ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Lunardi

Rotonda Jim

Benchwarmer
Sep 3, 2003
Not that Lunardi is the world's leading authority on who will make the big dance, but he is as good at this as anyone else. It is interesting to note that he does not have the Hoosiers in the tournament at this point. In fact, they are not even listed in the first four teams out. Yes, there is a lot of time for Mike Woodson to fix all of this, but I think it is crucial for the turnaround to begin tonight. It is a big game.

Not that Lunardi is the world's leading authority on who will make the big dance, but he is as good at this as anyone else. It is interesting to note that he does not have the Hoosiers in the tournament at this point. In fact, they are not even listed in the first four teams out. Yes, there is a lot of time for Mike Woodson to fix all of this, but I think it is crucial for the turnaround to begin tonight. It is a big game.
We would have to have a really good conference record plus knock off a PUrdue or Illinois in order to even come close. We have zero quality wins this year

We're probably not even one of the first 20 teams out. We're abysmal.

Here's the thing. No one goes into a season and says: "this team looks like a 7-13 conference team", and yet every year someone ends up that way.

Looking at this team objectively- points for vs against in pre con, win-loss vs good teams, the huge minus in 3pt makes and percentage, lack of experience and missing guards... all of it says this one is not likely to make the tournament. The only thing really going for them is the fact that there are few solid teams in the conference.

They have a better chance to win at home, but this OSU team hits 3s also, so they can forget about offense and try to stop someone.

They need to stop OSU hitting 3s, getting to the line, and they have to outrebound and just out tough them, if they want to win, or do anything positive this season.

Someone has to step up and lead and show a desire to win.

Personally, I would sit some dudes this game who are major scorers, and go purely with high effort guys to start the game. As a long time IU fan, one of Woodson's biggest problems is he keeps playing the same starters regardless of their effort. You can't do that in college. He should have learned that from Coach Knight.

Here's the thing. No one goes into a season and says: "this team looks like a 7-13 conference team", and yet every year someone ends up that way.

Looking at this team objectively- points for vs against in pre con, win-loss vs good teams, the huge minus in 3pt makes and percentage, lack of experience and missing guards... all of it says this one is not likely to make the tournament. The only thing really going for them is the fact that there are few solid teams in the conference.

They have a better chance to win at home, but this OSU team hits 3s also, so they can forget about offense and try to stop someone.

They need to stop OSU hitting 3s, getting to the line, and they have to outrebound and just out tough them, if they want to win, or do anything positive this season.

Someone has to step up and lead and show a desire to win.

Personally, I would sit some dudes this game who are major scorers, and go purely with high effort guys to start the game. As a long time IU fan, one of Woodson's biggest problems is he keeps playing the same starters regardless of their effort. You can't do that in college. He should have learned that from Coach Knight.
Who are these major scorers you speak of lol.
I sit X until he figures out if he wants to play team basketball and be a leader.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT