ADVERTISEMENT

Lunardi Has IU In...

Not sure but i see memphis also won. Bubble shrining fast. Not even sure two wins would get us in probably would take a three game miracle run honestly.
If you are referring to the bracket posted in this thread, Memphis and Michigan were already in with IU so their wins do not hurt us at all. It is looking more and more like 1 win will have us in on most brackets barring a bunch of surprises in conference tournaments.

If you are referring to the bracket posted in this thread, Memphis and Michigan were already in with IU so their wins do not hurt us at all. It is looking more and more like 1 win will have us in on most brackets barring a bunch of surprises in conference tournaments.
I would be stunned if it only took one win. Isnt lunardi like one of the worst predicters around.

Reactions: GThomas
I would be stunned if it only took one win. Isnt lunardi like one of the worst predicters around.
Even the site that compiles brackets has IU as an 11.67 seed or something. That means a lot of brackets still have them in. I certainly do not spend any time tracking how accurate each individual expert is but overall they are generally pretty close.

Do we automatically play MSU now?
I think it’s MSU for sure now with Michigan’s win today. If MSU wins today, they’ll both be 11-9. Those two split. I think the next tie break is how they played against the top seed, Wisconsin. Michigan lost their only game to them. MSU split with them. Could be wrong though?

Not sure why but outside of the year with Cody and company, IU has sucked in the BTT. Hope for the players they can experience the NCAA tourney for at least one game.
Weren’t we in the championship game when MD was coach? I’m thinking either 2001 or 2002

Reactions: bailey777
Weren’t we in the championship game when MD was coach? I’m thinking either 2001 or 2002
Yes, 2001. It was against Iowa and Billy Packer made the statement that the winner would be IU’s permanent coach. Alford won and Billy looked like a fool.

Spoke too soon. Wisky lost to Nebraska somehow today. Now Illinois will likely get 1 seed.
Likely, but if MSU beats MD, they move back up to 7 regardless.

ILL would win the tie-break for the 1 with WISC, dropping them to 2. ILL swept both MSU and MICH, so the tie-break for the Michigan schools shifts to WISC, where MSU wins.

Last edited:
Likely, but if MSU beats MD, they move back up to 8 regardless.

ILL would win the tie-break for the 1 with WISC, dropping them to 2. ILL swept both MSU and MICH, so the tie-break for the Michigan schools shifts to WISC, where MSU wins.

Wisconsin losing to Nebraska is a potential bad break for the Hoosiers. Get past either MSU/UM and it would have been nice playing a Johnny Davis-less Wisconsin team in the quarterfinals.

Reactions: Wiedersehen
2 BTT wins and there's some hope, a 50/50, 1 BTT and there's about a 20% chance

Even the site that compiles brackets has IU as an 11.67 seed or something. That means a lot of brackets still have them in. I certainly do not spend any time tracking how accurate each individual expert is but overall they are generally pretty close.
Actually that is the average of the 30 brackets out a possible 128 that has IU in the tourney.

Reactions: Beorik
Yes, 2001. It was against Iowa and Billy Packer made the statement that the winner would be IU’s permanent coach. Alford won and Billy looked like a fool.
Wait -- do you mean Packer said something in 2001 that is still important?

So if we do play UM is Howard back coaching? MSU or MU is the worst matchups we could get by our regular season encounters. Rather play Wisconsin again

CBSsports didn't have us last four in or last four out FWIW. Odds are close to 0 without at least 2 wins.

Oh it's amazing how the once mighty have fallen. It's unbelievable that we're talking about possibly getting into the NCAAs. That should be the easiest thing in the world with our resources and history. We just a few years ago lost 12 out of 13 and still would have been in had we have been able to beat an 8-12 OSU team. Unbelievable how incompetent the IU administration is.

I think it’s MSU for sure now with Michigan’s win today. If MSU wins today, they’ll both be 11-9. Those two split. I think the next tie break is how they played against the top seed, Wisconsin. Michigan lost their only game to them. MSU split with them. Could be wrong though?
Why do I see Michigan at 12-9 and MSU at 11-9 after the Maryland win?

That means IU plays MSU right?

Does anyone know wth is actually going on here?

Why do I see Michigan at 12-9 and MSU at 11-9 after the Maryland win?

That means IU plays MSU right?

Does anyone know wth is actually going on here?
That's wrong. Google's algorithm is screwed up.

Assuming MSU holds on (up 10 late on MD), both will be 11-9, and MSU wins the tie-break, so IND plays MICH.

Reactions: The Vid
CBSsports didn't have us last four in or last four out FWIW. Odds are close to 0 without at least 2 wins.
Sounds about right. We are going to have to win two games against teams that killed us. Odds are very slim. Even winning the first game will be a monumental task. Michigan is a horrible matchup for us.

Keeping IU “in” helps get ESPN clicks on all their Bracketology stuff. Many more predictors than not have them out as of today.

Not sure many of the other bubble teams have as good a resume opportunity as we have with Michigan. MWC bubble teams have some good opportunities. If we win though, I’d say we have a good chance. 2 wins and we’re in. Lose to Mich obviously out.

Reactions: Sobchak_Security
Keeping IU “in” helps get ESPN clicks on all their Bracketology stuff. Many more predictors than not have them out as of today.

Not sure many of the other bubble teams have as good a resume opportunity as we have with Michigan. MWC bubble teams have some good opportunities. If we win though, I’d say we have a good chance. 2 wins and we’re in. Lose to Mich obviously out.
I have a hard time believing, regardless of what any “bracketologist” says, the selection committee would reward a team that has won 2 games in the last month.

Reactions: bailey777
I have a hard time believing, regardless of what any “bracketologist” says, the selection committee would reward a team that has won 2 games in the last month.
He now has us out I just saw but why do people take his word as gospel? There are dozens of guys doung the same thing. What makes lunardi so special I heard his track record stinks.

You’re welcome.
Welcome back @EarlTubbs

So, once again your Tin Sheep Barn crowd decided a F.uck IU! chant (at least one) was the appropriate thing to do Sat. after the first of three "instigate-then-act-shocked" plays by your white kid with the unfortunate hair.

That makes at least two vulgar chants that I am aware of this season although others say there were more.

Now...given your self-righteous rants here about IU's students doing the sloppy seconds chant earlier in the season...how you do you feel about your own rather cracked glass house?

Will Bombinskowitz put out a statement and apologize as Glass did after the IU students serenaded your prancing Dutchman's taunting act?

No way you are a hypocrite...so what say ye Tubby?

• Angry
Reactions: Simply wow
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT