ADVERTISEMENT

Losing to Purdue is Unacceptable

Awesome if vulgar, embittered, IU obsessed trolls is your thing. Looked as if I was right about a small IU crowd last night but I was not there so could not see the upper rows, but definitely less red int the lower bowl than usual.

Dakich was raving about it last night as was Shulman. Don't act like Assembly is any less vulgar when Purdue plays there. Mackey is a great place to watch a game as is Assembly.

Dakich was raving about it last night as was Shulman. Don't act like Assembly is any less vulgar when Purdue plays there. Mackey is a great place to watch a game as is Assembly.

Mackey has good sight lines even in the worst seats, but don't make yourself
Look foolish...it isn't even close to being the venue that TAH is. Only a handful of places are.

You couldn't be further off. Purdue wants to consistently have success in the tournament. That is hands down the most important goal. Beating IU is a bonus.

Great job accomplishing that goal! Job well done, coach Painter.

I'd be curious to know what they were thinking when they built TAH? That place has some of the worst seats I've ever seen.

I know you have heard that, and there are a couple thousand or so up in the corners of the main level and the balconies that are not very good but there are still more good seats in TAH than in your hog barn.

I know you have heard that, and there are a couple thousand or so up in the corners of the main level and the balconies that are not very good but there are still more good seats in TAH than in your hog barn.

Heard? I've been in there. Mackey has great seats all over the arena. Unlike TAH, there isn't a bad seat in the house.

You couldn't be further off. Purdue wants to consistently have success in the tournament. That is hands down the most important goal. Beating IU is a bonus.

Lol...you remind me of the guy with the bad rug...sorry everybody knows different.

Heard? I've been in there. Mackey has great seats all over the arena. Unlike TAH, there isn't a bad seat in the house.

I never said anything to the contrary, although I doubt you have ever been inside the hall. The Hog barn has 14,000 and change good seats. TAH has more than that plus some bad ones. Keep up man.

Painter needs to thank Roosevelt Barnes. Losing Biggie after this season, back to the park for PU. IU will be back with a new coach.

IU's Assembly Hall may be the worst major college bball venue in the country. Great history and atmosphere. But really not very fan-friendly in comparison to others.

Reactions: lonnie boyd
I think Crean deserves to be back. Hell, you're one year removed from a Big 10 championship, your team was decimated with injuries to key players, you beat UNC and Kansas, etc. Those aren't excuses, they're just facts and have to be taken into consideration.
"Decimated"? We have one guy out. One. The other was gone prior to the season and he averaged 4 points a game. Four. The other "injuries" have all been to various players and lasted, what's this? All 3 games a piece? What an interesting number and coincidence. You can draw your own conclusions and you don't have to be Columbo. The injuries have nothing to do with being dead last in the conference (and one of the worst amongst high major programs) in turnovers.
The B1G championship you cite was won with what was perhaps the easiest schedule since it expanded, eliminating home and away with all teams. It was a joke. Add to that that this isnt Purdue. Success isn't measured in B1G championships won in year 8. It also doesn't help to miss the tourney half of the rest of the time.
He's had far too much time as it is. Now it will end or the fandom of so many IU fans, myself included.

Reactions: JARRODH
Losing to Purdue twice is unacceptable. Knight lost to Purdue at least once practically every season. In fact, he had a losing record against Keady.

I never said anything to the contrary, although I doubt you have ever been inside the hall. The Hog barn has 14,000 and change good seats. TAH has more than that plus some bad ones. Keep up man.

While I love how Assembly Hall looks on TV with the steep vertical seating and banners, I generally hate seeing games there. If you're not very low, the middle and upper seats are bad and the balcony and especially seats up under the balcony are awful. I think a good architect could maintain the "vertical" feel and incorporate the banners behind a basket but come up with a much better overall design and think we're heading towards the time for that. Guessing with the recent renaming and upgrades that can has been kicked a long way down the road, but I sure hope to see it in my lifetime.

Boys, I'm an IU Grad. Sorry to step on your sensitive toes. But you should get out and about more to see I'm right. Great place to start would be Louisville. A program like IU should have an arena like that.

Boys, I'm an IU Grad. Sorry to step on your sensitive toes. But you should get out and about more to see I'm right. Great place to start would be Louisville. A program like IU should have an arena like that.

Louisville's arena is awesome.

I never understood the "Dusty Banners" slam from fans of schools that don't have any. Aren't dusty banners better than none? Even if you count that ridiculous retroactive championship they have, dusty banners still makes no sense as a slam. 1987 is still more recent than 1932.

Losing the games, conference, tournaments, attendance, and venue battles to Purdue seems to really be getting to you...

Care to provide any color on this semi coherent troll post? Help us with tournaments, attendance and venue comments. I will wait. I caution you however to refrain from wishing cancer on anyone again.

Thanks in advance.

I think Crean deserves to be back. Hell, you're one year removed from a Big 10 championship, your team was decimated with injuries to key players, you beat UNC and Kansas, etc. Those aren't excuses, they're just facts and have to be taken into consideration.
Please list the injuries that decimated us. Hartman was out prior to the year. OG was not starting when he got hurt. So you are saying two guys cussed us to finish 12 in the conf? What was our record when OF went down? Did we beat FW with him? Did we beat Nebraska at home with him?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT