ADVERTISEMENT

Leaks

It's so difficult for me to believe with the internet and social media, no one has leaked anything. I mean anyone in the know at IU or at one of the possible coaches' organization. Makes me skeptical that he's gone.. anyone on here that claims they know something is probably looking for attention without a credible source. Guess we will all find out something in a few weeks.

You want Glass to tweet out information right now? Are you being serious?
Again...

ZT-YpW0LsAU

Tracking flights is fun. A flight just left Bloomington for Dayton at 5 and return flight to Bloomington is scheduled for 7.
There are a few flights daily scheduled out of Indy to Las Vegas during the conference tournaments. Pac12 is playing in Vegas. UCLA is part of Pac12. I've already said too much.

on the other hand.....everybody is expecting Archie Miller...so maybe its Billy Donovan?

I'm definitely not expecting Billy Donovan. Who claims Donovan is even interested in leaving his current job? He just got to the NBA, why would he leave that right away? No way. Plus, he isn't a great fit. He's an East Coast guy- and that works at Florida but not so much at IU, says me.

Reactions: bailey777
[QllUOTE="TR32, post: 2079118, member: 8980"]I'm definitely not expecting Billy Donovan. Who claims Donovan is even interested in leaving his current job? He just got to the NBA, why would he leave that right away? No way. Plus, he isn't a great fit. He's an East Coast guy- and that works at Florida but not so much at IU, says me.[/QUOTE]
Well apparently some anonymous posters on other boards say Donovan is interested...We shall see...

Reactions: moneyadvisor
For East Coast purposes. Where is the Big 10 Tournament? Where is the SEC Tournament? Why would he go to Oklahoma if he wanted to be on the East Coast? He could of just waited for the Brooklyn or Knick jobs to open up and probably gotten one of those. Add in the Sixers and one of those jobs will probably come open every couple of years. I doubt he is the next coach at IU but I think he would listen if his reason for going to Oklahoma was to coach for deep runs in the NBA and he would be a great fit anywhere he chooses to go to coach.

There have been leaks. Stevens was contacted and is not interested. Donovan was also contacted and is willing to speak more. This was about 10-15 days ago. Nothing has been leaked since. Things are moving slow, but wuiet is typically good. Could be weeks to a month to know more.

This has been reported by at least 4 reputable people. One of which broke the Gunner Kiel news 2 weeks before it happend.
Crean was notified yesterday he should look into taking the Missouri job or others because he wouldn't be retained. I think Glass wants to throw big money at Donovan, Sean Miller, Tony Bennett and make them say no. If they do Archie Miller, Gregg Marshall and Steve Alford are the next three and all of them would take it. I have no proof on any of this. JMO

There are a few flights daily scheduled out of Indy to Las Vegas during the conference tournaments. Pac12 is playing in Vegas. UCLA is part of Pac12. I've already said too much.
No track them from Monroe County airport, not Indy

I'm definitely not expecting Billy Donovan. Who claims Donovan is even interested in leaving his current job? He just got to the NBA, why would he leave that right away? No way. Plus, he isn't a great fit. He's an East Coast guy- and that works at Florida but not so much at IU, says me.
All of the guys were looking at are not looking to leave their current job but if enough money is throw their way they might leave their current job.

All of the guys were looking at are not looking to leave their current job but if enough money is throw their way they might leave their current job.

Dude, seriously, when do coaches actively lobby to leave their current jobs? I don't recall ever seeing an interview with any coach and they said "boy, I'd sure like for a big time program to call me. We've done good things here at XYZ State, but I'd love to move on to something bigger and better. In the mean time I'll just keep coaching here, but I'm available".

You don't know. You just don't. Unless you have a personal relationship with their agents and they've given you inside info. You don't know if they're seriously looking to leave, looking to stay, or even if they just have their agents looking at options "just in case".

Is it because Stevens hasn't been on tv saying "I'd love to get the hell out of Boston ASAP"?

Is it because Donovan hasn't been on tv saying "OKC isn't what I thought it would be and I'd really like to get a different job"?

I don't know if these guys want to leave or stay where they are. No one does besides them and those closest to them.

Crean was notified yesterday he should look into taking the Missouri job or others because he wouldn't be retained. I think Glass wants to throw big money at Donovan, Sean Miller, Tony Bennett and make them say no. If they do Archie Miller, Gregg Marshall and Steve Alford are the next three and all of them would take it. I have no proof on any of this. JMO
Marshall should be in the first group of coaches

Dude, seriously, when do coaches actively lobby to leave their current jobs? I don't recall ever seeing an interview with any coach and they said "boy, I'd sure like for a big time program to call me. We've done good things here at XYZ State, but I'd love to move on to something bigger and better. In the mean time I'll just keep coaching here, but I'm available".

You don't know. You just don't. Unless you have a personal relationship with their agents and they've given you inside info. You don't know if they're seriously looking to leave, looking to stay, or even if they just have their agents looking at options "just in case".

Is it because Stevens hasn't been on tv saying "I'd love to get the hell out of Boston ASAP"?

Is it because Donovan hasn't been on tv saying "OKC isn't what I thought it would be and I'd really like to get a different job"?

I don't know if these guys want to leave or stay where they are. No one does besides them and those closest to them.
Exactly what I was trying to tell the other poster. Must have not done a good job of explaining myself.

Marshall should be in the first group of coaches
I think so too but we don't have to work with the coach every day. From the reports Marshall is an a-hole who is hard to work with. Doesn't like to do the PR stuff either and is like Kevin Wilson, which didn't go well here so might not be a good fit.

You mean like when Mike Davis was asked if it was like a dream to coach IU in the Final Four? I believe his response was - my real dream is to coach in the NBA!

The East Coast guy sure has worked for Louisville hasn't it?

Reactions: bailey777
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT