ADVERTISEMENT

Last 15 Games... what path do you see this team taking...

fireforeffect

Sophomore
Jan 11, 2016
W Jan 10 @ Maryland
W Jan 15 vs Rutgers
L Jan 18 @ Penn St.
L Jan 21 vs Michigan St.
W Jan 26 @ Michigan
L Jan 29 @ Northwestern
W Feb 1 vs Penn St.
L Feb 5 @ Wisconsin
W Feb 9 vs Purdue
W Feb 12 vs Michigan
L Feb 15 @ Minnesota
W Feb 21 @ Iowa
W Feb 25 vs Northwestern
L Feb 28 @ Purdue
W Mar 4 @ Ohio St.

9-6 , (20-11 overall)

8-7, 19-12 overall. 1-1 in the B1G tournament. Bubble team going into selection Sunday but wins over UNC and Kansas make us an easy selection at a 9 seed. We get into round 2, get throttled by Villanova and Crean apologist will want to throw a parade in Bloomington to celebrate the successful season.

8-7, 19-12 overall. 1-1 in the B1G tournament. Bubble team going into selection Sunday but wins over UNC and Kansas make us an easy selection at a 9 seed. We get into round 2, get throttled by Villanova and Crean apologist will want to throw a parade in Bloomington to celebrate the successful season.
Sounds about right but i dont see the one win in the btt.

W Jan 10 @ Maryland
W Jan 15 vs Rutgers
L Jan 18 @ Penn St.
L Jan 21 vs Michigan St.
W Jan 26 @ Michigan
L Jan 29 @ Northwestern
W Feb 1 vs Penn St.
L Feb 5 @ Wisconsin
W Feb 9 vs Purdue
W Feb 12 vs Michigan
L Feb 15 @ Minnesota
W Feb 21 @ Iowa
W Feb 25 vs Northwestern
L Feb 28 @ Purdue
W Mar 4 @ Ohio St.

9-6 , (20-11 overall)

How close will I get to IU Final record?

I see us ending the season with 15 losses. Does that get IU in the tourney? I don't think it does.
No way 15 losses gets you in the tournament but that would mean wed would have to go 1-6 in our last 7 games. Do you really think we will only win one game the rest of the year.

The Purdue game will dictate the rest of the season.

Win it....IU will get into the NCAA with as many as 19....maybe 20 wins.

Lose it.......IU will will miss NCAA with 18....maybe 17 wins.

I think its that important. Emotions will be running high and JBJ will be back.

Reactions: burncycle911

Agree

IU goes 1-6 then shocks the world and wins the BTT. Creans saves his job. Everybody is excited then they have 25 TOs and lose in the 1st game of the NCAA Tourney.

W Jan 10 @ Maryland
W Jan 15 vs Rutgers
L Jan 18 @ Penn St.
L Jan 21 vs Michigan St.
W Jan 26 @ Michigan
L Jan 29 @ Northwestern
W Feb 1 vs Penn St.
L Feb 5 @ Wisconsin
W Feb 9 vs Purdue
W Feb 12 vs Michigan
L Feb 15 @ Minnesota
W Feb 21 @ Iowa
W Feb 25 vs Northwestern
L Feb 28 @ Purdue
W Mar 4 @ Ohio St.

9-6 , (20-11 overall)

if we get to 19 wins with a game to play, coach will tell us with glee that we're about to get #20...just like like he did in year 7. even with his crappy ncsos he'll truly believe that is enough to get us in the NCAAs. there will be a twinkle in his eye. he'll talk about having young players and how much we've improved. he'll talk about injuries. hell, he may even talk about zeller. He was doing that 2 years after the dude was gone. lol

this, i see.

Last edited:

If OG was here to play Schwanigan I would have confidence in Thursday's game. I just don't see how to play him and not have TB in foul trouble. Juwan is not 100%. Haas is a problem and Cline can shoot. Those are the guys I know much about, but I think it starts and ends with Biggie.

If OG was here to play Schwanigan I would have confidence in Thursday's game. I just don't see how to play him and not have TB in foul trouble. Juwan is not 100%. Haas is a problem and Cline can shoot. Those are the guys I know much about, but I think it starts and ends with Biggie.

Do they play V Edwards at the same time with Biggie and Haas? If they do, I don't have any idea how we stop them.

Haas -> Bryant
Biggie -> Morgan (!?!?!)
V Edwards -> Newkirk (!?!?!)
C Edwards -> RJ
Cline -> Green/Jones

We simply don't match up with them at all.....but we will be hitting from outside.

Do they play V Edwards at the same time with Biggie and Haas? If they do, I don't have any idea how we stop them.

Haas -> Bryant
Biggie -> Morgan (!?!?!)
C Edwards -> RJ
Cline -> Green/Jones

We simply don't match up with them at all.....but we will be hitting from outside.
They don't start Haas and Swanigan and they probably only play together for around 15-20 minutes a game.
Swanigan
V. Edwards
Mathias
Edwards
Thompson

They don't start Haas and Swanigan and they probably only play together for around 15-20 minutes a game.
Swanigan
V. Edwards
Mathias
Edwards
Thompson

This. We've moved away from starting Haas/Swanigan together and our offense seems to flow better when we made that change. Those 5 are the main guys with Haas, Cline, and Spike getting the back-up minutes.

Haas -> Bryant
Biggie -> Morgan (!?!?!)
C Edwards -> RJ
Cline -> Green/Jones

We don't do it for very long stretches of the game but maybe this matchup will dictate it. If we hit 3's at our normal clip, we should be in good shape.

OG is a good defender but I think he'd struggle with Swanigan's size. If OG was healthy, would he definitely guard Swanigan for the majority of the game?

You're forgetting the experience Robert Johnson has guarding Haas. Don't worry, crafting a defensive plan is exactly what CTC excels at, no?

Haas -> Bryant
Biggie -> Morgan (!?!?!)
C Edwards -> RJ
Cline -> Green/Jones

Others will have to answer but surprised to see you say Haas better than Bryant, have only seen Haas play a game or two This year but thought Bryant was the better player...maybe not.

Others will have to answer but surprised to see you say Haas better than Bryant, have only seen Haas play a game or two This year but thought Bryant was the better player...maybe not.

They are very different players. Haas has very good post moves and has one of the highest FG percentages in college basketball. He's not a good defender though. Bryant is more agile and can make you pay by hitting outside shots. I don't think Bryant has much of a post-game though.

Not saying Haas better....I actually think Haas will struggle guarding Byrant. The problem is when Haas and Biggie are in game at the same time......then Morgan has to guard Biggie....and I love Morgan.....but Biggie will destroy him.

OG is a good defender but I think he'd struggle with Swanigan's size. If OG was healthy, would he definitely guard Swanigan for the majority of the game?

It appears that everyone has struggled with that dude. I just think OG is/was the most atletic defender and Juwan is still not 100%. Would he guard him? Hell, I have no idea what Crean would do, although I know it would be different than what I would do.

Maybe take a play from Painters book and hack the shit out of him until the refs make it stop.

Not saying Haas better....I actually think Haas will struggle guarding Byrant. The problem is when Haas and Biggie are in game at the same time......then Morgan has to guard Biggie....and I love Morgan.....but Biggie will destroy him.

The > is what confused me.

They are very different players. Haas has very good post moves and has one of the highest FG percentages in college basketball. He's not a good defender though. Bryant is more agile and can make you pay by hitting outside shots. I don't think Bryant has much of a post-game though.

Well...the few times that TC runs sets that feed TB he has some good moves. They had 66 pts in the paint vs PSU.

Schwanigan says.. schwing!!

Reactions: cmsnow84
Hopefully Thursday, they are going to need him.

Ray Allen couldn't help this team against Purdue. With or without JBJ it's still a double digit game. Haas has some great post moves and is a hoss, it will be tough for Bryant or Davis to get him off of the block. We will have to double team him and he is a pretty good big when it comes to kicking the ball outside. It's over and it's only Monday.

Reactions: bailey777
Ray Allen couldn't help this team against Purdue. With or without JBJ it's still a double digit game. Haas has some great post moves and is a hoss, it will be tough for Bryant or Davis to get him off of the block. We will have to double team him and he is a pretty good big when it comes to kicking the ball outside. It's over and it's only Monday.

I think it can be a close game or even go IU's way. Don't underestimate the importance of it being a rivalry game. I could see you guys come out firing and knock us off.

I think it can be a close game or even go IU's way. Don't underestimate the importance of it being a rivalry game. I could see you guys come out firing and knock us off.
Most guys on the IU team would not have any idea of the rivalry and we only have two Indiana kids on the whole roster and one does not even play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT