ADVERTISEMENT

Live Game Thread - Indiana vs Illinois B1G Tournament

Race gets same contact as Cockburn does..... no call...... Cockburn just gets rubbed by TJD... foul,

Refs inconsistent already

Reactions: CookyMonster
Curbello.... walks down the lane..... then jumps back in from out of bounds to get a rebound.

Come on X...tighten it back up. We can not beat Illinois playing open gym style basketball.

Big Ten refs...Illinois being the 1 seed...we're going to be fighting an uphill battle today.
Yes... case in point.... Race's first two attempts under the basket... the defenders arms were 45 degrees down and hit Races arms..... no call. Race has to be tough... but when they talk about the vertical rule.... the defender broke them both times

Yes... case in point.... Race's first two attempts under the basket... the defenders arms were 45 degrees down and hit Races arms..... no call. Race has to be tough... but when they talk about the vertical rule.... the defender broke them both times
And Illinois plays typical B10 style football defense on the perimeter...they won't get called. I'll bet they'll get IU on some key ticky tack ones on the perimeter at some point.

Our outside shooting starting to hurt us. Missed a handful of open looks. They get some 20% er to make one. Game tied. Our margin for error is SOOO thin. Illinois has played pretty bad overall, and the game is tied.

Missed opportunity during that stretch as IL isn’t playing great, but that will change.

Bates in, you know the shot is going up if he touches it.

Reactions: CriticArisen
Missing layups and missing open shots. Should be up by 6-10 points right now.

Our outside shooting starting to hurt us. Missed a handful of open looks. They get some 20% er to make one. Game tied. Our margin for error is SOOO thin. Illinois has played pretty bad overall, and the game is tied.
Sheet. If Rob's shot was dropping.

There's the hand check on Phin, that they could call every single time down the floor on any of their perimeter defenders.

We need a good 20 minutes in the second half.

Maybe since we played good.... but not great....we'll have our great half coming up.

Now.... go find me a good piece of Oak..... I need to knock on wood so I didn't jinx them.

Reactions: BigMobe
We're right there..
At lest we've not dug a major hole today..
Gonna be a grinder
IU effort was strong in 1H. I hope we don't run out of gas after yesterday. Going to need all that and then some to take this game today. Game is grinding out to our advantage. Need to do better in transition and get to the rim and get some fouls called on Illinois.

IU effort was strong in 1H. I hope we don't run out of gas after yesterday. Going to need all that and then some to take this game today. Game is grinding out to our advantage. Need to do better in transition and get to the rim and get some fouls called on Illinois.
"Need to do better in transition and get to the rim and get some fouls called on Illinois."

Agree to all the above..... plus make our mid-range jumpers.

Glad Trayce didn’t pick up his second foul.

I’m not sure where Race T fits in this game.

Illini not playing great. 3 point shooting not good for example. If they turn it on they could toast us. Hopefully we stay tough and grind it out.

Glad Trayce didn’t pick up his second foul.

I’m not sure where Race T fits in this game.
Three of Races shots in the beginning were heavily contested... he was actually fouled..... but those shots would have given us six more points.... if he would have played through the contact and made them.

Illini not playing great. 3 point shooting not good for example. If they turn it on they could toast us. Hopefully we stay tough and grind it out.
This happened at Assembly Hall, and the game flipped to blowout on a dime. I’m not a fan of playing Stewart and Kopp at the same time for this reason, especially against IL. Stewart get the quicker guard, and can’t stay with him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT