ADVERTISEMENT

Leaks

Hoosierjeff71

Redshirt
Oct 22, 2012
Sellersburg
It's so difficult for me to believe with the internet and social media, no one has leaked anything. I mean anyone in the know at IU or at one of the possible coaches' organization. Makes me skeptical that he's gone.. anyone on here that claims they know something is probably looking for attention without a credible source. Guess we will all find out something in a few weeks.

It's so difficult for me to believe with the internet and social media, no one has leaked anything. I mean anyone in the know at IU or at one of the possible coaches' organization. Makes me skeptical that he's gone.. anyone on here that claims they know something is probably looking for attention without a credible source. Guess we will all find out something in a few weeks.
I'll throw this out for what it's worth. This is the way this comes to me:

Me> my boss> boss's wife> boss's wife's co-worker is parent of player.

Parent of player from a week or two ago when asked about Crean's future: "I have information, but I can't tell you."

Kravitz says crean is not going anywhere. Does he have sources? Not sure.

Glass was talking with Wilson about resigning for weeks and no one had a clue until it happened. When we hired Crean everyone was convinced we were hiring Lon Kruger until the Crean announcement.

Reactions: bailey777
Glass was talking with Wilson about resigning for weeks and no one had a clue until it happened. When we hired Crean everyone was convinced we were hiring Lon Kruger until the Crean announcement.
That's why I think the Billy Donovan stuff is such nonsense. It will probably be someone nobody is expecting

That's why I think the Billy Donovan stuff is such nonsense. It will probably be someone nobody is expecting
Whoa whoa waitaminute... you've been proclaiming for months that there's no way Glass has the stones to cut his buddy Tommy loose. So how can there be "someone nobody is expecting"?

Reactions: Squarepants

Parent of player from a week or two ago when asked about Crean's future: "I have information, but I can't tell you."

I heard some info this week that came a similar way:

Me>co-worker>co-worker's friend>family of D1 coach supposedly interested in the job

The info is indirect and third hand, so it's pointless for me to post anything. Even if I somehow did have a better source, I doubt I'd post it here. I'm taking everything I hear with a grain of salt.

Whoa whoa waitaminute... you've been proclaiming for months that there's no way Glass has the stones to cut his buddy Tommy loose. So how can there be "someone nobody is expecting"?
He doesn't. Crean is leaving on his own. Glass is not firing him.

And yet, you did. :rolleyes:

Not really. I didn't post what I heard. What's the point? No one will believe it (nor should they) because I'm just an anonymous person on the internet.

I guess I didn't make my point clear. It wasn't that I had "inside info". It's that there's a lot of info from a friend of a friend being posted, and if anyone truly had inside info they wouldn't be posting here. The whole discussion of who's heard what is pointless.

Now watch with all this talk...this will be the miracle year that IU finally wins the BTT and Glass says that shows Crean can lead a team to a title and gives him a 5 year extension.;)

Reactions: moneyadvisor
Right. No way he leaves by choice. If he does take another job it's because he has been given his notice.
Crean currently has a contract that will expire July 1, 2020. After this year he will have 3 seasons left under contract. No college coach wants to be on contract with less than 4 years remaining.
Crean is supposed to recruit this summer looking for kids in the class of 18, 19, and 20. As it stands now Crean cannot guarantee the 18 kids he will be here after their soph year, the 19 kids after their freshman year, and 20 kids that he will be here at all when they arrive on campus. He won't be able to recruit and his tenure at IU will continue to nosedive.
That is why Crean went to Glass last year and asked for an extension. He didn't want a contract with under 4 years remaining. Glass told him no. If Crean knows he isn't getting an extension this year he has to have his agent out there looking for schools that would be willing to give him a 6 year deal.

The odds are highest that Crean will get another job elsewhere and will negotiate a buyout with IU. That is much more likely than Crean getting fired.

There have been leaks. Stevens was contacted and is not interested. Donovan was also contacted and is willing to speak more. This was about 10-15 days ago. Nothing has been leaked since. Things are moving slow, but wuiet is typically good. Could be weeks to a month to know more.

This has been reported by at least 4 reputable people. One of which broke the Gunner Kiel news 2 weeks before it happend.

Right. No way he leaves by choice. If he does take another job it's because he has been given his notice.
Maybe mcrobbie told glass you need to give him notice but I fully believe glass would of given him another year if it was totally up to him. Crean does not want to stay without an extension so it's a mutual parting.

There have been leaks. Stevens was contacted and is not interested. Donovan was also contacted and is willing to speak more. This was about 10-15 days ago. Nothing has been leaked since. Things are moving slow, but wuiet is typically good. Could be weeks to a month to know more.

This has been reported by at least 4 reputable people. One of which broke the Gunner Kiel news 2 weeks before it happend.

Yup there appear to be very credible leaks out there. So much so that my faith in Glass looks like it will be restored, well as long as the replacement is a good one.

Donovan combined with the IU brand could be a recruiting bonanza. I have to stop thinking about that possibility. I don't want to get my hopes up for no yet known good reason.

Maybe mcrobbie told glass you need to give him notice but I fully believe glass would of given him another year if it was totally up to him. Crean does not want to stay without an extension so it's a mutual parting.

McRobbie is a foreign, academic who likely doesn't know the difference between a zone and a man defense.

Get serious.

Reactions: burncycle911
for the sake of posterity....he would be given permission to talk to other job
Right. No way he leaves by choice. If he does take another job it's because he has been given his notice.[/QU
Donovan combined with the IU brand could be a recruiting bonanza. I have to stop thinking about that possibility. I don't want to get my hopes up for no yet known good reason.
can you imagine landing a ticket for the first home game with Billy Donovan on the Indiana sidelines? How crazy would AH be? To quote Charlton Heston in "Planet of the Apes"...."Its a mad house! A madhouse!"

for the sake of posterity....he would be given permission to talk to other job

can you imagine landing a ticket for the first home game with Billy Donovan on the Indiana sidelines? How crazy would AH be? To quote Charlton Heston in "Planet of the Apes"...."Its a mad house! A madhouse!"
One can dream.

Personally, I'll not form any opinions until I see something like this:

Me> poster >guy at Bloomington car wash.

See how much more direct that is? Just as accurate, too.

Reactions: iu60
You want Glass to tweet out information right now? Are you being serious?

Not discrediting you but...

Just about everyone knew Kiel was decommitting way in advance. Danny Hope's son knew he was decommitting weeks prior lol.

The only person who didn't was Matt Weaver and thus the majority on this board, but that info was out there for a long long time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT