ADVERTISEMENT

Like the contrasting assassin/choir boy depiction in the photo.

DAYYYum, Opie done went and got cut! and Jakai must have a really skilled buddy with his own tat gun.
That back court is gonna have some swag! MAy have trouble walking with that much swag.

Malik
JHS
Gunn
Banks
Cupps
Newton
Duncomb
Geronimo
Galloway
Bates

future is bright
Leal...

toss in a portal transfer PG who can knock down 3s and another solid post, and the post-TJD era might not take as big a dip as the rest of the conference might expect.

Leal...

toss in a portal transfer PG who can knock down 3s and another solid post, and the post-TJD era might not take as big a dip as the rest of the conference might expect.
And the absence for Trace and Race emphasizes how important Logan could become.
What I have read about him it seems his work ethic is low. Hopefully he can now understand

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Why waste him?
don't care how good a football player you are, if you have a full ride at IU waiting next yr and availability at the starting PG spot, you spend the fall working on ball handling and knocking down 3s.

Oh...and practice your damn free throws please. I long for the days where we have guards hitting close to 90%....socks, shorts, shoot.

Reactions: kkott
That was one guard in 40 years don’t think Quinn or Bobby got above 80% and Cheney I think barely broke it his sr yr
Yogi was solid his sr year...hovered between 80-86% each yr. Al Durham was actually pretty reliable his last yr.

Quinn and Wilkerson were never great shooters and Calbert wasn't a PG. OK.....how about 80-85%??

details.

Cupps is a killer - can just see it.
OK, you guys, learn me.

These two are only a smidge bigger than 6-1 Luke Brown, who got blistered on this site a couple days ago (for some reason). And, our current roster only has one player at 6-3 and none smaller.

Yes, yes, I know Alford is only 6-2 and the real Isiah Thomas is only 6-1. But today's coaches seem to prefer taller, longer guards.

What other top teams have not one, but two, guards under 6-3?

don't care how good a football player you are, if you have a full ride at IU waiting next yr and availability at the starting PG spot, you spend the fall working on ball handling and knocking down 3s.

Oh...and practice your damn free throws please. I long for the days where we have guards hitting close to 90%....socks, shorts, shoot.
Maybe we can hire Jordan to teach our guys his technique:

OK, you guys, learn me.

These two are only a smidge bigger than 6-1 Luke Brown, who got blistered on this site a couple days ago (for some reason). And, our current roster only has one player at 6-3 and none smaller.

Yes, yes, I know Alford is only 6-2 and the real Isiah Thomas is only 6-1. But today's coaches seem to prefer taller, longer guards.

There's 6'1" and then there's 6'1". One is quick, the other isn't.

Reactions: ThreeToMakeTwo
OK, you guys, learn me.

Kansas, Auburn, Texas, Tennessee, Houston ... will all run small backcourts at times this year.

fwiw - your view is skewed by B1G guards who tend to be bigger than other conferences and by the NBA who like big guards.

Smaller guards (and wings) don't like tackle thug basketball ... which is why the conference has lacked in guard play (and tourney success) for the last few years.

Last edited:
Muscle memory . . .

. . . long, long ago, there was a time . . . .
I love when Jordan leaves the foul line immediately in that video because he knows it's going in. Watch it again.

There actually is another guy who could teach IU how to shoot foul shots, and, with flair, too:

reggie-miller-choke.jpg

Kansas, Auburn, Texas, Tennessee, Houston ... will all run small backcourts at times this year.

fwiw - your view is skewed by B1G guards who tend to be bigger than other conferences and the NBA.

Smaller guards don't like tackle thug basketball ... which is why the conference has lacked in guard play (and tourney success) for the last few years.
Not saying you're wrong, but (1) why did these two smaller guards pick IU in the Big Ten and (2) why did Woodson recruit them to play in the Big Ten?

freeman for Morehead State is listed at 5-11. While he may struggle on D, offensively his quickness exploited IU at times.

Not saying you're wrong, but (1) why did these two smaller guards pick IU in the Big Ten and (2) why did Woodson recruit them to play in the Big Ten?
They're not small... look at Houston, look at Texas, look at UCLA's starting PG, look at Baylor with Cryer at 2 .. that's small .. then look at most B12, Pac, and some SEC teams and then look at Big Ten conference rosters.

There's an obvious difference in the relative height and weight of the backcourt players and has been for years.

There's always exceptions but the trend is obvious.

Cupps shooting 44% from the 3 pt line is better than I had expected. This could really be a great 4 yr player.

OK, you guys, learn me.

It ain't the size of the dog in the fight...?

From the article: Cupps shot 50.3% from the floor, 44.3% from the 3-point line, and 85.2% from the free throw line as a junior! A PG who can shoot and make free throws... a great weapon!

OK, you guys, learn me.

Ja Morant is 6'2".

Walt Garrison said that it ain't the size of the dog in the fight . . . it's the size of fight in the dog.

Alfred reference if I recall.
Nice.

OK, but wasn't it "socks, shorts, 123, swish!"?

Ja Morant is 6'2".

Walt Garrison said that it ain't the size of the dog in the fight . . . it's the size of fight in the dog.
Yeah, well, until I know more, I'll take the size of the fight in 6-1 Isiah Thomas instead of the unknown size of the fight in the 6-2 high schooler.

Isiah didn't back down from anyone.

Leal...

I don't think it will take any dip, and we just need to keep recruiting and we'll need another big. I'm old school, I hate the portal. It is not the way to build a talented program with chemistry, just no, I'd rather have a down year with actual talent that will grow than an OK year with mediocre transfer talent that sounds good on paper, because they were OK/pretty good in some shit conference or team last year ... haven't we seen the result of that type of recruiting? Sorry, I'm ranting, but the only reason you are in the portal is to seek $ from NIL and you weren't good enough to go pro, get that where you committed to or get PT, or probably a problem teammate

Last edited:
"Isiah didn't back down from anyone." -

Isiah got caught red handed in his dorm room with another guys girl friend. Answered the door and took a punch. He either chose not to respond or just couldn't.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT