ADVERTISEMENT

Mayorkas Impeached

Not every day a cabinet secretary is impeached, where is the hullabaloo? Pretty damning stuff. Shame on Alejandro. Shame.

not impeachable offense. waste of time. but another cabinet member from biden who is totally worthless. the article on the border posted by hooky on how biden's admin f'd the border up is pretty damning. essentially anything biden touches will end up a disaster. the country will pay the price of biden's first year in office for years to come. it's a lesson on both biden and progressives. fire them all. from biden to harris to stay at home pete to mayorkas to the squad and squad politics

Waste of time. Even if he was removed what would the Dems do. Replace him with a furry?
Not a waste of time. Democrats made very clear that impeachment is not and should not be contingent on criminality. So when some like Mayorkas is completely derelict in their duty, that is now grounds for impeachment. This serves to solidify that standard.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Nope it’s not. Republicans are deeply regretting the fact that they didn’t get rid of Trump when they could have and should have.
What's the standard then Zeke? Whether you support the person being impeached or not? Give me more than your usual inane conjecture. Do the work. Try to be an adult

Not every day a cabinet secretary is impeached, where is the hullabaloo? Pretty damning stuff. Shame on Alejandro. Shame.

There's already a whole thread on this. Don't people at least do a rudimentary check for ongoing current threads before starting a new one?

Curious what "high crime/misdemeanor" you and the single GOP majority vote members are going to accuse him of? The MAGA/Trump rejection of the Border security bill proved to be a huge negative for independents in the NY 03 special election last night. For some reason MAGA impeaching Mayorkis didn't seem to resonate (positively) with voters in a district that just two years ago elected Santos by 8 pts. The polls showed a tight race and Suozzi won by 8+ points by hitting his opponent on abortion and the House rejection of the border security bill...

There's already a whole thread on this. Don't people at least do a rudimentary check for ongoing current threads before starting a new one?

Curious what "high crime/misdemeanor" you and the single GOP majority vote members are going to accuse him of? The MAGA/Trump rejection of the Border security bill proved to be a huge negative for independents in the NY 03 special election last night. For some reason MAGA impeaching Mayorkis didn't seem to resonate (positively) with voters in a district that just two years ago elected Santos by 8 pts. The polls showed a tight race and Suozzi won by 8+ points by hitting his opponent on abortion and the House rejection of the border security bill...
Evidences their stupidity as voters. Nothing else. Seems to be a pattern for New Yorkers

Not a waste of time. Democrats made very clear that impeachment is not and should not be contingent on criminality. So when some like Mayorkas is completely derelict in their duty, that is now grounds for impeachment. This serves to solidify that standard.
What rock did you crawl out from under? You have to be a reincarnation.

Reactions: Palmbeachhoosier
Did you actually read this?

It doesn't remotely match your clear cut blame anything on Biden regurgitated positions.
LOL Which parts? The executive orders undoing trump’s border restrictions before biden had a team in place? The internal turmoil that led to contradictory actions? The passing of the buck and blame? Hence the the title How Biden Botched Border? The story provides context for the awful results. Just one more fail for this admin.

What's the standard then Zeke? Whether you support the person being impeached or not? Give me more than your usual inane conjecture. Do the work. Try to be an adult
Farva asking me to be an adult. That’s rich. High crimes ….like supporting an insurrection in order to stay in office. Like trying to bribe a leader in order to get money that Congress has already allocated for their country. Things like that…

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
LOL Which parts? The executive orders undoing trump’s border restrictions before biden had a team in place? The internal turmoil that led to contradictory actions? The passing of the buck and blame? Hence the the title How Biden Botched Border? The story provides context for the awful results. Just one more fail for this admin.
Keep reading. You're cherry picking. It's your skill.

So Mayorkas doing the exact same thing on the border as was done under Trump is an impeachable offense?

Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by Minions

Trump was impeached for inciting an insurrection and obstruction of congress/abuse of power. Hardly the same thing.

Farva asking me to be an adult. That’s rich. High crimes ….like supporting an insurrection in order to stay in office. Like trying to bribe a leader in order to get money that Congress has already allocated for their country. Things like that…
He probably doesn't understand what quid pro quo means

Yet he was never charged with bribery or inciting an insurrection. Such criminality was not even alleged in either of the impeachments.

So you’re lying. You’re a liar. What a shitty thing to do.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Yet he was never charged with bribery or inciting an insurrection. Such criminality was not even alleged in either of the impeachments.

We’ve gone over this multiple times, ignoring it, then calling names. What a Farva thing to do. Grow up.

The first impeachment Trump was charged with abuse of power and obstruction of Congress. The second impeachment he was charged with incitement insurrection. Those are the actual formal charges. You owe an apology for your "lying and liar accusations.

not impeachable offense. waste of time. but another cabinet member from biden who is totally worthless. the article on the border posted by hooky on how biden's admin f'd the border up is pretty damning. essentially anything biden touches will end up a disaster. the country will pay the price of biden's first year in office for years to come. it's a lesson on both biden and progressives. fire them all. from biden to harris to stay at home pete to mayorkas to the squad and squad politics
Ridiculous waste of time. Watch the tit for tat waste of time politics to continue while nothing worthwhile ever gets done.

Ridiculous waste of time. Watch the tit for tat waste of time politics to continue while nothing worthwhile ever gets done.
Of course this impeachment is not going anywhere. That said, Mayorkas should leave office in disgrace. I can’t think of another cabinet official who was more ideological in job duties or more conspicuous in a disregard if the laws of the United States. Mayorkas is not only in charge of the border but in charge of all internal security of the United States. His office is a result of 9-11 and is a specific law enforcement position. He has turned it into an administration. political tool to the clear detriment of public safety. If we had an objective and competent government impeachment would be a slam dunk.

Of course this impeachment is not going anywhere. That said, Mayorkas should leave office in disgrace. I can’t think of another cabinet official who was more ideological in job duties or more conspicuous in a disregard if the laws of the United States. Mayorkas is not only in charge of the border but in charge of all internal security of the United States. His office is a result of 9-11 and is a specific law enforcement position. He has turned it into an administration. political tool to the clear detriment of public safety. If we had an objective and competent government impeachment would be a slam dunk.
So why are you holding him to a higher standard than trump administration? He isn't doing anything different and in fact has apprehended even more people.

If gop really cared about the border then they would have passed the bill. It is nothing but political theatre.

So why are you holding him to a higher standard than trump administration? He isn't doing anything different and in fact has apprehended even more people.

If gop really cared about the border then they would have passed the bill. It is nothing but political theatre.
there's an entire thread on the border. brad posted a very detailed article on the steps biden took when he got into office that exacerbated the border issues. did you read it? he took a problem, made it exponentially worse, and did nohting about it for three years but demonstrate internal strife evidencing more poor leadership. this isn't a republican issue. it's yet again a dem f up

there's an entire thread on the border. brad posted a very detailed article on the steps biden took when he got into office that exacerbated the border issues. did you read it? he took a problem, made it exponentially worse, and did nohting about it for three years but demonstrate internal strife evidencing more poor leadership. this isn't a republican issue. it's yet again a dem f up
Doesn't matter. None of this is an impeachable offense, as you've already pointed out. Cheap politics is all this is.

If we had an objective and competent government impeachment would be a slam dunk
Yes … (Ideological) partisan politics have made impeachment all the more difficult … as partisanship trumps objectivity, and reasonable men aren’t permitted to be objective … even with provable (objective) facts. Shumer won’t hold a vote, I expect.

Do you honestly think that any policy or action that he administered was his? OR is he another with one foot out of the DC door that simply did what he was told and the handlers knew he was tow their line? I personally think he's a sardine, that sharks had him only because they know he's slow as weak.
Not that I support him, I just won't give him the credit for being anymore than easy prey.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Do you honestly think that any policy or action that he administered was his? OR is he another with one foot out of the DC door that simply did what he was told and the handlers knew he was tow their line? I personally think he's a sardine, that sharks had him only because they know he's slow as weak.
Not that I support him, I just won't give him the credit for being anymore than easy prey.
I think he was part of the cabal that was dedicated to opening the border, neutering the border patrol and ICE, and blaming congress for inaction.

Insurrection?

Shumer won’t hold a vote, I expect.

From my reading, it appears that the Senate is obligated to at least go through the preliminary motions, but that a motion to dismiss could be brought up very early in the process. That would allow the Dems to kill it without taking up a bunch of time and allowing the House managers an opportunity to spew their nonsense.

Do you really want to have impeachment proceedings for ideological differences?

Or "conspicuous in a disregard if [sic] the laws of the United States"? (I tried to make sense out of your nonsensical pronouncement. Maybe without success.) Where do you draw the line between conspicuous and unconspicuous? What difference does that make?

Where do you get the "conspicuousness" standard?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT