ADVERTISEMENT

Looking on the "bright side"

ORG

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 31, 2001
Damascus Maryland
OK . . . I am absolutely wearing my crimson shades today and I found some indicators of things that IU is doing fairly well.

• Scoring defense points allowed: #2 in Big 10
  • Scoring defense shooting %: #4 in Big 10
  • 3 point defense shooting %: #3 in Big 10
  • Blocked shots: #3 in Big 10

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
OK . . . I am absolutely wearing my crimson shades today and I found some indicators of things that IU is doing fairly well.

And yet they are near the bottom in the standings.

I like your optimism. I'm generally optimistic about the future too. I continue to be concerned, however, about our lack of a player who can create his own shot on offense when the clock is running down or when the game is on the line. Illinois has Dosunmu. Wisconsin has Trice, etc. etc.

We need a guy like this to help us close out long possessions and ultimately win close games. Until that happens, I'm afraid we will keep losing close games that our excellent defense...and it really has been excellent...has kept us in.

Reactions: ORG and hookyIU1990
I guess I must be the "nobody" you're talking about because I care. ;)

10th place in the BIG10 is absolutely unacceptable in year 4 given AM's salary and the largest recruiting expenditures in the conference. If 10th is good enough this year, that is worse than Crean on a bad day and we may finish last next year and he'll be gone. Something has to improve markedly THIS year I have to laugh about AM disciples yucking it up about UK losing thus far, but you know, I'd probably bet a paycheck that they would destroy us on any given day and have a better chance of having a successful season.

I like your optimism. I'm generally optimistic about the future too. I continue to be concerned, however, about our lack of a player who can create his own shot on offense when the clock is running down or when the game is on the line. Illinois has Dosunmu. Wisconsin has Trice, etc. etc.

We need a guy like this to help us close out long possessions and ultimately win close games. Until that happens, I'm afraid we will keep losing close games that our excellent defense...and it really has been excellent...has kept us in.
I agree. Even a slight uptick in shooting would be a great help to this squad. We really miss another aggressive, offensive minded player in the backcourt who can create his own shots or open shots for others.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT