ADVERTISEMENT

Lost Kaufman to Purdue!

I've never seen that. Bob didn't look too pleased at the end. Did he and Isiah, cool in later years? Wonder if this had anything to do with it. I think his expectations would be, it's OK to joke, but then come back and say what you learned about hard work, preparation, commitment, etc.... And, Isiah looks young there. I bet an older Isiah would have done just that.
They cooled right after that event. It was a classic example of Knight‘s lack of self awareness.

What's the address of the world you are living in? How do you figure 4th? When he's here, I think Race would be a senior, and Duncomb a freshman. TJD and Brunk likely gone. Duncomb's a 5, so that leaves minutes pretty wide open at the 4. I've heard from him twice that he felt PU had a better style of play for him. Sad, if true, as I would think that's a pretty easy argument to get around... Trey, we've not had a kid with your skills since I've been here, but here's how I plan to use you... citing guys like OG, Vic, Juwan and Troy who came in rated lower and developed in to NBA prospects.

It's a bad loss, but you're not going to get every kid. It might indicate a troubling trend though since we've now lost out on Morton, Furst and TK to PU. One of the criticisms I had of CAM was that I didn't like the asst coaches early, so I hope with Roberts and the new guy, we get more out of them on the bench and recruiting trail.

Yes, it was a huge loss......sets us back at least one year on the court from where we'd like to be by year 5.

I see Roberts' name mentioned as our 'lead' recruiter on out-of-state recruits.....'connections' he has.....but I've yet to see any actual impact on any actual recruit. I di like what he's brought to the bench but I'm not sold, at all, on his impact as a recruiter.

To survive, Archie needs to turn it around this year on the court and follow-up in '22 with a PG and two athletic bigs. I'd say 'grad transfer market' but while there's plenty of 2s and 3s every year in that market, there's usually only 1-2 viable 4s.....and Archie hasn't shown that he's up to getting one of them.

Reactions: birdforbogey
Yes, it was a huge loss......sets us back at least one year on the court from where we'd like to be by year 5.

I see Roberts' name mentioned as our 'lead' recruiter on out-of-state recruits.....'connections' he has.....but I've yet to see any actual impact on any actual recruit. I di like what he's brought to the bench but I'm not sold, at all, on his impact as a recruiter.

To survive, Archie needs to turn it around this year on the court and follow-up in '22 with a PG and two athletic bigs. I'd say 'grad transfer market' but while there's plenty of 2s and 3s every year in that market, there's usually only 1-2 viable 4s.....and Archie hasn't shown that he's up to getting one of them.

well, I think he seems to have his focus as a practice/bench coach, less as a recruiter. Plus, there are different kinds of assistants and a lot are "talent pushers" who work to keep a stable of AAU contacts and that's the currency of their job qualifications. Roberts came from UNCG, so a whole different level of recruit. It's understandable if he doesn't bring a ton of recruits with him, and has to develop that. Obviously we need recruits, but I don't fault him if he was hired more for his bench presence and coaching skills. The new AC seems to have more of a focus on recruiting and more of those contacts. I don't care how they split responsibilities as long as it is successful.

It appears Mason Miller is a lock at Memphis.
If you're looking at the 247 crystal ball, all those predictions are from 1.5 years ago. His father no longer works there and there's pretty much 0 chance that is where he ends up. Right now the top 3 to land him are thought to be IU, Creighton, and OSU (not necessarily in that order).

If you're looking at the 247 crystal ball, all those predictions are from 1.5 years ago. His father no longer works there and there's pretty much 0 chance that is where he ends up. Right now the top 3 to land him are thought to be IU, Creighton, and OSU (not necessarily in that order).

Which is just another sign of how far we've fallen. Creighton is ranked ahead of us and has probably been the better team the last few years. It's way past time to start getting us back to conference and national relevancy. Get'er done!

Lol cal leads D1 in
wins
tourney wins
final fours
elite 8s
title game appearances
only 2 other programs have more titles than UK since cal has been here
meanwhile IU has
missed the tourney for 5 straight years
advanced past the elite 8 one time in 28 years
gotten dominated by their in state rival
(5-14) since 2009
now IU is losing recruits to them.
Hey, at least you still got those dusty banners. (which you haven’t hung since the Reagan administration)
Purdue still has no banners and Cal has one banner with all that and 2 vacated final 4’s. PUke and pUKe stooges teaming up on an IU board. Get a life.

Just like we were mad we didn’t get Brooks.
Wrong.
giphy.gif
STFU fatty chaser ..

Purdue still has no banners and Cal has one banner with all that and 2 vacated final 4’s. PUke and pUKe stooges teaming up on an IU board. Get a life.

Don't be so sensitive Nancy. Sure people on both sides respect history of IU.
What's sad is posters like you bringing up history so often. It happen you have the memories that's great. I hear Springsteen's Glory Days everytime somebody posts like this though. They passed you by. IU needs to find a way to get relative again, both of these programs have parachuted past IU.

Reactions: RunninRichie
What's sad is posters like you bringing up history so often. It happen you have the memories that's great. I hear Springsteen's Glory Days everytime somebody posts like this though. They passed you by. IU needs to find a way to get relative again, both of these programs have parachuted past IU.
Go back to your board couch potato. Nobody asked you. The 2 idiot posters are here to stir up shit and you fell for it.

Sorry Florida Marlins
let this sink in
indiana has advanced past the sweet 16 once since 1993 since then UK has
8 final fours
3 titles
2 runner ups
kentucky has won 17 out of the last 22
indiana has been to 3 elite 8s and 1 final four over the last 32 years just to put it into perspective kentucky has been to 16 elite 8s and 8 final fours since 1992.
now you guys are dominating them on the court and now on the recruiting front

let this sink in
8 final fours
3 titles
2 runner ups
indiana has been to 3 elite 8s and 1 final four over the last 32 years just to put it into perspective kentucky has been to 16 elite 8s and 8 final fours since 1992.
Go home. We don’t give 2 shits what couch potato or you think. You both have boards to go back too. Take your Heifers and teeth with you.

Great comeback. That’s the sound of UK swinging and missing with loaded rosters. Run along. We know you have other boards to try and get banned from.
hush victor
#1 in wins tourney wins and final fours since 2009..... indiana hasn’t been to a final four since the playstation2 released.

Reactions: Boilpotato
Lol cal leads D1 in
wins
tourney wins
final fours
elite 8s
title game appearances
meanwhile IU has
(5-14) since 2009
Hey, at least you still got those dusty banners. (which you haven’t hung since the Reagan administration)

We are well aware of all of that. Thank you Captain obvious. Now go celebrate your upcoming Elite 8 banner.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
let this sink in
8 final fours
3 titles
2 runner ups

If we are so irrelevant, why are you here? Honestly?

Well, Kentucky has. Purdue was 16-15 last year.

even better is the clip of Isiah's speech (with RMK behind him) talking about the new swear word Knight created....a masterclass in social awkwardness. Kids...your new word for the day----SUNT.

Thanks for posting. I have often heard the story but had not seen the video. To give Isiah the benefit of the doubt I think he was trying to say coach taught me how to work hard. But how he got there was not acceptable.

Thanks for posting. I have often heard the story but had not seen the video. To give Isiah the benefit of the doubt I think he was trying to say coach taught me how to work hard. But how he got there was not acceptable.
I am in no way condoning RMK past behavior with the following statement, but with regards to Isiah, I cannot fathom any type of audience where the subject matter of his speech would be appropriate. It was accepted, and fairly well received, at first, but when he starts with his SUNT material, you could feel the room get a little uneasy. And RMK's glare....

I am in no way condoning RMK past behavior with the following statement, but with regards to Isiah, I cannot fathom any type of audience where the subject matter of his speech would be appropriate. It was accepted, and fairly well received, at first, but when he starts with his SUNT material, you could feel the room get a little uneasy. And RMK's glare....
The dude next to RMK was holding his head.

Trust me on this, RMK has scratched old friends out of his life for much, much less.

What that banner that isn’t relevant? Whatever it’s called.

It’s up to each person’s opinion what is relevant- but it is a banner and it has been hanging since before any of yours. I only ask that you be precise in your criticism. “No NCAA Championship banners” is true. “No National Championship banners” is false.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Lol cal leads D1 in
wins
tourney wins
final fours
elite 8s
title game appearances
meanwhile IU has
(5-14) since 2009
I’m talking Purdue dumbass not U suck K. Go back where you came from stupid. Yeah that’s why that bitch Cal stopped playing Indiana. He’s scared the coward.

I’m talking Purdue dumbass not U suck K. Go back where you came from stupid. Yeah that’s why that bitch Cal stopped playing Indiana. He’s scared the coward.
we play duke,unc,kansas,michigan state,ucla and ohio state.....but UK is afraid of Indiana???? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO never change IU fans.

indiana would hang a elite 8 banner. Only one since 1993.......yikes.....
I’m sorry but let’s look at the pussy cats of UK that has a top 3 class every year since Cal got there and 1 championship. That’s a crap record for the talent they have. It just shows Cal can’t coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT