ADVERTISEMENT

Manwich

kurt cloverdales

All-American
Mar 3, 2020
my wife actually likes it, I don't care for it, has become her go to quick meal when she perceives herself as being busy.

my wife actually likes it, I don't care for it, has become her go to quick meal when she perceives herself as being busy.
It checks out...

I will say this. I was at a family gathering quite some time back and witnessed my 20-something niece spoon sloppy joes over a pile of tater tots. I was appalled, until I tried doing the same thing. Delicious. Like some sort of white trash nachos.
There's a BBQ place down the road that is only open for dinner (they spend the rest of the day smoking the meats). They have a special they call "The Hot Mess".
Macaroni and Cheese on the bottom
Layer of baked beans
Layer of french fries
Layer of brisket
Add a layer of barbecue sauce on top (I usually prefer the hot mustard bbq sauce)

It is glorious.
It's $20, but it's a large portion that you get at least two meals out of.

I will say this. I was at a family gathering quite some time back and witnessed my 20-something niece spoon sloppy joes over a pile of tater tots. I was appalled, until I tried doing the same thing. Delicious. Like some sort of white trash nachos.
tater tots are probably a staple in trump households

Just bypass the hamburger bun. Instead get a bag of tortilla chips. Cover in load of shredded cheese. Then pile on some manwich. Then nuke for maybe minute. Add whatever other accoutrements you like.

Tip from one stoner to one drunk. We COEXIST.

Just bypass the hamburger bun. Instead get a bag of tortilla chips. Cover in load of shredded cheese. Then pile on some manwich. Then nuke for maybe minute. Add whatever other accoutrements you like.

Tip from one stoner to one drunk. We COEXIST.
do you eat that meal while on the toilet to save time

Reactions: mrhighlife
Instead of marrying for sex, I should have found a woman who can make fried potatoes the right way.
My grandmother made them like this----My goodness. First time I made them for my wife, she was like---"I will never leave..."

Slow simmer the onions.....with 1/2 TS of butter and honey.

Layer potato bowl with coffee filters.. Firt batch, add some butter----filter on top----next batch---butter---filter on top. So on and so on. Keep covered for warmth...

Now turn up the juice on the onions----nice and crisp...Add some seasoning salt.

Pull filters out----dump in onions....Shake up.

Absolute FIRE.

Reactions: ulrey
My grandmother made them like this----My goodness. First time I made them for my wife, she was like---"I will never leave..."

Slow simmer the onions.....with 1/2 TS of butter and honey.

Layer potato bowl with coffee filters.. Firt batch, add some butter----filter on top----next batch---butter---filter on top. So on and so on. Keep covered for warmth...

Now turn up the juice on the onions----nice and crisp...Add some seasoning salt.

Pull filters out----dump in onions....Shake up.

Absolute FIRE.
How do you make your potatoes? Do you par boil them first and then put in the frying pan?

How do you make your potatoes? Do you par boil them first and then put in the frying pan?
No.....

Use Russet(potatoes). Hold their shape, and crisp.

Heat your oil(add a little butter). Once hot, add in the potatoes...

I slow cook the potatoes for about 5 minutes---undisturbed. Then i'll cook them for about 20-25 minutes---flipping about every 5 or so.

When I remove the first batch, I do so into a large bowl, with the bottom covered with a coffee fitler....then put in about a half spoon of butter....then place another filter over the top....Then cook another batch----and repeat.

The steam from the covering will "soften" the potatoes..The filter asborbs the butter....making the potato even Softer, BUT, keeps the edges crisp..

Once done with last batch, I'll move the onions to the pan, on high, with butter/honey, seaoning salt---a little garlic...and cook until the edges become crisp.

Ass to the potatoes---few nice "shakes"----And fukin magic baby.

Reactions: DANC
No.....

Use Russet(potatoes). Hold their shape, and crisp.

Heat your oil(add a little butter). Once hot, add in the potatoes...

I slow cook the potatoes for about 5 minutes---undisturbed. Then i'll cook them for about 20-25 minutes---flipping about every 5 or so.

When I remove the first batch, I do so into a large bowl, with the bottom covered with a coffee fitler....then put in about a half spoon of butter....then place another filter over the top....Then cook another batch----and repeat.

The steam from the covering will "soften" the potatoes..The filter asborbs the butter....making the potato even Softer, BUT, keeps the edges crisp..

Once done with last batch, I'll move the onions to the pan, on high, with butter/honey, seaoning salt---a little garlic...and cook until the edges become crisp.

Ass to the potatoes---few nice "shakes"----And fukin magic baby.
Sounds interesting. I'm gonna try that. Maybe add some bacon in there, too.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
And when cooking fish---especially bluegill----I wrap in foli, butter, onions and salt....Cook on the grill, or in the over. LEAVE THE scales on.

Dude when you remove those dudes, remove the foil---it also removes the scales---An unreal flavor; scales add a flavor that many people do not know. My PePaw showed me this. He was a "drinker", and the forst time I saw him do this, I was like---"This drunk muther****er forgot to scrape the scales off..."----He was like----"Just shut up, watch and learn"---And boy did I.

Sounds interesting. I'm gonna try that. Maybe add some bacon in there, too.
My wife doesnt really care for bacon---so I don't. But I have---and its very good.

PS---If I like ya enough, I'll share my wilted lettuce recipe....FIRE.

Instead of marrying for sex, I should have found a woman who can make fried potatoes the right way.
I found one! And if she doesn’t know how to make something she researches and does trial and error until she gets it right. Usually only takes one or two times to get it right.

• Love
Reactions: All4You and DANC
I found one! And if she doesn’t know how to make something she researches and does trial and error until she gets it right. Usually only takes one or two times to get it right.
Sounds like a keeper!

Gotta have bacon in most everything.
You grew up Mennonite. Didn't your mom or grandmother make fried potatoes the German way? Bratkartofeln - fried potatoes with onion an bacon. Heaven.

You grew up Mennonite. Didn't your mom or grandmother make fried potatoes the German way? Bratkartofeln - fried potatoes with onion an bacon. Heaven.
My mom, her four sisters and their mom made them to die for!!!

When it was corn on the cob time we had fried potatoes, tomatoes and lots of corn on the cob. Greatest meal ever. No meat needed except that bacon in the potatoes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT