ADVERTISEMENT

Mac is back!

He's a positive plus ..But just a solid piece ..
I can't jump up and down for guys who want paid big cash..When their not program changers..
Buy hey..You gotta have five on the floor.
How much? You're the second claiming we're paying big cash, but don't have numbers.

Last edited:
Basketball is a team sport. If the budget does not equal results you have overpaid for the players on the team. It is very simple.
Your concept doesn't work unless we know exactly what each player is getting and what players on other teams are getting. You don't know it, so your statement is simply dumb.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
Yes, as you call me a liar I will dispute that, but not because of you & Aloha. But that says a lot more about you than me.😉. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to prepare Easter dinner for some folks. Should be good discussion about recruiting from some real insiders.😃
Don't keep this inside information to yourself. Ask how much NIL money each player is getting and let us know.

I'm also going to prepare Easter dinner, but not quite yet. Having ham, fried potatoes (wife loves the way I make them) and some veggies. Now I'm getting hungry! ;)

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
Reactions: VanPastorMan
Don't keep this inside information to yourself. Ask how much NIL money each player is getting and let us know.

I'm also going to prepare Easter dinner, but not quite yet. Having ham, fried potatoes (wife loves the way I make them) and some veggies. Now I'm getting hungry! ;)
For some reason I had not thought about Ham being an Easter meat. My wife educated me on it though we have not done that ourselves.

Last edited:

We decided on spare ribs, homemade Mac and cheese, green beans with bacon, veggie tray, rolls and a host of deserts.

People were tired of the ham/turkey so decided to change it up. Turned out really well.

All talented players are going to need to be paid. It's the new reality. Look at Malik Mack. He's leaving Harvard because the NIL opportunities are so much better elsewhere.
NIL money! The Ivy League does not even give athletics scholarships. It’s the other way around there. The alumni make financial contributions in order for their legacies to attend..

Reactions: Vern Pain
For a lot of kids it's all about the Benjamins. Take the Mack kid. He would leave Harvard, a place where if you graduate from there your ticket is basically punched. To your second point NIL will end up destroying mid majors. They get a kid and coach him up but can't pay him, and then the big boys come calling and lure him away. Mid major schools will end up becoming the minor leagues for the bigger schools. I said earlier in another post that I want to get rid of NIL and go back to having the transfer rule to go back where a kid has to sit a year if he transfers.
The genie is out of the bottle

I had visions of mass exodus and program collapse. FWIW, gaining a 5 star and having two key players back (Mgbako, Reneau) indicate there is still belief by the players.
This past season's team was broken for some reason, from the first cupcake games and throughout the season. CMK's first two teams could play defence. This one never played D (230 or so in the nation). They never gelled. They could not communicate. No excuses, just facts. I stopped watching for several games,It was not fun anymore.
This coming year is a last chance. Hit some free throws, play some defence. Get back to the top in D. No excuse not to.

I had visions of mass exodus and program collapse. FWIW, gaining a 5 star and having two key players back (Mgbako, Reneau) indicate there is still belief by the players.
This past season's team was broken for some reason, from the first cupcake games and throughout the season. CMK's first two teams could play defence. This one never played D (230 or so in the nation). They never gelled. They could not communicate. No excuses, just facts. I stopped watching for several games,It was not fun anymore.
This coming year is a last chance. Hit some free throws, play some defence. Get back to the top in D. No excuse not to.
They are here due to NIL and the ability to audition for the NBA.

Yes, as you call me a liar I will dispute that, but not because of you & Aloha. But that says a lot more about you than me.😉. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to prepare Easter dinner for some folks. Should be good discussion about recruiting from some real insiders.😃
Sorry that you have to work on Easter. Keep working hard and maybe an “insider” you are serving will give you a new opportunity.
I commented about taking your bet, but you ignored me…now I know why.

Sorry that you have to work on Easter. Keep working hard and maybe an “insider” you are serving will give you a new opportunity.
I commented about taking your bet, but you ignored me…now I know why.
Your post was gibberish, but I’ll play. Let’s bet that IU’s NET end of year is higher than its relative spending rank. Now, that requires a leap of faith you will be unwilling to make, but by most accounts we are top 10-15 in spending, whether you break out coach, NIL, Athletics dept budget, whatever combination. So you are willing to bet IU’s NET will be no worse than 15th next year? If you disagree with that assessment of finance, you tell me where we rank then & we’ll go from there. What do you wish to wager?

& I don’t work on Easter, everybody comes to our house ‘cause I can cook & have the best booze…😉. But you keep playing the role of turd slinging monkey gramps…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT