ADVERTISEMENT

Media: GSU at IU

This is a BIG game for the Georgia Southern Coaching staff. If their Head Coach doesn't pull off a major upset (at our expense) he's most likely gone before the season ends (although I thought I read somewhere that his buyout drops dramatically if they keep him for three years [could be mixing him up with someone else though]).

The Georgia Southern natives are restless and they are used to winning at a 67% clip, so If Tyson Summers finds himself returning to campus with a 5-10 record (after losing to us) it would mostly likely not be a positive when it comes to retention considerations.

The above is why I think we'll get their best game they'll play all year... Here's hoping we're better than their best...

Last edited:
This is a BIG game for the Georgia Southern Coaching staff. If their Head Coach doesn't pull off a major upset (at our expense) he's most likely gone before the season ends (although I thought I read somewhere that his buyout drops dramatically if they keep him for three years [could be mixing him up with someone else though]).

The Georgia Southern natives are restless and they are used to winning at a 67% clip, so If Tyson Summers finds himself returning to campus with a 5-10 record (after losing to us) it would mostly likely not be a positive when it comes to retention considerations.

The above is why I think we'll get their best game they'll play all year... Here's hoping we're better than they're best...
It's a tough occupation with high turnover and, for most, not much in the way of job security. There are other guys (Kevin Sumlin, Mike Riley, etc.) with higher profiles and hotter seats than Summers.

Sure, it's an important game for Georgia Southern. Summers wants to win, but I'd venture to guess that Allen wants it just as badly. A loss to the weakest FBS opponent on our schedule, in Bloomington, would seriously undermine the "breakthrough" narrative and make bowl eligibility a long shot. In my view, this is as big (or bigger) a game for us as it is for them, and one that we will win - - by a couple of touchdowns.

agree w bowlmania
We will not be flat. We'll be flying around. Huge game for us to follow a very nice Virginia road win. Last time we visited UVA we got our ass beat. They also followed our game w nice win. We need to get some line play. Got to run ball.
Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: Bowlmania and 76-1
I can't imagine any issues with preparation or being flat. All of us should be chomping at the bit to get to the tailgates and get on the field. See you out there.

Reactions: Bowlmania and 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT