ADVERTISEMENT

Marijuana NCAA

Cavanagh

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2012

Move in the right direction. Should be encouraged over pills for athletes. Tons of NBA players current and former are advocating and telling their stories on the benefits. Prescribed pills are so much worse than weed for pain, coping, etc. Glad the world is finally seeing that giving out these manufactured pills like skittles is not the play. Weed is a plant, weed can be very beneficial.

71db2274c8b4995b2c31add18ec53853.jpg

What are the odds weed ever gets legalized in Indiana? You can't even get a medicinal card right?

Reactions: mk24

Move in the right direction. Should be encouraged over pills for athletes. Tons of NBA players current and former are advocating and telling their stories on the benefits. Prescribed pills are so much worse than weed for pain, coping, etc. Glad the world is finally seeing that giving out these manufactured pills like skittles is not the play. Weed is a plant, weed can be very beneficial.
I think marijuana plant. "roadside weed," will eventually be revered the same as orchids are today. Cannabis sativa in the form of edibles is making this drug much more acceptable to the general population. I take pause every time my 84 year old mentor refers to it as his "mental medicine" in pipe form. In a touch felt with irony, I think someday it will be available in pill form, much like M&M's, having the same effect on people as a double dose of caffeine in morning coffee. In the meantime, just a tiny dollop of canna-butter in the cup is the best part of waking up, it's sometimes said.

Speaking of "up", IU basketball is suddenly looking up. I like this team, more than I've liked other teams of recent era, but a few. The change is subtle at first, creeping up on you, never soon enough. You almost forget about it until suddenly it hits you with a blast and a great big smile graces your face in walk of step, higher now in bounce. Mike Woodson may drive us crazy at times ("Call a timeout like the announcer just said, Dag Nabbit!" ) but I think we're starting to see a change. He's one of us and he's getting it better every day.

The chrysalis is morphing in a beautiful way, this month last in day, my favorite one of February. Now watch the butterfly take flight wing, off to play this day, off to song in sing!

What are the odds weed ever gets legalized in Indiana? You can't even get a medicinal card right?
They haven’t even been able to get a medical bill out of committee, let alone up for a vote on the floor

They haven’t even been able to get a medical bill out of committee, let alone up for a vote on the floor
So dumb. It's completely legal in Illinois and Michigan so they're not stopping anyone.

Genesis 1:29 - And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Reactions: bub-rub and mk24

Finally. Something we agree on. 👍

Reactions: kkott and Lucy01
Yeah, I don't trust any of those "synthetics". I know way too many folks who have had bad reactions, and it seems totally unregulated.

i think Genesis speaks for itself. it doesn't say "god gave you poison to sell out of novelty stores and gas stations".

shit's garbage.

Reactions: brebelle3
Poppies are also a God given plant... I think weed should be legal because I lean libertarian on most issues. Do I recommend smoking or eating week? No... Anything that causes mind alteration f---s with brain cells. I think everybody should have the right to f---k with their own brains as they see fit but can't say it's a move in the right direction for athletes. Pain pills, nerve pills, booze, weed... they're all bad. Says I as a poor my jigger of Jack ;)

*Cannabis

Genesis 1:29 - And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
I've had this recipe, it's called "Holy Shit" and is powerful AF both as a topical for muscle pain, and recreational as an ingredient in edibles..

Sweet cane is reputed to be Cannabis.

2 Then the LORD said to Moses, 23 "Take the following fine spices: 500 shekels of liquid myrrh, half as much (that is, 250 shekels) of fragrant cinnamon, 250 shekels of fragrant cane, 24 500 shekels of cassia - all according to the sanctuary shekel - and a hin of olive oil. 25 Make these into a sacred anointing oil, a fragrant blend, the work of a perfumer. It will be the sacred anointing oil. . . .

when i was in college at IU it was pretty much a given among young people that MJ would soon be legal everywhere, as having it be illegal was beyond insane in the first place.

that was over 50 yrs ago.

reefer madness is still alive and thriving in the NCAA, as well as Taliban controlled states like Indiana, who's legislaures and legislators and administrators are addicted to alcohol and pills..

95,000 alcohol related deaths per yr in the US alone.

zero MJ related deaths.

good to see colleges and the state of Indiana have the public's best interests at heart, and not the alcohol and pharma industries.

NOT!

that states and schools continue to push students and adults alike towards alcohol and hard drugs, and away from MJ, which is literally safer than caffeine or aspirin, is not only beyond insane, but literally leadership malfeasance.

not only should MJ be legal everywhere, but govt, colleges, public health, should be doing all they can to move people toward MJ, and away from alcohol and all other hard drugs.

and yet they aren't, and continue to do all they can to move everyone away from the safe, non offensive to society drug, and towards the harmful, both to self and society, ones.

Indiana, "the pay to play state", is still waiting for the MJ lobby to fork up enough money to Pub lawmakers to make them all rich.

it's all about the money to Ind Pub legislators, and their lock on the state is so strong they don't even try to hide that reality.

wtf is keeping universities and the NCAA from going the obviously sane route, who knows.

that said, what no one ever mentions when discussing all things IU or NCAA, is that virtually all the nations public state schools are all controlled out of the governors' mansions, as the governors personally appoint a majority of the BOTs for virtually all public universities.

thus the NCAA is controlled out of the governors' mansions.

schools all have trustee elections for public show, to make it seem things are not as they are.

but reality is, the governors always appoint the majority of the boards.

I've had this recipe, it's called "Holy Shit" and is powerful AF both as a topical for muscle pain, and recreational as an ingredient in edibles..

Sweet cane is reputed to be Cannabis.

2 Then the LORD said to Moses, 23 "Take the following fine spices: 500 shekels of liquid myrrh, half as much (that is, 250 shekels) of fragrant cinnamon, 250 shekels of fragrant cane, 24 500 shekels of cassia - all according to the sanctuary shekel - and a hin of olive oil. 25 Make these into a sacred anointing oil, a fragrant blend, the work of a perfumer. It will be the sacred anointing oil. . . .
Dumb

I think marijuana plant. "roadside weed," will eventually be revered the same as orchids are today. Cannabis sativa in the form of edibles is making this drug much more acceptable to the general population. I take pause every time my 84 year old mentor refers to it as his "mental medicine" in pipe form. In a touch felt with irony, I think someday it will be available in pill form, much like M&M's, having the same effect on people as a double dose of caffeine in morning coffee. In the meantime, just a tiny dollop of canna-butter in the cup is the best part of waking up, it's sometimes said.

Speaking of "up", IU basketball is suddenly looking up. I like this team, more than I've liked other teams of recent era, but a few. The change is subtle at first, creeping up on you, never soon enough. You almost forget about it until suddenly it hits you with a blast and a great big smile graces your face in walk of step, higher now in bounce. Mike Woodson may drive us crazy at times ("Call a timeout like the announcer just said, Dag Nabbit!" ) but I think we're starting to see a change. He's one of us and he's getting it better every day.

The chrysalis is morphing in a beautiful way, this month last in day, my favorite one of February. Now watch the butterfly take flight wing, off to play this day, off to song in sing!
Only 7 states have not granted any form of legalization whether it b medicinal or otherwise. And yes u guessed itIndiana is one. Matter of fact 4 of the 7 r southern states plus Indiana. So yes conservative states. And let’s b honest. Guarantee that many in those state legislatures have used it in their lifetimes. I personally know judicial and law enforcement personnel that have some pretty incredible usage in their past. Of course the electorate doesn’t know about their pasts. Additionally, US just set another record for drug overdose deaths. Over 100,000 annually. I’ve never heard of a pot od.

Reactions: i'vegotwinners
Only 7 states have not granted any form of legalization whether it b medicinal or otherwise. And yes u guessed itIndiana is one. Matter of fact 4 of the 7 r southern states plus Indiana. So yes conservative states. And let’s b honest. Guarantee that many in those state legislatures have used it in their lifetimes. I personally know judicial and law enforcement personnel that have some pretty incredible usage in their past. Of course the electorate doesn’t know about their pasts. Additionally, US just set another record for drug overdose deaths. Over 100,000 annually. I’ve never heard of a pot od.
Quit posting!

Weed somewhat saved my life, I still drink wine a little, but mostly to go to sleep. My bank account has about doubled in the months I cut back, and so big deal, I gotta go to IL every few months. They're not even trying to stop that, they said as much long ago, so it's just kind of an inconvenience that benefits IL. Should just legalize it here. i actually think of it now as a major inconvenience, I'm going to get it and big f'n deal, I'm not a drug king pin, so fine me or whatever for a half once. There is a basketball tie to this rant. For starters, could constitute recruiting issues. The archaic crap is definitely annoying, and in most major universities is a non-thought for recruits

Last edited:
Reactions: i'vegotwinners
when i was in college at IU it was pretty much a given among young people that MJ would soon be legal everywhere, as having it be illegal was beyond insane in the first place.

that was over 50 yrs ago.

reefer madness is still alive and thriving in the NCAA, as well as Taliban controlled states like Indiana, who's legislaures and legislators and administrators are addicted to alcohol and pills..

95,000 alcohol related deaths per yr in the US alone.

zero MJ related deaths.

good to see colleges and the state of Indiana have the public's best interests at heart, and not the alcohol and pharma industries.

NOT!

that states and schools continue to push students and adults alike towards alcohol and hard drugs, and away from MJ, which is literally safer than caffeine or aspirin, is not only beyond insane, but literally leadership malfeasance.

not only should MJ be legal everywhere, but govt, colleges, public health, should be doing all they can to move people toward MJ, and away from alcohol and all other hard drugs.

and yet they aren't, and continue to do all they can to move everyone away from the safe, non offensive to society drug, and towards the harmful, both to self and society, ones.

Indiana, "the pay to play state", is still waiting for the MJ lobby to fork up enough money to Pub lawmakers to make them all rich.

it's all about the money to Ind Pub legislators, and their lock on the state is so strong they don't even try to hide that reality.

wtf is keeping universities and the NCAA from going the obviously sane route, who knows.

that said, what no one ever mentions when discussing all things IU or NCAA, is that virtually all the nations public state schools are all controlled out of the governors' mansions, as the governors personally appoint a majority of the BOTs for virtually all public universities.

thus the NCAA is controlled out of the governors' mansions.

schools all have trustee elections for public show, to make it seem things are not as they are.

but reality is, the governors always appoint the majority of the boards.
Speak for yourself. I find pot smoke offensive. 😂

Illinois brought in over $1 billion in weed revenue last year, and Michigan was close to $2 billion. Last I checked, having a billion dollars or more is better than $0.

Reactions: Lucy01
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT