ADVERTISEMENT

Mellencamp

Well, at least you are going after him for something he actually said....something the OP can't claim.
lmao If that's not the pot calling the kettle black, after you constantly claim Trump says things he never said.

Still out there squeezing money out of Jack and Diane. Damn. That’s the ticket. I could write a three minute song. Could probably sing it too
ySsvUrQC7NwusyQodxzbJn-1200-80.jpg

Also, never forget proper risk management can save you millions......**cough**.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
I know a lot of people in town who have had dealings with Mellencamp, none of them like him. But we need proof. I posted several sites saying it was a story about his grandmother. Go to the 1 minute mark below and watch it. See if he is talking about Biden.

It's amazing. An hour after you first published this clip, NANC is still making multiple posts, ignoring facts and carrying on with the Party line that Mellencamp cancelled due to TDS...

Some people seem to suffer from ATF...

Aversion to Facts...

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Show me where he didn't. He talks politics all the time.
If an idiot like you knows he "talks politics all the time" what does that say about people who would pay to see a show and then complain if he talked politics?

I guess the glass half entry version for you is knowing you're not the dimmest bulb in Trump world...

I agree that politics don't need to be mentioned in the middle of a concert if that happened but that snippet didn't include whatever got the crowd riled up so not exactly proof.

I would bet those same people would probably be hooping and hollering, ripping off their shirts and asking him to sign their man-boobs if he had been praising trump.

Did you have an issue with this?
At this point you know what you're going to get with Ted Nugent. He's playing to the MAGA / conservative crowd alone these days. Mellencamp still has fans of his music across the political spectrum. I've been to one of his concerts, and it was great, but that was before he got overtly political. I'm going to see Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band Sunday. Of course, he's a lefty, but he doesn't get political with his banter in concert. He lets his songs do that. As I've said before, if I didn't go to concerts or watch movies because I disagreed with the political views of the artists, I wouldn't go to many concerts or watch many movies.

At this point you know what you're going to get with Ted Nugent. He's playing to the MAGA / conservative crowd alone these days. Mellencamp still has fans of his music across the political spectrum. I've been to one of his concerts, and it was great, but that was before he got overtly political. I'm going to see Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band Sunday. Of course, he's a lefty, but he doesn't get political with his banter in concert. He lets his songs do that. As I've said before, if I didn't go to concerts or watch movies because I disagreed with the political views of the artists, I wouldn't go to many concerts or watch many movies.
I’m a conservative and I wouldn’t pay a dime to go to a Ted show. I don’t want to hear his bullshit.

I have never gotten that. I'd go see a Clint Eastwood movie tomorrow, I don't care what his politics is. If John Wayne were alive in his prime, I'd go see a Wayne Western. And yes, I've had friends split over politics. It is crazy.

But celebrities shouldn't push their politics in an event unless it is what they are known for (Maher for example). But the truth is an Eastwood movie will probably have a conservative spin. A Martin Sheen movie will probably have a more liberal spin.
Meh. I'm more of the "if you don't like the show, don't buy the ticket next time" school. I think the "shut up and dribble" line of thinking is small and weak.

Reactions: zeke4ahs and larsIU
Clicked in wondering why another facilities upgrade thread.

This just in, Mellencamp has always been left? Hot news, the sky is blue. Doesn't effect his music, and his music doesn't affect anybody's politics.

As I've said before, if I didn't go to concerts or watch movies because I disagreed with the political views of the artists, I wouldn't go to many concerts or watch many movies.

Correct, considering a vast majority of musical creative artists are liberal/progressive.

God bless the liberals, right? Imagine the horrid crap you would have to listen to if we didn't exist.

Correct, considering a vast majority of musical creative artists are liberal/progressive.

God bless the liberals, right? Imagine the horrid crap you would have to listen to if we didn't exist.
Square dancing would still be a thing :)

Meh. I'm more of the "if you don't like the show, don't buy the ticket next time" school. I think the "shut up and dribble" line of thinking is small and weak.

I don't care what they do on their personal time, I've always admired Sheen's efforts at being involved. I don't care that Eastwood did the empty chair thing at the GOP Convention, though it was stupid.

If I had seen George Carlin I would have expected politics and it wouldn't bother me, he often hit upon events. But when I saw Bob Newhart, if he had gone onto a political rant then I wouldn't have been happy, largely speaking I was expecting escapism. So there is a shut up and dribble moment in the moment. I don't care what politics he has, or how they express it off stage.

the "shut up and dribble" line of thinking is small and weak.
disagree. they have outsized reach and influence often without an ounce of relevant education/experience. ronaldo can reach 600 million plus people at any moment. that can shape things with millions of impressionable folks. again i don't think it's small and weak. i think it's a bad thing, but what can you do. ronaldo has a right to his opinion and it isn't his fault he has the most followers in the world. this on top of what marv notes above re escapism etc

Reactions: DANC
Square dancing would still be a thing :)
Speaking of which: On a slight tangent to this thread....

When did they stop teaching square dancing in school? I remember having to do it a couple of times in late grade school / early middle school (Ohio). My wife had it too around the same time (Indiana).

I know for a fact that my kids did not though (and just trying to explain the concept to them yielded a mixture of both confusion and disbelief).

So when did square dancing get removed from the curriculum? Early 2000's?

He's always been a hubristic, self absorbed punk.
He’s got some good in him though. He’s been a big supporter of farmers and Farm Aid. But did you make it to his son’s art gallery? I actually peeked in the windows.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Seems counter productive to give up a celebrity you enjoy because of politics.

Also seems counter productive for a celebrity to lose fans by engaging in politics.

Would you drop a good friend over politics ? Is politics really all that important ?
Where Trump is involved, yes. I would. It’s more than politics, it’s my values.

Reactions: IU_Hickory

When did they stop teaching square dancing in school? I remember having to do it a couple of times in late grade school / early middle school (Ohio). My wife had it too around the same time (Indiana).

I know for a fact that my kids did not though (and just trying to explain the concept to them yielded a mixture of both confusion and disbelief).

I'm in the same boat. I did square dancing in grade school but kids didn't. I would guess it stopped in the 90s but i don't know.

Me too. Everyone has the right to express their opinion. If you are on the audience, you are free to boo, leave, or never go again. On either side ….

And movies? And books? And art?

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and T.M.P.

I loved square dancing! It was when we all first became interested in boys. I’d count ahead to see if I was going to get to dance with the guys I liked. Seventh grade I think. My parents square dance with a big group….fancy outfits and all.

I loved square dancing! It was when we all first became interested in boys. I’d count ahead to see if I was going to get to dance with the guys I liked. Seventh grade I think. My parents square dance with a big group….fancy outfits and all.
cheater gaming the system lol

First there was square dancing and then came line dancing.

Had a good time at the Wild Horse Saloon in Nashville, Tennessee watching the serious line dancers several years ago. Never took the time to learn all the steps required.

Are square and line dancing still as popular as they once were ?

Last edited:
And movies? And books? And art?
Seems the creative gene is generally liberal inclined... or maybe conservatives just lack imagination. lol

Liberals rule music, art, film .. Books are probably 50/50?

Reminds me of this ..

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Reactions: OpenWheels
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT