only charge $150 per session - $200 if I have to listen to the subject's incessant whining. Have your people call my people to set something up.

It's great to hear your positive outlook and gratitude for your mental well-being. Acknowledging our blessings is indeed important, especially when we consider the challenges that many face with mental health. Even though you haven't struggled directly, your empathy towards those who have is admirable. Mental health struggles can be overwhelming, impacting individuals and their loved ones.

If anyone reading this is dealing with anxiety or knows someone who is, there are resources available like this anxiety hotline. They offer support, understanding, and guidance. Remember, seeking help when needed is a sign of strength. Let's continue to promote awareness and compassion around mental health challenges.

All therapists really need to do is have their clients see a reassuring nod from you every now and then when listening to their problems. Clients on the couch don’t realize that scratch pad and pencil in your hand is for just for that, chicken scratches, if not your grocery list.

My son-in-law just received his master’s degree in counseling. I think access to internet communication, ie social media, has created opportunity for more stress in the average citizen’s daily life. He’ll have lots of business opportunities from which to pick and choose.

Most of my sorrow in life has had to do with my children. If they aren't doing well it just crushes me. My youngest grandson had to have brain surgery at six months old because he was born with hemamegalecephay (sp?) We didn't know if he would live or die. He is partially paralyzed on his left side so he will have to work a lot harder to walk and do things someday.
Sorry to hear that... Nothing sadder than when that sort of thing happens to a child... Prayers headed your way (for his future)...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT