ADVERTISEMENT

M$U Just Being M$U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glass houses??? We didn't cover up a rape culture for gawds sakes. You type in scandal and dantonio and there are pages of articles about his bullshit cover ups. Izzo too, as well as Nassar. Surprised some dads of the victims haven't taken matters into their own hands.

Sixteen players have been accused of sexual assault or violence against women under football coach Mark Dantonio’s watch since 2007, according to interviews and public records obtained by ESPN, despite the football coach addressing four football players in June as the first offenders he dealt with any such issues on. Four Spartans football players — Josh King, Donnie Corley and Demetric Vance in a January 2017 incident, and Auston Robertson in an April 2017 incident — were dismissed last year and face criminal sexual conduct charges.

Basketball coach Tom Izzo had several incidents occur under his watch as well.

In ESPN’s report, former Michigan State sexual assault counselor Lauren Allswede was interviewed. The former Michigan State staffer of seven years left the university in 2015 because of how the athletic program covered up sexual assault cases. Allswede said sexual assault cases were handled or investigated by the athletic department, including Hollis and coaches of players accused.

Allswede said: “Whatever protocol or policy was in place, whatever frontline staff might normally be involved in response or investigation, it all got kind of swept away and it was handled more by administration (and) athletic department officials. It was all happening behind closed doors. ... None of it was transparent or included people who would normally be involved in certain decisions."

"A lot of the statements that are coming out now ... from Mark Hollis or administration claiming there's no rape culture, is misleading," Allswede added. "When there's multiple reports against specific programs, that needs to be followed up on. That needs to be addressed. It's not a coincidence."

The report comes after president Lou Anna Simon announced her resignation Wednesday, Hollis’ resignation Friday, and in the wake of Nassar’s sentencing to 40 to 175 years in prison for sexual abuse stemming from his time as the Spartans’ doctor and USA Gymnastics’ team doctor.

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC
This is what Indiana fans have become, take advantage of a typo for a “win” lol that must suck
I "took advantage of a typo" for a stupid joke. The fact that, at 4:30 am, you felt compelled to condemn that suggests you need to get a life.

I spent 30 seconds researching this. My point is most schools have this problem. We all should strive to do better.

But we have proven over and over again that most schools don't have this problem. Schools have players who do bad things and schools react proportionately.

M$U prefers to attempt to win at all costs (but failing to really even do that) by keeping these players and harboring sexual predators while knowing they are such. Its not about someone was with a school and got kicked out or in Kiante Enis position that you mentioned, NEVER EVEN MADE IT TO CAMPUS, its about your school hiding the facts and allowing it without punishment. This is really simple stuff but as an M$U fan, obviously this is just too hard for you to grasp.

Reactions: 76-1 and DANC
I "took advantage of a typo" for a stupid joke. The fact that, at 4:30 am, you felt compelled to condemn that suggests you need to get a life.
Well I posted at 4 something...Couldn't sleep so watched Uruguay in a big upset over Fiji in the rugby world cup.

Saw the post and had to set things straight. They know for a fact there were much more than 16 incidents from the football team alone but thats all that stepped forward. Sad!

But we have proven over and over again that most schools don't have this problem. Schools have players who do bad things and schools react proportionately.

M$U prefers to attempt to win at all costs (but failing to really even do that) by keeping these players and harboring sexual predators while knowing they are such. Its not about someone was with a school and got kicked out or in Kiante Enis position that you mentioned, NEVER EVEN MADE IT TO CAMPUS, its about your school hiding the facts and allowing it without punishment. This is really simple stuff but as an M$U fan, obviously this is just too hard for you to grasp.

Yea they even went as far as to extend the Dantonio contract amid the scandal? Thats pure horsesh!t! Who does that? Maybe Baylor or psu...

Well, that’s not true. If you’re a real fan you know we’ve beaten you much more recently than that.

Rose Bowl winner, Cotton Bowl winner, multiple appearances in BT title game and a win there, final 4 in football, 8 final 4's in BB, the last BT NCAA BB champ, preseason #1.

Have you had a few in season wins vs us? Yes.

You should stick to discussing off the field stuff not sports...whoops this is a sports board

Rose Bowl winner, Cotton Bowl winner, multiple appearances in BT title game and a win there, final 4 in football, 8 final 4's in BB, the last BT NCAA BB champ, preseason #1.

Have you had a few in season wins vs us? Yes.

You should stick to discussing off the field stuff not sports...whoops this is a sports board
All at a cost of what? Hopefully you have a daughter that goes to msu and goes to football parties. WTF?

All at a cost of what? Hopefully you have a daughter that goes to msu and goes to football parties. WTF?

There are 2 sets of issues. Let's see if we can agree.
1. In the sports realm how about you admit , your off field "concerns" are fueled by substantial jealousy of our sports program, especially, coming into the state and taking recruits. You have a lot of hate for Kentucky and Purdue so let's not dismiss the rivalry impact. For example, I spend time on the WIsky boards and while there may be 1 or 2 instances of angst about MSU, it hardly reaches the vitriol here.

2.Now, I agree there has been a culture at MSU that has covered up sexual harrassment and other such issues. I hope that will change. I attended grad school in the late 60's and and embarrassed that this happened here, at a school that helped me reach my career goals and develop personally.

The problem is when there is a major scandal, as with Nasser, everyone gets slimed-Izzo and Dantonio had nothing to do with Nasser, didnt know about them etc. ESPN has an anti MSU agenda-there is no doubt about it.

Izzo and Dantonio have kicked problem players off the team. Some real good commits were kicked off Dantonio's 2016 class. If you look at Iowa States past rosters you will see several transfers from MSU basketball for 1 problem or another.

So, if these 2 coaches are guilty of anything, it is giving some guys more chances than they should have. One of the worst cases, Auston Robertson, btw had offers from 9 BT schools , including IU.
Is it easy to manage 85 football players who are recruited , partly for their aggressiveness and many come from difficult backgrounds.

It's a mixed bag.

For 25 years in the business with few personnel issues, and for all he has contributed to the game and the school, Izzo deserves a break.
Dantonio , I hope, has learned some lessons, in how much latitude /chances you can give out.

4v9K3fgnkWS8Lhi16
OMG trying to justify the facts and turning a cheek and ignoring the facts? Who are you Pelosi's in-law? No wait a Sandusky relative? Sure lets win and make others jealous while innocent victims get brutalized. YOU are whats wrong with this country today.

CTA go kick these f*cktards in the teeth. TIA

UNREAL

Last edited:
You and one other poster have questioned something in my initial post without identifying what you feel is the elephant in the room. The last sentence reads: "You can take the Bro out of the Hood, but you can't take the Hood out of the Bro." I assume that you believe this comment is racist and directed at the player. My comment is really directed to the specific situation and the Coaches recruiting these kids as well as the underlying conduct.

We have too many Coaches who suffer from the "Father Flanigan" complex. They believe there are no bad kids, just misunderstood kids who they can reform under their direction particularly if they have the talent to play (See Tom Osborne/Lawrence Phillips, Steve Alford/Pierre Pierce, Mark D'Antonio/Fill in the Blank). A Coaching Staff can't babysit 100 + players 24/7 and 18-22 year olds are capable of poor decision making, they drink, get into fights, sometimes get pulled over for DUI. Not to excuse any of these types of conduct, but this is a totally different situation.

Here you have a person who has a criminal record from high school involving sexual assault. Ask yourself this. If this Kid had a 4.0 in high school and had the potential to be the best Computer Science Student the University ever admitted would the University allow him to enter? Of course not. They would view him as a problem with a potential liability for the University. The University can't charge $50 per ticket to get 70,000 people to come in and watch him in Computer Science Class and Lab and generate substantial revenue for the University to offset the potential liability or make a profit.
Also ask yourself this, by admitting this Kid, who was deprived of the opportunity to obtain a football scholarship from MSU and have an education paid for?

Think a little bit about your initial statement: “you can taken the bro out of the hood but you cannot take the hood out of the bro.”

You are literally saying that a person of color coming from a very bad economic environment is essentially a gangster who cannot change. I am not inferring anything from your statement. I am just reading it at face value. Your words not mine.

Reactions: SkOw
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT