ADVERTISEMENT

Marv

I’m flipping through my daughter’s yearbook. I shit you not there is an entire page devoted to the Dungeons & Dragons Club!!!
I bet even girls are in the club. Things have changed so much. Gaming in general, D&D specifically, were geek only in my youth. Heck, at least one friend in high school wasn't supposed to play because it was satanism.

Now "normal" people play.

I bet even girls are in the club. Things have changed so much. Gaming in general, D&D specifically, were geek only in my youth. Heck, at least one friend in high school wasn't supposed to play because it was satanism.

Now "normal" people play.
You can throw a little "normies" at it, Marv. D&D is an all-genders play these days.

I'd argue it was Big Bang Theory that did that and Stranger Things took it forward from there.

Regardless, it is associated with nerdism. As tech took off in the 90s into the early 2000s, nerdism went mainstream.
Nope, it was the LoTR movies, and anime.

I hung out with the smokers, athletes and nerds. Enjoyed all of the groups. I don’t really know why, but that’s what I did.
Same here. 3 varsity sports, student govt, FFA officer, etc... Have been in tech sales field for over 30 yrs.

I know I'm a mix of both, although the ratio has quickly accelerated away from the athlete end of the spectrum.

Same here. 3 varsity sports, student govt, FFA officer, etc... Have been in tech sales field for over 30 yrs.

I know I'm a mix of both, although the ratio has quickly accelerated away from the athlete end of the spectrum.
I think it was helpful in my career. All leadership and management. Some things just come naturally, I think.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I think it was helpful in my career. All leadership and management. Some things just come naturally, I think.
I think if you can relate to people, carry yourself with some confidence, look people in the eye and manage at least a small smile, regardless of the situation, that will take a young person a long way in life as long they keep doing it every day.

I think if you can relate to people, carry yourself with some confidence, look people in the eye and manage at least a small smile, regardless of the situation, that will take a young person a long way in life as long they keep doing it every day.
Yep. That's part of Leadership 101.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT