ADVERTISEMENT

Langdon Hatton

edub72

Junior
Jan 17, 2018
Can Hatton honestly help/contribute this coming year? I haven’t seen him play or any video. Worried since I was in Bloomington last week and saw Ballo on Kirkwood still in a boot.

If he is in the game his contributions would be defense, rebounding, and passing, while playing for a few minutes, and maybe hitting a free throw. If he can do some of those things it will be helpful.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Can Hatton honestly help/contribute this coming year? I haven’t seen him play or any video. Worried since I was in Bloomington last week and saw Ballo on Kirkwood still in a boot.
This IU's main problem, Ballo can only go about 25 minutes a game if healthy, Hatton is serviceable, but played on a bad Bellermine team. Ballo gets in foul trouble, Reneau, who is always in foul trouble, will have to play more 5 than wanted. Do to IU's lack of three shooting again, teams will pack the middle and force Ballo to shoot FT's. Depth in the middle is a problem!

• Wow
IU will be just fine this year. Life is to short, no need to stress and worry your life away. The other day someone reported that this group is really enjoying playing together, quite the opposite of the report from a year ago. The pieces are there, it's going to be a Beautiful Winter watching my favorite basketball team. The MIGHTY HOOSIERS!! GO IU!

This IU's main problem, Ballo can only go about 25 minutes a game if healthy, Hatton is serviceable, but played on a bad Bellermine team. Ballo gets in foul trouble, Reneau, who is always in foul trouble, will have to play more 5 than wanted. Do to IU's lack of three shooting again, teams will pack the middle and force Ballo to shoot FT's. Depth in the middle is a problem!
First, saying he can only go 25 minutes is short sighted. However, I’d prefer to keep him below 30. Malik averaged 29 minutes a game, so he obviously stayed on the floor enough. Plus, I don’t anticipate them playing side by side much.

If this is your perceived weakness then it is no wonder you have such misguided opinions.

Reneau will do just fine at the 5 when called on. Hatton’s pt will be minimal.

First, saying he can only go 25 minutes is short sighted. However, I’d prefer to keep him below 30. Malik averaged 29 minutes a game, so he obviously stayed on the floor enough. Plus, I don’t anticipate them playing side by side much.

If this is your perceived weakness then it is no wonder you have such misguided opinions.
He's a Boiler fan.

Reactions: Willray

Do to IU's lack of shooting.

lmao ...

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
We have Rice, Galloway, Tucker, Newton and Carlyle that can defend the perimeter at a high level. As long as some combination of 3 of them are on the floor the majority of the game, we'll be a really good defensive team. Until I'm proven otherwise, Reneau, Mgbako and Goode are awful perimeter defenders.

There will be some teams we can play a lot of dbl-5s and I think closing games Reneau will be the 5 because of Ballos issues.

Hatton is behind glass in cass of emergency.

We have Rice, Galloway, Tucker, Newton and Carlyle that can defend the perimeter at a high level. As long as some combination of 3 of them are on the floor the majority of the game, we'll be a really good defensive team. Until I'm proven otherwise, Reneau, Mgbako and Goode are awful perimeter defenders.

There will be some teams we can play a lot of dbl-5s and I think closing games Reneau will be the 5 because of Ballos issues.

One of Coyle's guests yesterday (think it was Dustin Dopirak), was actually fairly high on Hatton and thought he could contribute off the bench. On the face of it, he does bring skills that both Ballo (shooting) and Reneau (rebounding) have struggled with. His comments made me more hopeful that Hatton can contribute and that we might be OK if he's forced to play due to fouls, injury, etc...

While I totally agree that Mgbako was one of the worst (lost?) defenders I've ever seen at the beginning of the season....I thought he showed amazing improvement as the year went along. Almost to the point where I would say he was "average" by the last few games of the year. I don't see him being an all defensive team at any level, but I think he can be serviceable most of the year.

While I totally agree that Mgbako was one of the worst (lost?) defenders I've ever seen at the beginning of the season....I thought he showed amazing improvement as the year went along. Almost to the point where I would say he was "average" by the last few games of the year. I don't see him being an all defensive team at any level, but I think he can be serviceable most of the year.
I agree with you. Plus, I think he will be spending far more time as a stretch four this year. There aren’t many 4s strong enough to truly punish him down low and it minimizes his need for lateral quickness on the perimeter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT