ADVERTISEMENT

Liverpool

mcmurtry

Senior
Nov 23, 2001
Good for them. Always happy to see teams who try to play do well. Rodgers is fantastic and sterling is on his way to becoming one of the best in the world. They need to bring in a couple guys this summer to compete in champions next year. Anyway good for them.

It's really an amazing run. It will be interesting to see how they do when they are balancing European football with the League and if they go after the Cups at all next year. Not much depth on the squad, but they are executing the "all the eggs into one basket" strategy brilliantly. No doubt in my mind they get the point they need against Chelsea next weekend unless tomorrow goes horribly in Madrid.

Really going to be interesting to see what happens with both halves of Liverpool and Manchester this offseason:

Is Moyes getting sacked for sure? Does anyone better want that job with no European football and several glaring holes to be fixed? Will be a bit funny to watch those who hated on Chelsea for the last decade rationalize firing Moyes after one year.

How is Pellegrini going to be viewed if they don't come back and win the league given the CL quarters exit yet again? Barca isn't even particularly good this season.

If Everton holds onto European football, can they use that $ to keep Lukaku and Barry and add another piece to be even more of a Top 4 threat next season? Really enjoyable team to watch.

Manu will be back. They'll spend a ton and bolster the team. Best thing for them is to miss europa. One year to focus solely on league and they'll be back in champions. Strange year for barca. New coach in over his head. Injuries. Constant backroom issues. Neymar not quite fitting in. Next year will be interesting to see how they look. The core of that team is the finest core group ever to play. I'd hate to see their time be up.

Oops

Mourinho does Liverpool again, and this time without Cech, Hazard, Terry, Etoo and Ramires. It's crazy that he's taken a team with this poor a group of strikers to the brink of the EPL title and to the semis of the Champions. Hopefully they get a proper scorer next year.

Re: Oops

I don't like it. Anti football, parking the bus, etc. But mourinho certainly deserves credit for his success and I can appreciate what he has done in terms of scheming, discipline, and organization.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT